US Meet The Tinks: Uraflamer

Sketchbag

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Super Moderator
This is an intimate and candid interview pertaining to all things Uraflamer -- No such thing as tl;dr in this thread! Enjoy!

What got you into twinking?

I have older cousins (twins) that both played WoW, and they are the ones who got me into this game. I was interested in the game, but my mom was hesitant about letting me play it largely due to the subscription fee that the game has. At the time I was younger and did not have my own credit card. So for a while, I knew about the game and would watch them play sometimes when I went over to their house, but didn’t have my own account. One of them played twinks and explained the concept to me, so before I had even made an account I already knew about twinking.

Right after the release of Cataclysm was when I was finally able to convince my mom to let me make an account. I started with the intention of leveling a main first, but by the time I had gotten to level 20 I was completely burnt out from the leveling process. I decided to make a Rogue (Stealthcnt), but stopped playing WoW before I had finished gearing it because I was starting to lose interest with the game and wanted to focus on sports. Until June of 2012 I played on and off as I casually leveled my main and geared up various twinks. It was funny because I would start gearing a twink and before it was completely geared, I would lose interest and make a new class. June of 2012 was when I started queueing twink BGs regularly. It’s also when I went out and bought a mouse and stopped playing with the trackpad on my laptop and figured out that you could keybind abilities to keys besides the default 1234567890-=.

It’s funny because my cousin played twinks because he basically liked pwning noobs. Ironically, the reason why I continue to play twinks is because I like the competitive atmosphere that 19 twink XP off BGs bring as well as the premades and now the Twink Cup. I also like the community aspect. You can go into a BG and if you have been around for long enough, will always see familiar names. There aren’t many other games that you can experience this in and it’s what makes twinking so unique.

On what class did you make a name for yourself?

Definitely mage. My cousins both played on Azgalor, so that was the server that I chose to roll on. The guild <Meat Puppet> was already established on this server, and that’s the guild that they told me I should aim to get in to. I got into the guild during mid Cataclysm, but I wasn’t very active in the game in general. I’m not completely sure about what was going on with <Meat Puppet> during this time, but I do know that it became more and more inactive until June of 2012 which was coincidentally when I re-subbed due to being on summer vacation.

When I came back, the guild was going through a revival and forming a premade team. There were already two rogues actively playing that were much better than me (Air and Requielm), so I decided to gear up a mage in hopes of getting a premade spot largely due to there being no other active mages in the guild. Due to my activity, I soon established myself as <Meat Puppet>’s Mage for premades. From this point onward it became my main class until the end of MoP.

Around the beginning of MoP was when I started to become a well known twink. The first half of MoP was when I improved a lot. This is where I started to work on areas of the game like CC and interrupts/fakecasting. I still remember my first game of MoP when I used Counterspell on a healer that wasn’t casting and was confused as to why they weren’t silenced.

It wasn’t until the second half of MoP that I became one of the better players in the bracket and from there I became better and better. I think something that is unique about me is that I pretty much learned how to play this game through playing 19 twinks.

Guild Resume. Favorite guild of all time?

This one was a toss up between <Meat Puppet> and <Skill Ratio>. They really are at opposite ends of the spectrum. As most people know, SR is more of an elitist guild where you have to be one of the better players in the bracket to get into. <Meat Puppet>, on the other hand, was almost the polar opposite. Pretty much everyone was welcome and looking back, we were pretty bad. However, it was a really friendly environment and we all had a great time.

The reason SR is in the equation is solely because of the Twink Cup last year. Although it didn’t exactly end the way I hoped it would due to uncontrollable circumstances, it was still a lot of fun and it was my first time premading with a top guild in the bracket. It definitely came with a lot of pressure though. We were pretty much representing the 19 twink bracket and defending it against the top RBGers at end game.

I’m going to have to go with <Meat Puppet> for this one. It was my first twink guild, and when I think of when I had the most fun twinking, it’s definitely Summer of 2012 with <Meat Puppet> even though we weren’t that good. If we had beaten instead of tied TSN in the Twink Cup last year I might have chosen SR due to the glory that would have come along with being the sole winner of the Twink Cup.

What's your sub at SUBWAY?

Growing up it was definitely the Italian BMT. However, for the past year or so, I’ve been eating healthy and try to avoid fast food as much as possible. The last time few times I had Subway I actually had a Double Chicken Chopped Salad because I didn’t want to eat bread. Believe it or not, it was actually really tasty. I know, I probably sound like a little girl haha.

Chips or cookies?

Once again, growing up I always preferred chips over almost any other snack. Lays Barbecue flavor or Old Dutch Salt and Vinegar flavors were my two favorites. Oh, wait. I just remembered Beer Chips. Those are without a doubt my all-time favorite. If you haven’t tried them yet, you are missing out. They’re pretty much the Jrbigchief of potato chips. These days, if I was offered either of these snacks, I would most likely respectfully decline and make up some excuse as to why I’m not hungry. Both are really delicious, but just a handful of chips or one cookie usually isn’t satisfying for me and I end up wanting more; it’s very easy for me to start binging on them which is why I try to avoid snacks like these. As good as they taste, I’ll be an emotional wreck if I eat them. Oh well.

After reading through my answers, I realized this question was probably in regards to Subway. Right now the answer would be neither, but before I turned into a health nut it would be the Dutch Crunch Barbecue Potato Chips without a doubt.

What is your favorite class? Why?

Overall, it would be Mage because it is by far the class that I have spent the most time playing throughout my twink career. With that being said, since WoD was released I have made the swap over to Warlock. I like to think of Desto Warlock as the new Arcane Mage of WoD. During the Twink Cup last year, on paper Arcane Mage looked good. However, most teams didn’t have a good enough player to pull it off. If you have a good player the Arcane Mage was a strong asset. If they weren’t good, then they became a liability to the team. It has high burst, and can be very good but requires a very skilled player to pull it off. This is exactly what Destro Warlock is like right now. I like playing an underrepresented class.

What is your favorite race? Why?

Asians. Because we are intellectually superior to every other race.

Kidding, lol. I really like Night Elf. The female casting animation is awesome. Plus, Shadowmeld is a great ability.

Watch or no watch? Any wrist swag goin’ on at all?

Not right now. Hopefully in several years when I have a full time job and can afford a nice one.

<Raw Tawent> and the beginning of that relationship?

It’s funny because I was never actually in <Raw Talent> specifically. I’ve only been in <Waw Tawent> and <Skill Ratio>.

I joined <Waw Tawent> in December of 2012, shortly before Pizza was banned. At this point, the guild was almost completely inactive. I asked Pizza if I could join and he seemed hesitant about it, but decided to invite me. My guess was that at that point he just didn’t give a shit.

When he came back on a new account, he changed the guild to <Raw Talent>. This involved changing the name of the guild and pretty much kicking everyone and then re-inviting the players he wanted to join the guild. When I asked him to join the new guild, his words were “Not right now. Maybe as time passes by.”. In retrospect, I realize that I wasn’t a very good player back then, and have come a long way. But at the time, I’ll admit that I was a little frustrated that I wasn’t in the guild when it seemed like pretty much everyone else was. This led to me publicly trolling/trash talking Pizza, the guild, and it’s members which formed a grudge between Pizza and myself that continued to grow for quite some time.

Shortly after Patch 5.4 came out, I resubbed and played during my winter break from college. I appearance changed my Male Blood Elf Mage to female and name changed from “Uraflamer” to “Cammarata”. The goal of this was to join Pizza’s new guild, <Skill Ratio> under a new name. Unfortunately, people quickly figured out that I was Cammarata and the word spread. Pizza was streaming at the time, and knowing that I was listening to the stream, would say things like “Jetlife is the best mage blah blah blah”, when I was in the same game as both of them to piss me off.

This was pretty frustrating, so I pretty much said fuck it and decided to redo the process, but even more secretly. I decided to create an Alliance Mage on a completely random server that no other twinks were on. The result was Snèákybèáver on the server Azshara. I suppose it wasn’t a completely random server for me because Azshara was one of the servers merged with my home server Azgalor, which made the gearing process very convenient. If Snèákybèáver was on Azgalor, it would have been a lot easier for people to figure out it was me.

I quickly built up a strong reputation for myself under this new name. At first, it seemed like absolutely no one knew who the hell Snèákybèáver was, although Grizzlefoot insists that he knew it was me from the beginning. It was funny because for the first few days that I queued, I would enter the BG with only a few level 10 or below green gear equipped. Before the gates even opened people would be telling the team to report me AFK. When the gates opened, I would Blink+Blazing Speed to the boots, and grab zerker hut. This made my team furious. Right before the initial mid fight, I would quickly swap back to my real gear set and go on to do high damage and KBs. With SR dominating PuGs with their 5-man group queues, I soon became sort of a hero for the Alliance.

I remember listening to Pizza’s stream, and the first game that I queued on Snèákybèáver happened to be against Pizza’s group. Curley pointed me out and they proceeded to make fun of my poor 700 HP Mage. Curley even commented, “Where the hell do these random shitters even come from”, which I found extremely ironic and got a good laugh from. After a strong performance during that game, Pizza was dying to know who Snèákybèáver was because from the outside I pretty much came out of nowhere.

This went on for about a week or two where I queued BGs every day under this new name and built a name for myself as Snèákybèáver. Pizza was very impressed with my play under this identity, even saying, “Snèákybèáver is the greatest player to ever play this bracket.” on stream. Meanwhile, on the forums in those Best of 19s threads, people constantly listed Snèákybèáver as the best mage, while leaving out my other Mage, Cammarata. I’m the same player, just under two different identities, which goes to show that there is certainly a degree of bias involved with those types of threads/polls. For example, people that hate me and never put me on their lists in the past like Cogbrew listed Snèákybèáver as the best Mage.

On the podcast 15 Minutes with HB, HB tried to make a point about how he was seeing new players come to the bracket and play at a high level, which he felt was very rare in the past. To support his point, he went as far as listing a specific player. I saw this coming from a mile away. Snèákybèáver. Listening to this podcast made me laugh pretty hard at the irony and how he unknowingly ruined the point he was trying to get across.

Eventually Pizza came to the conclusion that Snèákybèáver had to be me. With this in mind, he decided that he would be down to have me in SR, and I finally joined the guild. My winter break was coming to an end, and I soon stopped playing as the bracket died down.

I resubbed in May after finals, and played for SR in the Twink Cup that summer. Playing double Arcane Mage alongside Grizzlefoot was so much fun. We literally blew everything up in sight, and the best part was that there wasn’t any other mages on our level at the time and very few mages could even compete. It really was a dream combo. I stopped playing about a month after the Twink Cup due to college starting up again.

Just like the year before, after finals of fall semester, I resubbed. With the class changes, I was hoping to play Warlock for SR as they were finalizing a premade team for the winter. When this didn’t happen, I was pretty frustrated. Luckily I got a spot on HB’s team for some wargames against SR. As Demo lock, I displayed my dominance in the game, having more damage than the Boomkins, Arms Warriors, and BM Monks in the game. On top of that, I had over twice as much damage done as SR’s Warlock. On stream, the healers on SR commented about how hard it was to heal through the pressure I was putting out so this wasn’t meaningless damage by any means. Needless to say, after these wargames, I was on my high horse. With my winter break coming to an end, I spammed the <Skill Ratio> guild skype chat calling various players in the guild bad. I did this for quite some time, until one day when Pizza posted in skype chat that he was removing two players from the guild when he got home. Although I wasn’t sure who they would be, I had a strong feeling that I would be one of them. While sitting in Orgrimmar on my warlock, I debated whether to /gquit or not because of my ego. I decided to leave the guild on my warlock but kept my Twink Cup Mage and alts in the guild. This felt like a win/win for me. When Pizza got home, he ended up removing Bam and Melseadys, two players who were extremely inactive. I’m still not sure if he chose one of them last minute because I left on my Warlock, though.

After these two kicks, I felt that I was out of the woods. Barbarous and Skeezine went on to do the same thing as me largely due to how embarrassing <Skill Ratio>’s players were at the time. About a week later Pizza cleaned all 3 of our characters from the guild with the reasoning that we had left on our main twinks. This didn’t make sense though, because Barb left on one of his alts and left his main twink in the guild but was still removed. Whatever.

I went back to school shortly after this, and resubbed and played for about a week during March while I was on my Spring Break after I cancelled my PCB plans. With the Twink Cup in the near future, I had the urge to rejoin the guild. I asked Restosexual to re-add me to the guild’s skype group. Usually, when people not in the guild are added to the skype group, Pizza promptly removes them without saying a word. However, Pizza coincidentally happened to be on vacation and only had access to skype through his phone. This meant that he couldn’t remove people from the skype group until he got back home and could to it from his computer. I thought this was absolutely hilarious and a lot of the members were frustrated that I was back and there was nothing Pizza could do about it. When Pizza announced that he was back from vacation, I was surprised when he didn’t remove me from the group right away. Shortly after, he messaged me letting me know he’d be down to have me back in the guild, so I joined. The next day was the last day of my spring break and I didn’t play again until mid May.

I started out laying low with the trolling and spamming in the skype group. But after a while, I started making fun of Curley, calling him fat and whatnot. He would send countless shirtless pictures to the whole skype group every day and I would spam the chat, talking shit about him. This is the main reason why threads like the Twink Bodybuilding Cup were created on TI. Some of the other core members of the guild became annoyed with my trolling as well as the fact that I joined the guild and went inactive in-game but spammed the skype group. I thought it was pretty funny. One day, Zeiren made a strawpoll regarding whether Pizza should kick me or not and posted it in the skype group. Several days later, I was removed from the skype group and saw that my twinks had been removed from the guild on the WoW Armory. Once again I had been kicked from SR, lol.
At this point I don’t really care too much about being in SR. Premading for them is a lot more desirable but that’s mainly because I want to have a strong team to play for during the Twink Cup and they happen to be one of them..

Explain the recruitment process involved with joining such a highly admired guild.

Although I’m not entirely certain, I do know that the ultimate decision comes down to whether Pizza wants to invite the person or not. However, I think other members of the guild can have an influence on his decision, with the core members of the guild having more influence than others.

I think the majority of the players get into the guild by either asking Pizza in-game if they can join, or Pizza asks them to join. I sometimes wonder if anyone that applies for SR on TI actually gets into the guild.

For those of you who have never been in SR, I think Skeezin described what it’s like to be in the guild best. Something along the lines of: “SR is like a piece of candy that looks really good but when you actually eat it, it tastes like shit”. Sure, being in the guild is cool at first but at the end of the day it’s just a guild tag. You might get to group queue with Pizza, but stomping pugs gets boring fast. If you’re premading for SR, then disregard what I’ve said in this paragraph. But the majority of the players in the guild aren’t, and a lot of those spots are practically reserved for players that have been in the guild for a long time.

Premades? History? Feats of strength?

As I’ve sort of explained earlier, I started out playing with <Meat Puppet>. However, due to the long process involved with setting up premades back in Cataclysm, we never actually had a full guild vs. guild premade. In early MoP we had a few wargames against <Up on the Rooftop>. After Cataclysm, there were not any serious premades until summer of 2013.

The first legitimate premade I played in was for <Xtreme Gang Crew> against <Viciously Delicious>. It was organized largely due to my friend Barbarous’s effort, and <Xtreme Gang Crew> was pretty much a real ID team full of very strong players. We won all of the games, but <Viciously Delicious> put up a pretty good fight much to my surprise, despite having mostly average players on their roster.

Later during the summer, I became friends with Agonist. He was forming a premading team, <Ne Obliviscaris>, and offered me a spot to play for them. This guild was on Bleeding Hollow Alliance side. We had several premades scheduled, but due to absences from other teams none of them actually went through. We managed to play a couple games against some last minute Real ID teams and won all of those games.

Whilst being in <Ne Obliviscaris> on Alliance side, I had joined <Endorsed by Kujatax> on BH Horde side, a guild led by Slyddur which was pretty much the new <Noodle Arms>. Although my main premading guild was Agonist’s, Slyddur asked me to fill in for a few premades for his guild so I played for them as well. Eventually, a last minute premade was set up between <Raw Talent> and EbK. Slyddur asked me to play, but the morning of the premade he told me that one of their main players was going to be able to make it, when he originally thought they would not be able to. I was a little disappointed, but I was just filling in for them so I wasn’t really upset. Although EbK had a lot of big names, the majority of the players were not very active in MoP. They ended up getting 3 capped by RT, and the guild pretty much died after that embarrassing game. In the end, I’m glad I didn’t play in that game.

The next premading guild I played for was <Skill Ratio> for the Twink Cup. We had a very strong team, with the exception of one spot that was an obvious weak link. The tournament went pretty well until the finals when Pizza pretty much got DDoSed every game. Although it was cool to finally premade for Pizza’s guild, I didn’t really like the defensive turtling strats that we ran that many spectators criticized our team for. But then again we were in the tournament to win, not to provide the most entertainment to viewers of the various streamers.

I am now planning on playing for <HARVEST> for the Twink Cup this year. Going into the Twink Cup this summer, I was guildless and a little worried about whether I’d be able to find a solid team to play for for this year’s Twink Cup. A huge hurdle for me was the change in meta. My main classes are now Warlock/Mage, and these classes are fighting for that 6th DPS spot on premade teams, with many teams preferring a 2nd hunter. After playing one wargame with Tapout’s Real ID team, he offered me a spot on his Twink Cup team. I felt relieved that I at least had a team to play with now, but knew that in reality, Tapout’s team didn’t have too much of a strong chance of winning the Twink Cup. Luckily <HARVEST> picked me up and I couldn’t be more excited. Despite the strong performance by <Against the World>, HB’s Twink Cup team for last year, I feel like he has an even stronger team this year. In addition, I feel like the team consists of a lot more dedicated players; my impression is that AtW had to do some last minute fill ins by players not rostered on their team due to attendance issues from some of their rostered players. I don’t see that as being a problem this year.

One feat of strength is that I have 10 MoP geared mages. Only two of them are geared for WoD though, mostly due to the Gift of X enchants being expensive. When I started to get bored with the bracket, I found enjoyment in creating a new twink under a new name and starting over, building up a new reputation for that name. Unfortunately, people would eventually figure out that it is me. I guess my playstyle is easier to spot than other people like Drayner who would do something like this.

How was the leadership during your stay? Too many chiefs and not enough Indians?

Actually, no. Good leadership is a tough quality to find in this bracket. I definitely don’t have it. If I’m talking the most during a skype call for a premade, then my team is probably a shit show as far as communication goes, lol. I think a big contributing factor to this is I almost only solo queue, so I’m not used to calling things out while I’m playing. It’s also not my personality to be the one talking on and on amongst a large group of people whether it’s in WoW or IRL. That’s <Skill Ratio>’s biggest asset. If you have a person who’s been the leader of the only consistent powerhouse guild over the last several years, they’re going to be a damn good leader. With that being said, HB and Grizzle both do a great job at leading as well. There aren’t many other leaders on their level in this bracket. I’ve never experienced too many leaders in a skype call being a problem before.

What guild are you in at the moment? Do you group que mainly?

On Alliance BH I am in <Warsong Warlords>, Daedricdeath’s guild. Daedric is the man and a lot of friends are in the guild as well. It’s a great guild and I love the environment.

On Horde BH I am in <HARVEST>. This is the squad I’ll be rolling with for the Twink Cup and I’m really looking forward to it.

I actually rarely group queue. The only time I really did was during the months leading up to the Twink Cup so I could build synergy with my team. One big reason I don’t like doing it is that you will get into less games. Another is that by group queueing, there’s a good chance that your team will stomp the other team which I don’t think is any fun. I actually prefer to be on the weaker team. I have to credit a lot of my development as a player to being contained in my own GY. The situations I am talking about are when your team has healers to keep you up, but the other team certainly has the upper hand. These situations trained me to be able to land kills in high pressure situations, and it is the reason why I do so well cleaving mid in wargames/premades where the playing level is a lot more level. If you can manage to land a kill like I do while you have a Boomkin and Destro Warlock Focus Starsurging/Chaos Bolting you whenever possible, as well as an Arms Warrior all up in your GY, then you’re going to be one fucking beast in in mid fights. This is what separates me from all the other DPS casters.

Are you playing in the Twink Cup?

As mentioned in my previous answer, I’ll be playing for <HARVEST>.

How do you feel the Twink Cup is going to unfold? Who's winning what?

I completely agree with HB’s 3 tier analysis, with the top tier consisting of <HARVEST>, <Skill Ratio>, and <partys over> which is pretty much the <This Sunday Night> for this summer. Obviously <Skill Ratio> will be a strong contender. <partys over> will definitely be a wild card. Their performance will come down to how much effort they put into the Twink Cup and how well they adapt to the meta. It is a little concerning that none of them have really started playing 19s actively yet. It feels like around this time last year they were already wargaming as a team. Maybe they will start playing once patch 6.2 drops. As I mentioned earlier I think <HARVEST> is a lot stronger than <Against the World>, HB’s team from last year. Something really interesting is that top players in the bracket on <HARVEST> like Skeezin, Lukenukem, and Daddy/Restopathic were practically no names last year around the time of the Twink Cup.

Ultimately, I think the finals will come down to <HARVEST> vs. <Skill Ratio>. Obviously I’m a little biased with this answer since I am playing for one of these teams. However, <Against the World> put up a strong fight against TSN last year, just barely losing to them as TSN advanced to the finals. I went back and watched HB’s VoDs of the Twink Cup last year a few days after I was offered a spot on <HARVEST>. There is an extremely evident improvement in his leadership skills since then. That along with the strong individuals on <HARVEST>’s roster makes them a very strong contender for the Twink Cup this year. As far as who wins, that’s tough to say. It will definitely be a close game.

As for the arena tournament, I have no idea. With the Warsong Gulch tournament, you kind of know what teams are playing in the Twink Cup and most teams have the core of their roster set, so it’s easier to make predictions, but this just isn’t the case for the arena tournament. My guess is most teams haven’t even selected which 3 players will be playing for them.

You an arena guy? An avid freestyler as well by chance?

I’ve never been good in arenas. With that being said, I haven’t played much arena either. I didn’t play end game PvP until the end of MoP. At this point I don’t have interest in playing a lot of arenas to become a better arena player.

I love listening to rap, but am a terrible rapper/freestyler myself. Sorry guys, you won’t be seeing an appearance by Uraflamer in the Twink Cup Rap Battle if it’s still even a part of the tournament.

Were you excited to see your name listed in Dori's famed Twink Series list?

Not really. I knew I wouldn’t do well because I’m not liked by a lot of members of the community. This will play a factor in polls like these, as can be shown by the Snèákybèáver example. A good example of this shown in these polls is the priest poll. Kancer is miles ahead of any other priest in this bracket whether you like him or not. The fact that he didn’t win the poll is absolutely ridiculous, and it just shows that people voted for someone else because they don’t like him as a person. In addition, if you look at the public poll results, there’s an obvious trend of people voting for their friends/guildies. Then there are other factors like voters not having seen all of the players in the poll which already limits their options. Name recognition is another. If a player like Yowza was listed in the Mage poll even though he hasn’t played all expansion, there’s no doubt in my mind that he would have at least gotten a few votes simply because of his name.

Another thing that I noticed was that voters placed a lot of emphasis on locking down healers. I know that I’m not the best at that, but I will land more kills on mage/warlock than any other player in the bracket. The point of locking down healers is so that you can’t land kills, but my opinion is that it’s better to just land kills instead of putting all of your efforts into CCing the healers and neglecting bursting. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t CC/CS at all, but it’s better to have a balance of both than to just be a CC bot. With the current meta, I think it’s important to spam CC on the other team’s melee, rather than overextending to get the healers and putting yourself in a bad position. I think I do a pretty good job at CCing melee.

Finally, I’m guessing most of the voters based their opinions off of PuGs. My gameplay suits premade style gameplay more, where the mid fight is very important. Realistically, in a premade, if a mage blinks into the other team to say CS one healer and Poly the other, they are going to be dead within 10 seconds. Even if they manage to survive, they have wasted their defensive cooldowns for when the other team decides to swap to them again. In these situations, landing kills and positioning are very important as a DPS caster. A lot of players look like they are doing great in PuGs, but that is because they aren’t under very much pressure. When they are under pressure, they completely flop. Some players might look good when they are farming the other team’s GY, but when the tables are turned or they are in a premade where the play field is more level, they look like shit. This kind of goes back to what I was talking about in the group queueing answer.

In the end, I didn’t really care about the results of this poll for reasons I have mentioned as well as that mage is no longer my main class in this bracket.

Where do you stand on men and scarves? It's possible.

My personal opinion is that it’s a rather feminine thing to do. With that being said, I feel like there are some guys that can pull it off but I certainly am not one of them.

What's your computer setup? Laptop or Desktop?

I have a Macbook Pro for school and a Windows 7 Laptop that I’ve had since 2011. I’m looking at the stickers on my Windows Laptop and it says Intel Core i5 and Radeon Graphics. Similar to HB, I have no idea what that means to be honest. I can play the game so that’s all that really matters to me. I’ve played WoW on both laptops and the only differences I have noticed are the size of the screen, location of the control key, and that there is no Print Screen button on my Macbook’s keyboard. I’m currently playing on the Windows laptop. A big contributing factor to this decision is because about 5 keys on my Macbook Pro no longer function. Last semester a sloppy drunk girl stumbled into my room and bumped into a couch, spilling some of her beer on my laptop. I’ve been meaning to bring it to the Apple store for the last 3 months now but I’ve really been procrastinating on that one. Typing essays sure was a pain in the ass because I had to pull up the on screen keyboard and click on the enter button since the one on my physical keyboard no longer works. I might just end up getting a new Apple laptop instead, since I’ve had this one for a while.

What other classes are you enjoying at the moment?

My main class at this current point in time is Destruction Warlock (Dragonslayer & Flameiden). The other class that I also play in PuGs is Arcane Mage. I play Boomkin in wargames if it is needed, but would much rather prefer to play Warlock. I play a few other classes but I don’t really enjoy them nearly as much as these 3 classes. Fury Warrior is okay, but relies heavily on procs. Hunter is okay, but my playstyle fits better for a mid-cleaving class rather than a cut-off class. I geared up an elemental shaman and that was easily the biggest waste of 5k gold.

When WoD was released, I made the switch to Warlock due to how unenjoyable Mage gameplay seemed. Up until the last month of MoP, I had strictly played Mage. I decided to try Destro Warlock out after the Twink Cup and found it to be a lot of fun. It definitely had me wishing that I played it the whole expansion alongside Mage. After this experience, I decided to be more open to trying various classes rather than just sticking to one.

You excited for 6.2? Nerfs or buffs?

Not really. BM Monk is getting a huge universal defensive buff that I’m not looking forward to. There aren’t any buffs for 19 Destruction Warlock, which is currently my main class. I’m not happy about the nerfs to Demonology Warlocks but I don’t really play the spec anymore so I don’t care too much. Although the buffs to Affliction Warlock are nice, I can’t see myself seriously playing that spec.

What is currently the most OP class from your perspective?

I’d have to go with Druids. There’s a reason why one of its specs is banned from the Twink Cup, lol. Feral druids aside, Druid FCs are practically a no-brainer when choosing an FC, and Boomkins pretty much enjoy all aspects of 19 twinks. They have DoTs for high spread pressure, the ability to burst, a HoT for off-healing, one of the best mobility in the bracket, and Entangling Roots as a form of CC. Bear form makes for a pretty good defensive as well, and now that I think of it, they have Thrash as a spammable AoE. Boomkins pretty much have everything.

What is your “S” key bound to?

Backpeddle, haha. I tried unbinding it once but became frustrated when I was no longer able to backpeddle in Warsong Gulch flagroom or to troll in one-sided games. Since I’ve mostly only played 19s, I’ve never really been in a situation where I needed more easily accessible keybinds for my spells.

Was that actually you in Curley's thread?

Yep, haha.

Here’s the thread for those of you that haven’t seen it:

http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f12/twink-bodybuilding-cup-65151/

Just how jacked are you? You a fitness nut?

I’m definitely a fitness nut. I guess you could say I’m jacked, but I think I’m different from the typical bodybuilder or weight lifter. I’m aiming towards more of the male model look rather than that of a bodybuilder. Because of this, I don’t do weight training for legs and at this point am no longer really looking to put on any more muscle. I’d rather lose another % of body fat while losing some muscle than the opposite scenario.

Just to give you some stats, I’m a smaller guy at 5’6” and 143 lbs as of this morning. With that being said, my max bench press is currently at 305 lbs so I certainly am not weak at least in regards to my upper body. I put up 315 back in January but have gotten a little weaker since then. Early May, my Kinesiology professor at my college hooked me up with a free Underwater weighing body fat test. I clocked in at 7%, and I’m definitely feeling even leaner since then. I used to play hockey competitively in high school and trained legs heavily, so it’s not like they are twigs.

Something I’ve started this year is long distance running. Just this morning I ran 12 miles at 7:40 pace. I’m hoping to run a marathon in the near future and depending on how that goes I may make it a goal to qualify for the Boston Marathon some time in my mid 20s (currently 19). I am also a Red Bull Crashed Ice Athlete. It’s basically an ice skating race on a down hill track, kind of like skiing. If you’re interested you should look it up on youtube as it’s hard to explain.

People IRL often ask me about what my diet is and what not. The sad part is, given that you’re not an ectomorph that struggles to put on mass, you literally just have to not eat. I’m eating 1400 calories a day right now while working out 2-3 hours a day and it’s not like I’m some skinny little twig. I know it’s not healthy and I probably have some sort of eating disorder, but idk. It’s not like I’m anorexic or something so I don’t really care. I guess what I’m trying to say is that although I eat healthy food, my eating habits are not healthy and I can tell I suffer from exercise addiction.

US or EU? Who do you feel has the higher quality of players?

This is a really tough question. Although US has a lot of great players, I have been very impressed with a lot of the EU players that have come to the US servers. I’m inclined to say that US has more high quality players, but this would be obviously biased because I’m sure there are very good EU players that haven’t come to the US servers yet. I do think that a player like Pizza is very unique, and I seriously doubt there is anyone from EU on his level. If a US vs EU mirror premade were to happen, I think it would be one hell of a game.

Do you like Big Bang Theory? Penny or Bernadette?

I actually had to google “Big Bang Theory” to figure out what it is. I’m familiar with the scientific terminology and have heard others mention it in a way that I was able to understand they were talking about something other than the scientific theory, but never completely understood that it was a TV show until now. Keep this in mind when I answer the follow-up question.

Bernadette, without a doubt. In my opinion it’s a fancy name, whereas Penny is quite possibly one of the most ugliest names, alongside Brittanie. Even worse is the fact that a penny is the least valuable form of US currency. I feel bad for anyone whose awful parents decide to name them “Penny”.

Lifetime stat question: how many times you been hit offline?

Twice. The first time was by someone from F2Ps that I had been in a skype call with earlier that day. I know it was them because they literally whispered me in-game that they were going to DDOS me and sure enough, within a minute later, my MS spiked up to 10,000+. And WoW and my internet browsers wouldn’t load. Lol.

The second time was during the Twink Cup. I’m not completely sure if it was a DDOS, but the experience was very similar to the first one, except I was not offline quite as long. It was no longer than a minute at most. I believe it was when we were playing <Against the World>. It was at possibly the most insignificant time during the game and as an Arcane Mage it wasn’t too much of a big deal.

I was a little confused as to how this happened because I was proxied, and had changed my IP address. I must have clicked an IP logger or something.

Were you affected by the mass trend of DDOS within the community?

My initial reaction was to answer “No.”. But then I realized that because Pizza was knocked offline almost every game, it severely gimped my team during the Twink Cup last year and I firmly believe that we would have been the only winners of the tournament had DDOSing not played a factor. Our leader not being online hurts us for obvious reasons, but something people might not have initially considered was that because he was being constantly DDOSed, even when he wasn’t, we had to adapt our gameplay due to the chance of him being knocked offline at any given moment. It was a shitty position to be in, really. I don’t know about the other players on my team, but I felt pretty helpless. Pizza wasn’t able to change his IP address due to his internet provider so there wasn’t much we could do. I suppose that was probably a factor in why we played so defensive. Why make an aggressive push for EFC when our players are going to get knocked offline?

In the end, I was actually severely affected by DDOS. I had the glory of winning the Twink Cup taken away from me last year. Earlier in my twink career, I would watch all of the <Waw Tawent> videos and idolize those premades. I dreamed of one day playing for Pizza on a dominant team. The Twink Cup last year seemed like the perfect scenario but it was shattered by DDOSing.

Something else that I would like to add is that I have had an instance where someone that I had never spoken to before accused me of DDOSing. It turns out that they had mistaken me with Barbarous, a known DDOSer in the bracket. I was friends with Barbarous long before he started DDOSing. I’d just like to clarify that I have never DDOSed, and never will. I’d much rather lose a game fair and square than winning a game knowing that it was because of foul play. With that being said, I don’t think any players that have been in the bracket for a while and know who I am actually ever thought that I DDOS, although I will admit that I joke around about it a lot more than I should.

Where do you stand on NCWL (nineteens community wargaming league)

I think it’s a great idea. The hardest part would be getting enough players and teams involved so that it is actually a league. I’d definitely be down to play in it, but whether I do or not all comes down to when the seasons are. I only play WoW during the summer and about a month and a half for winter break during the months of December and January when I am on break from college. If I am able to commit to a full season then I would be more than happy to. If this is set up, it would be great for keeping the bracket active year round and would be a great addition to the 19 twink bracket. Conq really has been a great member of the community, introducing new projects like this, GG 19, etc.

List your top 10 twinks you see shine brighter then most!

Jrbigchief, Undercover, Pizza, Kancer, Hunnybuns, Grizzlefoot, Saxxon, Yowza, Arkant, and Zeiren. No specific order.

Flamer I'm almost dry on Q's. Your A's have been greatly appreciated!

Thanks for interviewing me! I loved answering these questions and I hope the readers enjoy my answers and getting to know me better!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread