EU+US Looking to start a healer for PvP...

Lebowski

Legend
I have no problem saying it... I want to level and gear the strongest/most OP healing spec as possible in the 20-29 bracket for a F2P healer. I understand that the bracket will always be littered with whichever DPS spec(s) are most powerful, which is why I'd like to do my part in at least bringing something to the table for my team other than another FoTM spec by offering heals.

So, what's the consensus on PvP healing in this bracket? I figure now is a good time to ask because 7.1 just came out there were some buffs/nerfs dealt to everyone, so I can hit the ground running and get to work. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, btw.

I think Disc priest is the strongest but personally I've played Hpal, Rdruid, and Rsham and they are all pretty decent.

As usual, if you don't have access to a plate helm then Hpal is out. If you are ok with Ally then Rdruid or Rsham with an eyepatch works, otherwise Disc priest :D

I own all the plate healing heirlooms, in addition to all the other cloth/leather/mail healing heirlooms and caster weapons.

Also, beside the point, but I still am curious because I keep seeing this come up for some reason... I don't get why people keep saying this bit about not having access to plate heirloom helm and why it matters... The 5% armor bonus doesn't apply until level 50, so what difference would it make if you had all the plate healing gear, except the helm, and instead used the mail caster helm? Are people really that worried about like 4 defense or whatever it would amount to?

I own all the plate healing heirlooms, in addition to all the other cloth/leather/mail healing heirlooms and caster weapons.

Also, beside the point, but I still am curious because I keep seeing this come up for some reason... I don't get why people keep saying this bit about not having access to plate heirloom helm and why it matters... The 5% armor bonus doesn't apply until level 50, so what difference would it make if you had all the plate healing gear, except the helm, and instead used the mail caster helm? Are people really that worried about like 4 defense or whatever it would amount to?

You gain 5% stats for wearing the correct armor type in all slots, which starts at level 10 once you can enter iPvP.

Some people were doing different gear checks, and noticed they lost stats when using non-primary armor. I noticed this as well. On my rogue, i was running Tuxedo Pants and Gnomish Rocket Boots for Max Ilvl (both cloth items). I switched them out and noticed that I gained stats from wearing leather in iPVP.

There are no caster plate for wrist, feet, or waist slots rewards from dungeons for F2P players anyway, so, again, why is a plate helm so important? It doesn't seem possible to fill out all slots with intellect plate no matter what you do...

There are no caster plate for wrist, feet, or waist slots rewards from dungeons for F2P players anyway, so, again, why is a plate helm so important? It doesn't seem possible to fill out all slots with intellect plate no matter what you do...

Whether or not the plate piece has int or not is unimportant in iPVP, all that matters is that it is plate. You should be able to do some low level quests for lowbie plate pieces.

Wait, so Str, Agi, and Int on gear literally doesn't help or hurt at all in PvP anymore? AKA a Holy Pally would/could/should wear all Ret gear and then just a caster shield/weapon? What the hell, now I'm confused, lol.

Wait, so Str, Agi, and Int on gear literally doesn't help or hurt at all in PvP anymore? AKA a Holy Pally would/could/should wear all Ret gear and then just a caster shield/weapon? What the hell, now I'm confused, lol.
Yep. Armor type and iLvl is all that matters. I've been working on a white/grey armor set for some of my characters just because It would be fun, less limitations on transmog :)

Just to be clear then — Literally right after hitting level 20, just make sure all gear in your slots is the proper armor type for your class and then seek out the highest item level per equipment piece?

Also, how do weapons, shields, and off-hands work then if stat attributes make zero difference?

Just to be clear then — Literally right after hitting level 20, just make sure all gear in your slots is the proper armor type for your class and then seek out the highest item level per equipment piece?

Also, how do weapons, shields, and off-hands work then if stat attributes make zero difference?

Yes, just make sure its your armor type and then get the highest item level possible (with that armor type).

As far as weapons go, Priests get access to wands which for whatever reason counts as a 2h so it gives more stats then anything else, so make sure you use a wand. Melee classes that don't have normalized attacks benefit more from a slow speed weapon.

Hpala for most skill cap & disco priest for most dance.

Hpala for most skill cap & disco priest for most dance.

What causes it to have a high skill cap? Is it better than disc if both are played by skilled people?

What causes it to have a high skill cap? Is it better than disc if both are played by skilled people?
Holy pally won't be able to outheal a disc I think, but a holy pally can still heal another target while the pally is being focused through beacon of light

What causes it to have a high skill cap?
In midfights you have to plan who will need beacon of light while focusing on 1-2 target/s you healing.
Beacon is not priests bubble which you can throw and forget. it requires constant attention to be to most use.
clever usage of defensive cooldown (divine shield) also boosts skill cap.

Is it better than disc if both are played by skilled people?
"Being better than" and "having higher skill cap" is not necessarily same thing.
Priests are stronger than hpalas healing wise.
Holy paladins have a bigger room to play in for skilled player.

Users who are viewing this thread