US Level 100 Twinking?

Smash

Grandfathered
Before I start, I should say that:
1. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this topic before, but I couldn't find anything on it.
2. This might not be new information or a surprise to anyone, but in general I haven't seen anyone taking advantage of it yet nor mentioning it as a possibility. I'm not that active on this forum nor in the game itself due to life commitments, which is also why I like twinking because once you have BIS you're set! (at least until the next expansion!)

OK so here goes:

Recently I tried entering a random bg on my lvl 100 lock, and noticed that all the others there were also lvl 100, so it seems that Blizzard have kept lvl 100's separate from the 101-110 bracket. Also:

(i) I noticed that my warlords season 3 pvp gear wasn't taking on its pvp item level of 740, and instead stayed at whatever pve item level it had (e.g. 710). This meant that increasing the equipped "pve" item level was the only thing contributing to an increase in stats inside the bg.

(ii) I was able to get my artifact weapon (ilvl 750) and start collecting artifact power, even at level 100. I just made sure to turn XP off first.

(iii) I have my legendary ring which is helping keep the ilvl up as well. Does anyone know if it can still be upgraded through drops from normal+ Archimonde?

Given all of the above, I suspect that Level 100 Twinking should be a thing? Right? Or am I missing something?

if it's true that 100 has its own bracket the only advantage to 99 i can think of is the higher ilvl artifact runes and quest rewards, but even then you have the disadvantage of pretty much every 100 having his artifact by then, whereas at 99 you're pretty much the only one with arti

other disadvantages include 70%+ of the players would've mained 100 before legion so the ilvl difference will be minimal compared to 90-99 bracket

It wont be as good as 101 at all but it is doable

What is the advantage of 101 twinking over 110 "twinking"? Yes you can equip ilvl 850+ gear at lvl 101 but if your average ilvl is the only thing used to determine your bg / arena stats, with no item scaling, then surely 110 will be able to reach ilvl 895+ in due time, making it much better?

What is the advantage of 101 twinking over 110 "twinking"? Yes you can equip ilvl 850+ gear at lvl 101 but if your average ilvl is the only thing used to determine your bg / arena stats, with no item scaling, then surely 110 will be able to reach ilvl 895+ in due time, making it much better?
101s can reach almost as high as 110s and they get huge stat scaling advantages in wpvp

if it's true that 100 has its own bracket the only advantage to 99 i can think of is the higher ilvl artifact runes and quest rewards, but even then you have the disadvantage of pretty much every 100 having his artifact by then, whereas at 99 you're pretty much the only one with arti

other disadvantages include 70%+ of the players would've mained 100 before legion so the ilvl difference will be minimal compared to 90-99 bracket

I haven't tried 99 twinking and definitely with access to artifact weapons I imagine it would make for a very enjoyable experience, and I heard (although never seen) that the new legion boe's are available from lvl 98 onwards, so if that holds true then yes it would be amazing to try out if you manage to find all the bis gear needed (and have very deep pockets).

some people twink for bgs, some for pve, some for a bit of both, some like to add world pvp to the list. the stats from BoEs at level 101 might give you 50% crit/haste/etc while the same stats at 110 or even 109 might give you about 10%. this is xpoff.com not xpoffbgs.com so dont assume everyone twinks for bgs

some people twink for bgs, some for pve, some for a bit of both, some like to add world pvp to the list. the stats from BoEs at level 101 might give you 50% crit/haste/etc while the same stats at 110 or even 109 might give you about 10%. this is xpoff.com not xpoffbgs.com so dont assume everyone twinks for bgs

Good point... You're right I'm very bg focused and that's not the only use of twinking... I know another use is farming herbs and mining nodes in the four Legion zones that scale to your level... And to a lesser extent in suramar itself

Some quick reasons why I don't think 100s would take off.

1. The average ilvl of the bracket for 100s is ilvl 740, which is higher then what it would be for 99s. If you are using Legion BoEs then you will get more out of them at 99 in BGs then you would at 100.

2. Legendary ring is pointless in BGs outside of ilvl, you can get BoE legion rings that are comparative, if not better depending on where you left off with the ring. Point being the ring isn't that much of an advantage to make the bracket more appealing.

3. The biggest factor in battleground pvp for 99s, 100s, and 101-109s will be your legendary artifact. No one leveling through, even at 109 will have anywhere close to a rank 25 artifact, and that alone will let you curbstomp many, many people in pvp. ilvl advantage while nice, is not important in comparison.

4. That being said Max level characters generate item level 101 BoEs. From a gear standpoint it will be easiest to gear 101s in the long run. 99s and 100s have already been, and will continue to dry up, but 101s will have gear to pick through that will get progressively cheaper as people don't need it. It will be significantly harder over time to gear up 99s and 100s in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread