EU+US Initial PTR thoughts...

49919526ea0a.jpg

fury is no bueno for a 1v1 situation. Probably even for a group setting because if you get swapped to while enrage is up your death is certain.Overpower hits pretty hard. I haven't tried dauntless because the passive Tactician relies on you spending rage to reset the CD of Colossus Smash and MS I think, so reducing the amount of rage spent is counter-productive. And sweeping strikes isn't really worth it in any situation. For fury either Endless rage or Fresh meat will be the go to, but Endless rage may push to the front simply because you'll want to be getting enough rage to use Rampage consistently. but as i said enrage makes you really vulnerable to getting squished .

Prot seems to be the best warrior spec, good damage, defensive CD and cc (shockwave or stormbolt) also prot gets 2 charges on charge.

Prot seems to be the best warrior spec, good damage, defensive CD and cc (shockwave or stormbolt) also prot gets 2 charges on charge.

Seems like it. haven't been able to test it because I don't have my heirloom shield. Arms and fury aren't too bad but no double charge or snare makes them just truly damage bots at level 20.

Meanwhile Outlaw rogue is going to absolutely smash leather and cloth wearers.

Meanwhile Outlaw rogue is going to absolutely smash leather and cloth wearers.

Do you mean @ level 20 or 29? For F2P/Vets, which spec(s) seem ahead of others for random BGs? I'm hearing Survival, Ret, MW, Boomkin will be strong candidates whereas Fury, Disc, and Enh are trailing behind. Can anyone confirm if this is consistent at level 20 (and not level 29)?

How is (level 20):
* Feral
* Sub/Assa
* Shadow
* MM/BM

Last edited:
Do you mean @ level 20 or 29? For F2P/Vets, which spec(s) seem ahead of others for random BGs? I'm hearing Survival, Ret, MW, Boomkin will be strong candidates whereas Fury, Disc, and Enh are trailing behind. Can anyone confirm if this is consistent at level 20 (and not level 29)?

How is (level 20):
* Feral
* Sub/Assa
* Shadow
* MM/BM
For Outlaw, regen is abysmal, but the opening burst with ghost strike (which hit's harder than saber slash for 20 less energy and into run through will completely shatter any clothie and give trouble for leather. This was against same level outside and in skirms against 20s. Given that 29s have many more skills this will make them even more deadly. so basically it doesn't matter how you play this bracket you'll be effective if you plan on dogging the healer. or chasing down an fc that isn't in plate. Ret is good as well, Fury isn't too far behind but they are risky because of the enrage changes. They cannot be the center of attention when in a group setting. Enhancement at level 20 will not be good simply because stormstrike is missing and the changes and added abilities won't make up for it. I couldn't tell you about the other specs.

At 20 best spec so far is Outlaw no doubt followed by Assa. At 29 Sub might become viable also.

When comes to warrior, best spec utility wise seems to be protection. For warr dps spec i'd go with Arms, i like overpower too much. Sadly, any class that can kite, will eat warriors alive...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hearing Survival
While survival damage is high, so does with many other classes.
Bm is the way to go at 20 because of 700 crits on kill command.
Survival got no gap closer at 20. imagine a warrior without a charge. right.

Outlaw needs tuning down
Assassination needs more damage on poison since no rupture + less energy starvation due to not having passives - so not happening.
Feral is playable
Shadow is meh but with mind blast.
Aim shots on MM does around same damage as arcane shots. even more so, Arcane shots crit for more.
Since aim shot is 2 sec stand cast, i don't know who in right mind would cast it.
Marked shot for MM seems to be broken.

Overall at this stage it does seems like a wild west where everyone die fast and not a 20 min healing spam party.

Been testing my classes this morning without any lag. Both duels and some arenas and WOW, ret paladins are crazy... Shield of vengeance a shield that absorbs 2k and then explodes for the same amount pretty much. Talent Execution sentence 2.5-3k non crit after 7 sec, can be dispelled tho and then all the other bursty stuff paladins had before that + almost as good heals as before except that u go oom alot faster. Seems like the most OP one I've tried so far. I really like how the game works after doing some 2s vs 29s tho. I have high expectations for the real game.

I'm loving the fact that BM Hunter is going to be a good option at 20. Happy as a pig in poo about that!

Ret also sounds nasty along with Outlaw.

WTF is going on with Aimed Shot? I was reading the tool tip and noticed it wasn't that much different to Arcane Shot. Unless Aimed is supposed to generate focus which it doesn't appear to there is no purpose for it!

On a different note has anyone checked Vet professions? Can they be checked like if u still get locked items below 100? I'm hoping the tidy up to professions UI fixes that bug which Blizz don't say is a bug :eek:

Sorry one more question. Anyone know how the enchants scale at 20? For PvE that is? Is it still the same? Do we also have those negative multipliers on our dps like what happened in the recent patch? Man it's painful soloing some dungeons with the multipliers!:mad:

I'm loving the fact that BM Hunter is going to be a good option at 20. Happy as a pig in poo about that!

Summon random beasts at your target does feel neat. wish you could use beast from your stables on dire beast summon at low level.
But oh well.

Enchants all same.

So what are the thought's on healing class/specs? Anyone tried holy priest yet? Someone mentioned disc was weak.

So what are the thought's on healing class/specs? Anyone tried holy priest yet? Someone mentioned disc was weak.
Disc lost flash heal and got a 6 sec CD on bubble. Holy isn't much better. The best healing spec atm seems to be mw at 29

Disc is now more like a DPS than healer. Most abilites do dmg and they heal only, when target has "Atonement" - which is applied by certain ablilites for 15 sec. Atonement heals target for 40% of dmg done to enemy.

Well, sounds like priest healing is shit. Haven't heard anything on Hpals or Resto shammys yet. Good, bad or ugly?

Well, sounds like priest healing is shit. Haven't heard anything on Hpals or Resto shammys yet. Good, bad or ugly?
hpala is still pretty awfull and resto shaman didnt really get better or worse. they might not keep up with dmg in legion tho

Users who are viewing this thread