Invasion Info

Alright so here's how it seems to be after doing this the past 6 hours.
  • Invasions Spawn every 4 hours and seems to be PER Character.
  • The same Character CANNOT gain either the Small or the Large Chest from back-back, same Zone Invasions within the 4hr timer, even if it pops again without you using Cross Realm.
  • The same Character CAN continue to get Nethershards regardless of how you access Invasions.
  • It is entirely possible to get NOTHING in either Chest but Nethershards.
  • It is entirely possible to get 3 items in a single Chest, even a Small one.
  • While Wowhead says the Large Chest is how you get the Weapons, you can 100% get them from the Small Chest too.
  • RNJesus can suck a dick, I've looted the same damn Shoulders on my 10 Hunter like 6 times and the Belt something like 4 times. I've got the Gloves twice but only the crappier version, not the +Dmg to Demon ones.
  • Lag is either non existent or potato, there doesn't seem to be an in-between.
  • Low Level Twinks absolutely PWN the Invasion NPC's, but there are still 1-shot mechanics, even with super high Versa.
  • While in a hostile Zone (like Dun Morogh as Horde) all NPC's are Green to you and won't attack... that is until about 30 seconds after stage 4 is over, then you die in a fire.
  • There is no NPC to "Port" you to each Zone, so you will have to get yourself there.
  • You do NOT have to participate to get a Chest, at least for Stage 1, I cannot 100% verify that for later Stages.
  • Once the 4 hour timer spawns new Invasions for your Character, all Loot lockout is reset.
  • You can Transmog ONTO the Invasion Gear (wearing it) but cannot Transmog the Invasion Gear OVER something else, sub Level 98.
  • Level 10+ has full access to the Invasion Vendor(s), there's 2, except the Main City one which requires the Broken Shore Scenario to see.
  • The Felbat Pup that costs 150 Nethershards can be caged and sold, so stock up now for big money later.
  • The unique (5) Consumable that adds fire dmg to your attacks has an actual Game Time of 30 minutes then it goes poof from your bags.
  • Battle-Mender's Dressing: Unique (5) is a HoT and ticks for 232/sec on my 10 Hunter. These do not have an in Game duration.
I think that's about it, if I missed anything just ask and I'll add it, if I know the answer.

Last edited:
RNJesus can suck a dick, I've looted the same damn Shoulders on my 10 Hunter like 6 times and the Belt something like 4 times. I've got the Gloves twice but only the crappier version, not the +Dmg to Demon ones.

Don't think about it too much. what is crap now can ez change in to bis with time.
just get the set on as many chars you want and after try get bis stats.

• You do NOT have to participate to get a Chest, at least for Stage 1, I cannot 100% verify that for later Stages.
Can confirm, sat stealthed the entire time for one and the other just entered Westfall at the water and waited.

Watch your group invs, I'm pretty sure if you enter a group and that person is on stage 3 you get phased into stage 3 and miss the satchel at 2.

I'm having trouble repairing my gear. All the fel stuff and my chest actually... which is just a quest item.

I got all but the helm to repair by doing them one at a time.

I see we can't use the appearance till 98. Can we equip it however and mog it into another appearance? Just wondering given we can't use the appearance if there is something else that won't allow us to change it's appearance.
Yes you can equip the fel gear and mog it to something else but it's costly, 30g for the helm.

Also you need to repair all the time, don't let your items get red. My helm is gone and I cant repair, it's over 10g. (it says it's a lower cost but it's not)

For F2P's it's quite a hint that the items also vendor for 33-50g EACH.

Can make some fat gold if you make enough character/accounts and just AFK them in invasion zones

Hands and waist (head if you don't prefer eyepatch/LFH) slots will be BiS, but those repair costs...(not to mention being unable to mog these ugly items to something else as a f2p)
Blizz, really???

I believe the times are 3, 7 and 11.
I've found them to be 2 / 6 / 10 / etc, but that's on my 10 Hunter. As I mentioned before the 4 hour Spawn timer seems to be per Character so it's actually possible there is no set time (other than on an hour, then 4 hours later) based on when you do your first round on that Character.

Last edited:
I've found them to be 2 / 6 / 10 / etc, but that's on my 10 Hunter. As I mentioned before the 4 hour Spawn timer is per Character so it's actually possible there is no set time (other than on an hour, then 4 hours later) based on when you do your first round on that Character.

Interesting.

Another odd tidbit, when I'm dual boxing Accounts (haven't tried triple boxing all 3 of my Accounts yet due to Lag in the Invasions) sometimes the 100 I have with w/e 10 Twink I'm doing the Invasion on is phased out of that Invasion even though neither have done that 4 hour set. I've had this happen twice now and no matter what I do I cannot get the 2 in phase with each other.

Here you go @Grimzee Felbat Pup purchasable at Level 10 (and proof the Vendor is not phased without doing the Broken Shore Questline):

Felbat%20Pup%20at%2010-cropped.jpg

Proof the Felbat Pup is Sellable (can be Caged):

Felbat%20Pup_proof%20its%20sellable-cropped.jpg

What the little tyke looks like as your Companion:

Felbata%20Pup_what%20it%20looks%20like-cropped.jpg

Where is that vendor on Horde?

I know where it is on Alliance but its phased for my low levels.

Where is that vendor on Horde?

I know where it is on Alliance but its phased for my low levels.
It's in each Zone that has Invasions. Here's the ones I know:
  • Northern Barrens: Crossroads, outside the West Gate, literally against the wall.
  • Tanaris: Outside the wall of Gadgetzan.
  • Hillsbrad Foothills: Just North-West of the Tarren Mill
  • Azshara: North of Org's Gate, follow the road up and you'll run into it.

So you only get loot from stage 2 and 4?

You only get Chests from Stage 2 and 4. You can get extra Nethershards by killing the bosses (Marked by Skulls on the map), up to 10 per boss, based on damage dealt. You can also get rewards AFK, or as a Ghost/Dead, as long as you are still inside the instance.

Users who are viewing this thread