EU+US Legion BiS

Plonker

Grandfathered
So wont be BiS bcus idk what im chatting but yeh, set for highest ilv possible for a feral druid at 60?

Here's my list of hypothetical BiS for a feral druid in BGs come Legion:
Helm - ilv 112 Hyper-Vision Goggles
Neck - ilv 93 Wind Dancer's Pendant*
Shoulders - ilv 93 Wild Shoulderpads
Back - ilv 93 Windtalker's Cloak*
Chest - ilv 93 Omenai Vest**
Wrists - ilv 93 Demonslayer's Wristguards***
Hands - ilv 90 Dreghood Gloves // (cloth) ilv 96 Feralfen Mystic's Handwraps****
Waist - ilv 102 Feralfen Skulker's Belt**** // (cloth) ilv 109 Nigh-Invulnerability Belt
Legs - ilv 93 Leggings of Telhamat**
Feet - ilv 112 Rocket Boots Xtreme
Finger - ilv 93 Sedai's Ring // ilv 93 Amaan's Signet***
Trinket - ilv 125 Assassin's Alchemist Stone // ilv 93 Charm of Alacrity
Weapon - ilv 90 Frenzied Staff

*: From the same quest: quest
**: From the same quest: quest
***: From the same quest: quest
****: From the same quest: quest

How does it look?? No idea how much of a big deal wearing cloth instead of leather will be... Any big upgrades I'm missing? Feedback is appreciated, I'm really not sure how PvP stats will scale in legion but I was told it's based solely on iLv and your spec and nothing else.

Thanks for feedback ^^

Last edited:
Legion's new Transmog system does NOT give you an item automatically in your bags, it's puts a "skin" of said item in a new UI when 7.0 hits, therefore anything you expect to gain from Questing (you can still only pick ONE reward) you will still have to go out and complete said Quest and obtain said item to equip it as Gear.

Battlegrounds come Legion will have a pre-determined iLvL/Stat Template per Bracket/Class. Blizz has said that the iLvL will be similar to what Heirlooms scale to at x9 of the bracket you play in. For every 1 average iLvL you gain over that new static Template, your Character will gain 0.1% Stats. That means it will take an average of 10 iLvLs to gain 1% Stats over what any other Player will have in the same Battleground Bracket, naked.

I will have to look into the specific Gear you list but from what we are expecting atm, pick w/e is the literal highest iLvL that a Level 60 can Equip and that's your list. They haven't said whether or not mixing Armor types will matter so I have no answer there.

EDIT: Just a VERY quick eyeball of Wowhead's Zone Quest filter showing Zangarmarsh (as example) shows me your list is quite low in iLvL and there's a good amount higher you can achieve.

Legion's new Transmog system does NOT give you an item automatically in your bags, it's puts a "skin" of said item in a new UI when 7.0 hits, therefore anything you expect to gain from Questing (you can still only pick ONE reward) you will still have to go out and complete said Quest and obtain said item to equip it as Gear.

Battlegrounds come Legion will have a pre-determined iLvL/Stat Template per Bracket/Class. Blizz has said that the iLvL will be similar to what Heirlooms scale to at x9 of the bracket you play in. For every 1 average iLvL you gain over that new static Template, your Character will gain 0.1% Stats. That means it will take an average of 10 iLvLs to gain 1% Stats over what any other Player will have in the same Battleground Bracket, naked.

I will have to look into the specific Gear you list but from what we are expecting atm, pick w/e is the literal highest iLvL that a Level 60 can Equip and that's your list. They haven't said whether or not mixing Armor types will matter so I have no answer there.

Thank you for the information - damn that's annoying about the questing as there are a few quests which give 2-3 high iLv pieces

Hit up Wowhead, filter by Zone (pick TBC Zones) and look for Quest rewards that you can get from a max of a Level 60 Quest, I'm seeing 103 iLvL for several slots, and that was just a very quick check. Also look into the TBC Dungeons that you can physically enter and check the Gear Level requirements, also don't forget Satchel Gear, it should be at least equivalent to Looms at 60 in iLvL. Lastly if you just cannot find an item that's of a higher iLvL than what Looms scale to at 69, then you're stuck with those in that particular slot.... One last thing, look into oddball White items like us in the 10-29 Brackets are. You'd be surprised at how many unusual items have super high iLvL, just no Stats.

EDIT: >>Forgot about Rep, check Faction QM's too, many only have a Rep requirement and no Level.<< Forget this, it seems Blizz tacked a Level 70 requirement on most/all TBC Faction QM Gear at some point in the past. It's been a long damn time since I leveled my main there (back when TBC was current) and there USED to be Gear at the level range of the Zone, seems no more.

Last edited:
Hit up Wowhead, filter by Zone (pick TBC Zones) and look for Quest rewards that you can get from a max of a Level 60 Quest, I'm seeing 103 iLvL for several slots, and that was just a very quick check. Also look into the TBC Dungeons that you can physically enter and check the Gear Level requirements, also don't forget Satchel Gear, it should be at least equivalent to Looms at 60 in iLvL. Lastly if you just cannot find an item that's of a higher iLvL than what Looms scale to at 69, then you're stuck with those in that particular slot.... One last thing, look into oddball White items like us in the 10-29 Brackets are. You'd be surprised at how many unusual items have super high iLvL, just no Stats.

Yeah I've been using Wowhead, and at 60 looms are 85 and BoE gear is 90 so I don't think looms should be used at all, idk how it will work in BGs tho...

Battlegrounds come Legion will have a pre-determined iLvL/Stat Template per Bracket/Class. Blizz has said that the iLvL will be similar to what Heirlooms scale to at x9 of the bracket you play in.

Yeah I've been using Wowhead, and at 60 looms are 85 and BoE gear is 90 so I don't think looms should be used at all, idk how it will work in BGs tho...
^

x9 means Level 69 in your particular case as you are in the 60-69 Bracket for BG's. What Looms scale to at 69 is what you need to concern yourself with trying to obtain higher than.

Oh right, in that case looms are gonna be BiS in nearly all slots because 69 looms are 143... That seems very stupid to do it that way, surely people in higher ends of brackets are gonna have massive advantages of gear? that's like 2/3rds more item level

Even more than you think in certain Brackets. Blizz is removing the WoD (3) limit from 91-99's meaning those of us who Twink 99's will be able to equip a full set of 715's with 705 Weapons for ~714 iLvL (vs 600 Template). But wait it gets worse, there are already items on Wowhead's DB with iLvL 800 (Legion BoE drops) that have a Level requirement of 98, meaning for those slots a 98-99 will have +200 iLvL over 95% of that brackets' population. 109's are looking to be even more devastating, especially with the new Artifact weapons. ;)

Even more than you think in certain Brackets. Blizz is removing the WoD (3) limit from 91-99's meaning those of us who Twink 99's will be able to equip a full set of 715's with 705 Weapons for ~714 iLvL (vs 600 Template). But wait it gets worse, there are already items on Wowhead's DB with iLvL 800 (Legion BoE drops) that have a Level requirement of 98, meaning for those slots a 98-99 will have +200 iLvL over 95% of that brackets' population. 109's are looking to be even more devastating, especially with the new Artifact weapons. ;)

That's fine tho, IMO, because the bracket is mostly 99s and a few 91s, whereas 60-69 is nearly all 60s with very few 69s. For you it's an advantage for us it's a disadvantage you know? Like I said I'm slow tho just chatting shite now tbh haha

Garrisons aren't being removed, only the Gold rewards are changing into Resources/Oil. The Ring Heirloom Missions will still pop once 7.0 hits in ~2mo.

And I should clarify, or reiterate, once 7.0 hits (Legion pre-patch) Battlegrounds will all have the new Template mechanic. You can enter any BG NAKED and it makes no difference (other than needing a Weapon to use Abilities), you will still have the same iLvL/Stat layout as someone wearing full Looms. The Heirloom scaling at x9 is only the rough iLvL Blizz is giving that Bracket, for ALL Players. It's only those who exceed that arbitrary iLvL that will see an advantage.

Garrisons aren't being removed, only the Gold rewards are changing into Resources/Oil. The Ring Heirloom Missions will still pop once 7.0 hits in ~2mo.

And I should clarify, or reiterate, once 7.0 hits (Legion pre-patch) Battlegrounds will all have the new Template mechanic. You can enter any BG NAKED and it makes no difference (other than needing a Weapon to use Abilities), you will still have the same iLvL/Stat layout as someone wearing full Looms. The Heirloom scaling at x9 is only the rough iLvL Blizz is giving that Bracket, for ALL Players. It's only those who exceed that arbitrary iLvL that will see an advantage.

Ah ok I get you now... Think only really gnomes will get an advantage at 60 then... And ok well at least I don't have to get those rings now ^^

Thanks for explaining it sorry for being so incompetent

For the 60-69 bracket, because gear scales to ilvl 143, 60s can wear whatever they want (no gear available to 60s reaches that ilvl, so everything will scale). 69s will be able to get maybe 20-30 average ilvls higher, so we're only talking a 2-3% difference for gear stats, same as most brackets.

For the 60-69 bracket, because gear scales to ilvl 143, 60s can wear whatever they want (no gear available to 60s reaches that ilvl, so everything will scale). 69s will be able to get maybe 20-30 average ilvls higher, so we're only talking a 2-3% difference for gear stats, same as most brackets.

I see, thanks. Gnomes can get engineering trinkets that go above 143 but that will hardly affect things at all.

Yeah, I ran some numbers for what I figured was BiS at 69. Here's what they look like:

Head - 183 (Mechanized Snow Goggles)
Neck - 151 Alliance, 146 Horde (Utgarde)
Shoulder - 155 (Nexus Quest)
Chest - Scaled to 143
Waist - Scaled to 143
Feet - 155 (Nexus)
Wrists - 155 (Utgarde Keep)
Hands - 155 (Nexus)
Ring 1 - 155 (Utgarde Quest)
Ring 2 - Scaled to 143
Trinket 1 - 200 (Gnomish Lightning Generator)
Trinket 2 - 167 (Sonic Booster)

Avg. for Alliance: 158.75 - 143 = 15.75 = 1.57% stat increase
Avg. for Horde: 158.33 - 143 = 15.33 = 1.53% stat increase

I don't know if this is necessarily how it's done--I don't know that trinkets are even included in this calculation, but it's my best guess. BiS is a lot of work for virtually no reward as far as I can tell. If trinkets don't count, drop another .5%, so we're looking at around a 1% advantage.

Avg. for Alliance: 158.75 - 143 = 15.75 = 1.57% stat increase
Avg. for Horde: 158.33 - 143 = 15.33 = 1.53% stat increase

I don't know if this is necessarily how it's done--I don't know that trinkets are even included in this calculation, but it's my best guess. BiS is a lot of work for virtually no reward as far as I can tell. If trinkets don't count, drop another .5%, so we're looking at around a 1% advantage.

You can up a few of those numbers based on the guide's findings (and doubling up on the Gnomish Lightning Generator since it isn't unique-equipped), but yeah, that would only bring the advantage up to around 2%.

Just to jump the link on Kirise's guide so you can see the numbers here too;
(Also, the bracket's iLvl threshold is 138 not 143)
the BiS increases for Templates come Legion are;
For a lvl 60 Gnome with Double Engi Trinkets you get an iLvl of 141.86, for a .387% increase in stats.
For a lvl 60 with Grandfathered Engi you get an iLvl of 149.26, for a 1.13% increase in stats.
For a lvl 69 with Engi without Fishing Pole, you get an iLvl of 160.6, for a 2.26% increase in stats.
For a lvl 69 with Engi and Fishing pole, you get an iLvl of 164.7, for a 2.67% increase in stats.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread