EU+US Level 102

On level 102 you lose about 10% in all secondary stats compared to 101.

Here are screenshots of my priest
z8q3a.jpg

10364xy.jpg

You actually didn't lose a ton of Secondaries on that Priest, however I wonder if Spell Coefficients aren't also effected.
You have to remember these things are often synergistic (1+1+1=7). Take Shaman for an example (I don't know it well as I am playing my first ever shaman now and have only played him for a couple of days...of course, he is a twink). For Shaman, mastery increases stormbringer and windfury procs and makes you hit harder. Haste speeds up your autoattacks which also gives you more stormbringer and windfury procs, and makes you generate more maelstrom which allows you to hit more special abilities when you don't have procs. It also decreases the cooldown on stormstrike, boulderfist,crashlightning, and flametongue so you can hit them more often. Boulderfist raises your crit, so if your crit is already high, you will crit constantly, leading to insane damage on your stormstrikes which you will be hitting all the time because of stormnringer procs and the lowered cooldown and the higher maelstrom regen, and the fact that having that many stormbringer procs allows you to get the tempest talent instead of overcharge meaning that you will sometimes be hitting stormstrike 5,6,7 times or more in a row. In my case, my shaman also has over 30% leech, so I can gather 15 elite mobs and hit crash lightning and stormstrike over and over and my health bar doesn't even flinch.

The biggest "problem" going to 102 for me is that legion mobs all increase to 102 as well, gaining like 50% health.

So for soloing dungeons and whatnot, it just takes that much longer. WoD and below probably got easier tho.

The only real reason someone would go 102 over 101 is if they chose the wrong artifact weapon.
Even then I would reroll. The 50% hp/dmg increase + the 5% stats loose to way to big.

Mine is 102 [826ilvl pve/812ilvl instanced pvp], mainly ele. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/spirestone/Wideformat/simple

I tend to have about 1.25million hp in bgs which does help vs 850k for non geared. But that's about the only benefit the extra gear gives in bgs. People in 710 pvp gear are doing same dps as me.

[The following depends on spec...]
PVE Dps - I am only doing about 550-600k on bosses. AOE is 400-500k (no cds) and burst aoe (stormkeeper+lucky overloads) is about 1.2-2.2mil dps but not sustainable.

I am not sure what dps 101's eles are doing, but i'm also not sure how much better they could be as often i am over 100% mastery(anything over is waste), and when bursting on bosses my haste is so high the global cd is higher than my cast time. so that's about max. Versatility varies but i can see the biggest difference being here maybe?

I went 102 in hopes of defraudulating gms to get the delevel with all artifacts but. Nigga got got. So now im making due with the L. And in all honesty, the mobs arent any harder to kill whatsoever. Yeah they have more hp ect, but lezbihonest. 300k+ dps melts that shit anyway i still kill all nelth bosses in first phase solo and can survive massive trash pulls no problem. On top of that, i am 1 lvl higher so those 110s cant avoid my damage as often making world pvp a breeze. I can fight 110s with an average of 2.4m hp and still spank that ass as an unholy dk. As for the negatives... i lost like 6-7% stats which i dont see any change in dps. And i get all my artis so i really cant complain. But imo, there are only certain classes i see going 102 actually having any viability. Dks, Dhs, and Priests. Least amount of stat loss overall. Dhs get another talent which makes things nice. Priests just dont lose hardly anything and get all their artifacts. Dks fair very well with the loss of stats and also gain the potential of all specs.

Users who are viewing this thread