EU+US Level 109 class choice

Wtf is this thread XD

Wtf is this thread XD
I made the thread to see what classes are viable for level 109 twinking I mainly twink for wpvp at high level like this so which ones do well outside of bgs is my main question

I have a 109 disc priest twink. Some ilvl infos....

BG's scale to ilvl 780. if you get even a single point above 780, you will notice a stat increase.
BG's reward 780 gear than can upgrade to a blue ilvl 790.
Green quest rewards are 780 that can proc epic 800's.
Blue quest rewards are 793 than can proc epic 803's.
WOD mythic boa trinks are 805.

109 boe epics are ilvl 810.

101 boe epics go all the way up to 850.

I bought a boe for every slot useable by a priest and the 850 dalaran ring (250k gold)
850 waist (cost me 100k :<)
845 ring
835 head
835 hands
835 shoulder
810 trink (I have the 805 boa trink as well)
810 cloak

Some of those pieces have leech (I have 10% total leech) and the cloak has a socket.

Anyways, I haven't touched any quests yet (since they scale to 109, u can't use them to level) and I'm already 810. After questing I'll probably be 820 I guess. Maybe BIS would be 830 ish if you had all 850 boes.

edit; Here's the pros/cons of twinking at 109 verse 99;
Pros;
-You can spend your order resources on +165 art power missions from your class hall
-Faster BG queues
-You can actually queue random dungeons to receive +35 art power
-You can kill mobs in surmar and receive loot from them...not sure about the implications of this yet.

Cons;
-Can only get a max of 5%(?) increase in stats in instanced pvp whereas 99's can get up to 16%
-99's will always be more OP in world pve due to secondary scaling.

Last edited:
I haven't looked into 109 but at 101 you need 2 of the ilvl 800 quest rewards from the end of zones and there's 6 opportunities for relics to proc epic (+10 ilvls). 9 of the BiS items are BoE and the remaining 3 you'll need to get from WoD content.

I haven't looked into 109 but at 101 you need 2 of the ilvl 800 quest rewards from the end of zones and there's 6 opportunities for relics to proc epic (+10 ilvls). 9 of the BiS items are BoE and the remaining 3 you'll need to get from WoD content.
can you equip 2 BoE trinkets though just for the ilvl? it wont be good for PvE cos of wrong primary stat but it should be usable in PvP

90-99 battlegrounds (at least in EU) have a 10-20 min wait time during weekdays and don't pop at all before 12 o'clock.
So if there is a reason to roll 109 instead of 99 it's the queue times that are sometimes instant during peak hours.

edit: spoke too soon, they do pop, but the wait time is rly long

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread