EU+US Level 1 Gear Compendium

Well...then you're gonna have to do a little more reading :) I had not remembered to update that list since 5.4

I've included a link in the OP to a Google Doc with an edited list of enchants available to us now. It's still a lot of information to disseminate, but the hard part of sorting through and weeding out duplicates is done.

I hope it helps...if you have any questions, just ask

Well...then you're gonna have to do a little more reading :) I had not remembered to update that list since 5.4

I've included a link in the OP to a Google Doc with an edited list of enchants available to us now. It's still a lot of information to disseminate, but the hard part of sorting through and weeding out duplicates is done.

I hope it helps...if you have any questions, just ask

Hi i went to look at the link u said u put and when i clicked it said "something about access denied" anyway around this? Thanks

Well...that's because I'm an idiot and forgot to make the new file public. Fixed now!

Hey!

(at first I'm gonna tag some people with great knowledge so I'm sure my question will be answered >.< [MENTION=990]Chubtohd[/MENTION] [MENTION=8058]BoudThe1Twink[/MENTION] )

I'm looking for the best enchant combo for soloing at my rogue. I can't seem to find a good balance between hit and avoidance... I'm using 8hit on bracers and 7 hit on boots (surefooted is impossible to get at my serv ;/ ) and mix of stamina and agility on other pieces. I'm sitting at ~55% hit chance, 62% dodge and 1003 health without pouch.

What is best enchant combo soloing wise?

Well...like most things, I don't think there's a flat answer...but I'll give my opinion :)

Ideally the model I use looks like this: Stamina till you're comfortable > Hit = Expertise > Haste > Crit > everything else.

My thinking is that it's my weapon procs that kill the mob, so I need enough stamina to stay alive long enough for that to happen > I need hit / exp so my weapon can proc > I need haste so it can proc more > how much dmg it does when it procs

Ultimately, it depends on what level of mobs I'm fighting that determines what I roll with.

Usually, my gear looks like this:

Shoulder: inscription of the blade (crit / ap)
Back: speed
Chest: stamina
Wrist: expertise
Hands: expertise
Legs: scorched (ap / crit)
Feet: boar's speed (sta / speed)
Weapon: EF
Weapon: Titanium Weapon

Well...like most things, I don't think there's a flat answer...but I'll give my opinion :)

Ideally the model I use looks like this: Stamina till you're comfortable > Hit = Expertise > Haste > Crit > everything else.

My thinking is that it's my weapon procs that kill the mob, so I need enough stamina to stay alive long enough for that to happen > I need hit / exp so my weapon can proc > I need haste so it can proc more > how much dmg it does when it procs

Ultimately, it depends on what level of mobs I'm fighting that determines what I roll with.

Usually, my gear looks like this:

Shoulder: inscription of the blade (crit / ap)
Back: speed
Chest: stamina
Wrist: expertise
Hands: expertise
Legs: scorched (ap / crit)
Feet: boar's speed (sta / speed)
Weapon: EF
Weapon: Titanium Weapon

I think that I don't get the reasoning behind that build, so I'd love if you could get some things clear for me:

1. I think that using Titanium Weapon Chain for 21 hit is a disasterous waste for a weapon slot where you could put for example colossus. Also, why do you roll with so much expertise? I never used any enchant with it so I honestly don't see it's benefits over for example hit rating or haste.

Could you clear that for me? My mind is still in pre 5.4 era >.<

basically ...it's a math issue

because I usually solo in level 30-40 zones, i need a enough hit (titanium) to roll a hit on them. I then need enough expertise (2 enchants) to push dodge and parry off the table so I can get weapon procs. The stamina I have in that kit is enough to take a few hits of a mob and I have enough haste usually to burn them down before my damage reduction tricks run out.

If I'm in a lower level zone or a higher level zone, I typically drop the stamina all together since high levels 1 shot even heavy stamina builds and low levels don't need as much. I'll then go dual EF weapons and load up on haste where I can and crit everywhere else. At that point, I use my throw ability almost exclusively and while you need some hit you don't need expertise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw on the PTR that my 8 hit 8 crit boot enchant is now 8haste 8crit

I'm guessing all the enchants with hit will be converted

Long time TI lurker here. I'm working on a stam twink, Dwarf Warrior.

SInce all BoA stuff seems to have lost stats at level 1, is it still BiS (because of how much armor it gives)?
And in the google doc for enchants, are the values the scaled amounts, or the original enchant amount?

Trying to figure out what to put for maximum stamina. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: A quick look at the AH on a lvl 1 shows that most (if not all) enchants and item enhancements are scaled to provide 1 stat point. It can then be assumed that the multi-stat enchants are BiS (providing 1 of each).

Glove Reinforcements provide +2 stam.

Long time TI lurker here. I'm working on a stam twink, Dwarf Warrior.

SInce all BoA stuff seems to have lost stats at level 1, is it still BiS (because of how much armor it gives)?
And in the google doc for enchants, are the values the scaled amounts, or the original enchant amount?

Trying to figure out what to put for maximum stamina. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: A quick look at the AH on a lvl 1 shows that most (if not all) enchants and item enhancements are scaled to provide 1 stat point. It can then be assumed that the multi-stat enchants are BiS (providing 1 of each).

Glove Reinforcements provide +2 stam.

Ouch, that's some bad news.
[MENTION=8058]BoudThe1Twink[/MENTION] [MENTION=990]Chubtohd[/MENTION] [MENTION=20396]VibeckaWeb[/MENTION] [MENTION=20489]Royanz[/MENTION] @shorty and [MENTION=4024]ImmahBon[/MENTION] are the best 1s I've met. Tagged them (every TI name I remembered), please help this guy :)

Ouch, that's some bad news.
BoudThe1Twink Chubtohd VibeckaWeb Royanz @shorty and ImmahBon are the best 1s I've met. Tagged them (every TI name I remembered), please help this guy :)

Because of the armor on them, most of the armor BoAs are still BiS..there's some leather quest gear that gives 1 more armor atm...the weapons are still BiS cause of the dmg and some have bonus stats still.

I'll update the list after WoD drops...seems silly to do any work on it now as changes / items will continue to be instituted

As for enchants, the google doc is still the best resource, but some of them need to be changed...again after WoD drops

Right now, level 1 twinking PVE is dead and PVP is only for low levels...maybe something will change in 6.1

I'd be happy to help in any way, you and many others have been a constant source of inspiration and motivation for my love of lvl 1 twinking.

if you want, i can add your enchant link to the first post (all credit to you of course) ... I wish you could tag someone in a guide post to help with updating, that would be a cool feature

or...you can make a WoD specific one and get it stickied and just copy anything from mine that's relevant

completely up to you! thanks for wanting to add to the community

I'll defer to your greater knowledge and experience; we can put my doc into your guide, and then I'll update it after WoD launches and we get more info.

Ring enchants are restricted to enchanters (which level 1 cannot be currently). As for the neck, I'm fairly certain that there are no neck enchants; if there are, they're likely to fall under the same restrictions as rings (exclusive to enchanters). And in case you were wondering, the belt buckles from Blacksmithing can't be added to white/grey quality gear afaik.

Edit: clarity and grammar.

Ring enchants are restricted to enchanters (which level 1 cannot be currently). As for the neck, I'm fairly certain that there are no neck enchants; if there are, they're likely to fall under the same restrictions as rings (exclusive to enchanters). And in case you were wondering, the belt buckles from Blacksmithing can't be added to white/grey quality gear afaik.

Edit: clarity and grammar.
Maybe despiler doesn't know of the new Neck, Cloak, and Ring enchants, to which, I'm sure, Crystalpall is referring. As to answering the question of can these enchants be put on a white ring, I don't know.

I'm kinda stuck on the idea of a lvl1 twink. What do ya do? Hang out in GS all day dueling non-loomed lowbies? Sorry if it seems a dumb question.

You're correct, I didn't know of any new enchants. Could you link somewhere that I can read about them, and I can do the testing to see if they work on those slots? :) Better me wasting the gold to test than you guys, right?

Having seen the enchants, I can safely say that Haste will be BiS (unless you hit the soft cap, which I don't think is possible on Level 1 anymore, since it's only 1 haste per enchanted piece, excepting weapon enchants/counterweights).

As for what to do, there's still actually quite a lot you can do, and the more we get nerfed, the more challenge and prestige certain tasks carry.

For PvP: You can duel other lvl 1 twinks, participate in FFA in Gurubashi, or go lowbie-hunting in Goldshire/Crossroads/wherever. If you can get enough of a community on your server(or join an existing one), you can create your own custom Arenas in Gurubashi.
For PvE: Since most of the 'raid' type enemies are too powerful now because of the nerfs to our stats and the level scaling for buffs, there's still achievement hunting/gear hunting.

Generally, the biggest/most fun initial things to do PvE-wise is to get your Furbolg Medicine Pouch and Arena Grandmaster Trinkets. After that, you can try for Precious Ribbon in ICC, xmog stuff in SoO, or going after prestige titles like The Diplomat, or the 250,000 HKs.

I'm building a stam twink for the sole purpose of exploring and getting all of that cool stuff. Plus, people are always intrigued at seeing a level 1 in places they're not supposed to be, and that's always a fun conversation.

Can we enchant our white rings / DPR with ring enchants? And can we enchant Voice Amplification Modulator with neck enchants?

Yes.

Tested the neck haste enchant with [Soap on a Rope], my mage now has 2 more haste.

Users who are viewing this thread