EU+US Legion world drop BoEs

Syrayeda

Legend
after reading the 98/99 legion info thread on legion BoEs, i decided to have a look at what they are like at 100-109. i narrowed the useful ones down to this list
http://www.wowhead.com/items/min-level:810/max-level:810?filter=166:3:195;7:1:1;0:0:0#items:0-2
wowhead shows all of them as ilvl 810 (some with duplicate entries in the list with different bonus values). there are 27 different items and will not be able to fill all slots. if you click into the item page itself, there are different item versions with higher ilvl. however, it does not show what the items are like at different levels. there are also ilvl 680 green BoEs which are not very useful for twinking.

i looked at some of the available items on AH, i found these (just take note of the item levels and level requirements)
Sh0mtgD.png

it looks like each item can have a normal version which scales based on level requirement (probably 98 to 109, even though i did not see any level 98 ones on the AH, the 98/99 legion info thread did have them) from ilvl 740? to 810; and it can proc +ilvls from 835 to 850 that only require level 101. i did not find any ilvl 815 to 830.

so that means level 101+ can obtain ilvl 850 BoEs in a few slots while level 100s have to settle for ilvl 753.

side observations:
0VEBdBU.png

- cloak of martayl oceanstrider can proc +ilvl with max level requirement (i did not see any +ilvl that requires level 101 so im not sure if its possible with this item).
- green ilvl 680 BoEs (e.g. vale walker's pendant) can proc +ilvl too. this one is ilvl 840 with max level requirement. im not sure if there are other possibilities that would be useful for twinking.
- just showing an item with leech and socket

As far as we know ALL of the new Epic World drops scale from 98-100, all of them. Also, all of them can proc a bonus iLvL, Tertiary Stats, Socket, Warforged, or all of the above (even at 98/99). Frankly Legion has been Live too short of time to determine that ONLY this level or that level has access to this iLvL or that. What we can determine already is what the static (non bonus proc'd) iLvL is for each Character Level. This is part of Blizzards doubling down on Compound RNG for Legion. It's literally going to take forever to get just the right set of BoE World Epics for your Twink Level, if you ever do.

For those who aren't aware, these World drops are determined the moment the Character loots it. So if it's a 104 that gets the loot the item is forever Level 104.

As far as we know ALL of the new Epic World drops scale from 98-100, all of them. Also, all of them can proc a bonus iLvL, Tertiary Stats, Socket, Warforged, or all of the above (even at 98/99). Frankly Legion has been Live too short of time to determine that ONLY this level or that level has access to this iLvL or that. What we can determine already is what the static (non bonus proc'd) iLvL is for each Character Level. This is part of Blizzards doubling down on Compound RNG for Legion. It's literally going to take forever to get just the right set of BoE World Epics for your Twink Level, if you ever do.

For those who aren't aware, these World drops are determined the moment the Character loots it. So if it's a 104 that gets the loot the item is forever Level 104.

I think there needs to be scheduled lvl 99 farming groups for dungeons for these items if the community grows

edit: or using groupfinder

Last edited by a moderator:
since the siver elite world monsters loot scales with your level, would it be a good idea to wait until lvel 109 to kill them? also does the class hall buff for extra upgrade chance factor into these mobs or is that only for non repeatable quest loots?
Sort of and no. The Rare drops that scale to your Level are of fairly low iLvL even AT 109. Hell 110 it's 785 if it doesn't proc Epic.

Do the world drops scale down to level 98?
98/99/100 are called "Scales with Level" and you will never be able to equip the 835+ on those Characters. Levels 101-109 "Scale with Level" if it drops ON that Character, at least now it does as it didn't used to be that way. The 101, 835+ Epics are drops for 110 Characters.

Users who are viewing this thread