Made some badges. oh look a cookie!

SPQR

Legend
Hello.
Had time and will to do some slave work on my personal initiative and would like to share the results.

Disclaimer: sorry for jpg. no one want some random 23mb png on their servers apparently.

BEM4FXf.jpg

https://uploadz.co/9f5motae72a3

Zip contains 27 300x300 badges.
Use it if you find this acceptable to your needs.
if there ever was any.

They look nice! 250k kills on one character for that badge?

Damn, I just broke 150k :(

100k kills badge by any chance? :D

They look nice! 250k kills on one character for that badge?

Damn, I just broke 150k :(

100k kills badge by any chance? :D

Yea could be made in some way or another. or use current one for 100k and slap a golden drake or something cool on 250k
anyways it should be character specific imo (if it picks up) as i would imagine majority already 250k + acc wide.
On the other hand more badges = more special snowflakes and that is always cool.

nothing is 100% set in stone and everything is up to feedbaxx from folks.

I`m afraid that they do not fit our current, rather simplistic style at all. If we were to make use of them, we`d have to do a complete rework, which is not something that`s on our agenda right now. Doesn`t mean that it`s unheard of, far from it, but if I were to guess, we`ll stick to our guns for the time being.

Your efforts however are appreciated. <3

I`m afraid that they do not fit our current, rather simplistic style at all. If we were to make use of them, we`d have to do a complete rework, which is not something that`s on our agenda right now. Doesn`t mean that it`s unheard of, far from it, but if I were to guess, we`ll stick to our guns for the time being.

Your efforts however are appreciated. <3
Hmm thought one could just upload those for every subgroup somewhat like avatars.
But cant say i know xenforo from inside.
Oh well. was fun while it lasted.

anyways it should be character specific imo (if it picks up) as i would imagine majority already 250k + acc wide.
I believe this is a bad idea giving badges to players who sticked their entire life on one single twink playing it over and over and over again, its just sad really if you did that and compared to alt makers it is just not fair. Badges for HK's is a bad idea in general anyway. Speaking as a person with over 1m HK's from twinking on 100s of twinks.

Noone is going to beat my 1M from twinking anyway, now make me a special snowflake on this site already!

any update on this? been 2 years and i still don't like existing look of badges.
Anything in plans regarding this at all?

Not implying to use provided in this thread

Back when I was doing an overhaul of the badges I had this thread in mind and wanted to try them out; unfortunately, the link is no longer live.

Though, I do believe Selaya's post is correct with regard to them not fitting the current theme of the website. It's hard to sway away from the silver/gold simplistic look that we have for badges currently. There was plans to update to XF2 and/or possibly changing the theme of the website when Ripduk came on board but that's not a priority at the moment. I'd definitely like to explore alternatives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tournament dragon (elite) borders should go around the profile pic if possibru

Back when I was doing an overhaul of the badges I had this thread in mind and wanted to try them out; unfortunately, the link is no longer live.

Though, I do believe Selaya's post is correct with regard to them not fitting the current theme of the website. It's hard to sway away from the silver/gold simplistic look that we have for badges currently. There was plans to update to XF2 and/or possibly changing the theme of the website when Ripduk came on board but that's not a priority at the moment. I'd definitely like to explore alternatives.
The forum style not an issue imo. it is classical at this point.
Had icons laying around still so here is the project if someone interested in some parts of it.

Would be nice if someone comes up with something oneday and badges get facial makeover.

Attachments

• Main2.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 215
The forum style not an issue imo. it is classical at this point.
Had icons laying around still so here is the project if someone interested in some parts of it.

Would be nice if someone comes up with something oneday and badges get facial makeover.
Selaya made a majority of the badges that we use at the moment. Some of the newer badges were created by myself using transparent images and changing the background color, while a few unique badges such as tournament trophies were designed by Embu. This proves to be the most reliable and efficient method rather than outsourcing for an entire overhaul of the badges. Not to mention any upkeep or additions that would be needed, since we implement badges quite frequently due to tournaments and what not.

Users who are viewing this thread