Is there a way to interact with Phased NPC's?

DeLindsay

10s4Lyf
I'm looking for a way to interact with an NPC that's phased. I know there USED to be a way to do this with a script back when Blizz was just toying with phasing in WotLK because Dun Niffelem used to bug out on the regular early on since that whole valley would phase. However, Blizz's phasing tech has gotten vastly superior to those days and I'm not sure if it would even work any more.

Before you ask, yes, I've tried Keybinding "Interact with Target", I've tried simple /tar name, I've gotten into a Party with the Leader that can see the NPC and then tried the above. I've tried to target the Leader's Target, etc. I've even tried targeting Player's Target from both Factions that I could tell they were interacting with the NPC and still nothing.

And to answer your other question, yes, I'm finally Friendly with The Nightfallen on my 99 Twink and am trying to access First Arcanist Thalyssra for the 800 iLvL Boots. No point in hiding that fact, as any other 98-99's that are already working on the Rep will want the answer too.

EDIT: Just submitted a Ticket under the Category "Loot drop problem" to see if I can get a GM to cheese it (and remove the 500g from that Toon, I'm not looking for free Boots lol). Hopefully the hamster wheels will turn just right and I'll get them soon.

Last edited:
With or without hacking?

with hacks?
Overwriting the MouseOverGUID with the one of the NPC and then hooking and calling a function may get the job done.

without hacks?
No clue...

The idea back then was to have a split second in between joining or leaving party with fazed person to see the ebonblade quartermaster.

It should also be noted that realms should be of different type.
For example if you are on pve u should join one on pvp.
It also depends on your internet connection.
First attempt to connect to specific realm is your best chance as it takes longest.

GM should be able to assist you if he is a blind fish.
Note that they seem to check your previous tickets more often this days.

I tried many things back in days. never gotten ebonblade tabard. Suspect info about it been leaked after the fix.

Update: First attempt to get a GM to cheese it failed. They went on about how it's a 110 only zone blah blah blah lol. I will let the Ticket sit for a day or two then respond with something clever in hopes to get a different GM that will get me the Boots, for 500g ofc.

Users who are viewing this thread