EU+US [Info] Gear for your twink! (101)

Check out my other twinks in my Signature

Wow...very nice! Why do you need so many though? lol...you can only farm herbs on one at a time! :p I'm working on making just one - what do you recommend? Frost DK or Fury Warrior? I want to dual wield the 810 maces!!

Wow...very nice! Why do you need so many though? lol...you can only farm herbs on one at a time! :p I'm working on making just one - what do you recommend? Frost DK or Fury Warrior? I want to dual wield the 810 maces!!
fury warrior wont do well using 1 handers. some abilities require dual wielding 2 handers since prepatch

Frost DK or Fury Warrior? I want to dual wield the 810 maces!!
They're just agility tho, arent they? So ENH sham, outlaw rogue, and DH would be best for those... no?

Also, i think after a certain point you'd still be better off with artifacts anyway because of the traits. I have 2 on my vengeance DH (but havent equipped them yet) - that artifact tree is kinda boring so it might not matter much.

They're just agility tho, arent they? So ENH sham, outlaw rogue, and DH would be best for those... no?

Also, i think after a certain point you'd still be better off with artifacts anyway because of the traits. I have 2 on my vengeance DH (but havent equipped them yet) - that artifact tree is kinda boring so it might not matter much.
DH can't use Maces (unless my DH's are Broken) and I'm sure they're referring to OS as it would indeed likely be superior to use the Artifact Weapon for whichever Spec was chosen at 101.

fury warrior wont do well using 1 handers. some abilities require dual wielding 2 handers since prepatch

How about Frost DK's? I was thinking of going with the maces for Frost and the artifact weapon for Blood, that way I can switch when needed.

How about Frost DK's? I was thinking of going with the maces for Frost and the artifact weapon for Blood, that way I can switch when needed.
yup frost dks can use them. will just miss out on some strength but youll gain a lot more attack power from the weapons

I decided to try estimate the value of leech since it's such a powerful tertiary stat at this level.

Unfortunately we can't get 101 stat weights for tank specs since simcraft doesn't support them all yet, so I'm using the 110 stat weights built into the most recent verison of the Pawn addon.

For each tank spec I took the stat weight of leech and divided it by the average of the 2nd and 3rd highest secondary stats. I chose to not include the highest and lowest secondary stats in case a class strongly favours a stat which might skew the results.

Blood DK: (1.75/((1.95+1.7)/2)) = 0.959
Veng DH: (3.16/((2.07+1.72)/2)) = 1.668
Bear Druid: (1.49/((0.57+0.38)/2)) = 3.137
BM Monk: (3.02/((0.47+0.43)/2)) = 6.711
Prot Pally: (2.41/((1.44+0.99)/2)) = 1.984
Prot War: (3.5/((1.89+0.69)/2)) = 2.713

Those numbers represent the power of leech compared to secondary stats. I then removed the highest/lowest outliers again (6.7 is a bit far ahead of the rest) and averaged them to get: 2.375

So according to this (very rough) estimate, leech is worth about 2.375x the value of a secondary stat for tanks (probably a lot more for dps specs). Using the socket values I calculated before, I can convert that to how many ilvls 100 leech is worth:
- Head: 14.3 (12.7-15.8)
- Neck: 37.2 (34.8-39.6)
- Shoulder: 18.2 (15.8-20.6)
- Back: 23.8 (20.6-26.9)
- Chest: 14.3 (12.7-15.8)
- Wrists: 23.8 (20.6-26.9)
- Hands: 18.2 (15.8-20.6)
- Waist: 18.2 (15.8-20.6)
- Legs: 14.3 (12.7-15.8)
- Feet: 18.2 (15.8-20.6)
- Ring: 38.0 (34.8-41.2)
- Trinket: 14.3 (12.7-15.8)

So according to this (very rough) estimate, leech is worth about 2.375x the value of a secondary stat for tanks (probably a lot more for dps specs).
For Disc Priest it's even more valuable. Atonement gives you basically 40%+ Leech (adjusted by Mastery). As long as you use any of the 4 Abilities on yourself once every 15 seconds (PWS the most obvious) then you can maintain that 40%+ "Leech" perma. What this means is that 101 Disc Priests are actually capable of ~100% Leech. They may not do as absurd burst Damage as HPally but I can say from the one I'm working on that they are VERY durable and quite high DPS.

So after transferring a bunch of shit I had on another Realm back to my home Realm with all my Twinks I discovered Speed has DR added to it at ~110%. The ONLY exception I have found is Minor Speed Enchant on any Boots iLvL 1-600 for 10% and the WoD Gift Cloak Enchant for 2% aren't effected by DR. Here's a look at just how hard Blizz nerfed Run speed in Legion (great for burning through old Raid content for fast gold).

• Starting point: 100% RS (Run Speed).
  • +835 Helm with 529 Speed: 111% RS.
  • +835 Chest with 529 Speed: 116% RS.
  • +845 Trinket with 412 Speed: 119% RS.
  • +835 Gloves with 397 Speed: 120% RS.
  • +725 Mark of Supreme Doom with 308 Speed: 121% RS.
  • +835 Ring with 297 Speed: 122% RS.
  • +Cloak with WoD Gift Enchant: 124% RS.
  • +600 Boots with Minor Speed Enchant: 134% RS.
Moral of the story, if your 101 is meant for quickly running old Raid content for fast Gold/XMog farming don't bother with Speed on Legion World Epics past the 2nd or 3rd pc then get a pair of iLvL 600 Boots from Skyreach normal and put Minor Speed on them. It would also help if you had a class with good Run Speed to begin with like Druid, Shaman, Havoc DH, etc. Also if you haven't guessed by now, Speed is completely underwhelming compared to Leech for Tertiary on Legion Epics, especially knowing there's DR added, fuckers.

Man, you got all that stuff with speed on it. Yowza. I still want a full speed set though for shits and giggles for running around with ghost wolf.

Would a disc priest 101 be good for soloing dungeons? I figure it would be hard to kill.. But can it do enough dmg to solo heroics?
I'm still working on mine but yes they'll be near impossible to kill thanks to Atonement. AOE will be the issue there so I'm uncertain about their speed of clear for Dungeons. Shockadin is actually surprisingly good for AOE with enough Crit/Haste, though nothing compared to Boomkin/DK/DH/etc.

As a leather class would it be more beneficial to wear 835+ cloth items with 3rd stat instead of 800 leather or WoD mythic gear?
Is losing all the agility + 5% bonus agility for all leather worth the ilvl and other stat increases from cloth 835+ with 3rd stat and/or socket?

Edit: spelling and clarification.

Last edited:
As a leather class would it be more beneficial to wear 835+ cloth items with 3rd stat instead of 800 leather or WoD mythic gear?
Is losing all the agility + 5% bonus agility for all leather worth the ilvl and other stat increases from cloth 835+ with 3rd stat and/or socket?

Edit: spelling and clarification.
For iPvP no (some math below). For WPvP/PvE, Boomkin/Resto Druid and Mistweaver should work fine.

[This is in regards to a 101, NOT a LvL 19 so people don't reply as such] To gain 1% Stats in BG you need 10 Average iLvL. To gain 10 Average iLvL you need +160 Total iLvL over what you had previously (1 pc, 5 pcs, doesn't matter). In order to be of any real benefit you'd actually want +6% Stats (and even then it's only marginal). For 6% you need 60 Average iLvL or +960 Total iLvL. It's not even possible to gain that much overall iLvL by equipping 1-4 Cloth pcs even at 895 iLvL over 800's from Pillar Quests and/or HFC Mythic say 750+. To clarify:

Total iLvL: Add up every single item you have equipped to get XX.
Average iLvL: Take the above value and divide by 16. < this is what makes your BG Template, mostly >

The average 101 Twink with full 835 (Main Armor type) World Epics + all 800 Pillar pcs + HFC Mythic + WoD Craftable 725's to fill any gaps can achieve ~795 iLvL. Plate wearers with the same as above (but mixing all Armor types) can push that to ~825. A 30 Average iLvL difference will be a net loss (with a small gain in Secondaries). Values based on ONLY 835's, not an 850 here, 870 there.

Last edited:
Short version would be: keep spare appropriate type armor to replace those slots for instanced PvP. Higher ilvl the better.

It's not such a big deal for world PvP/PvE to wear the "wrong" type as the secondary benefits typically outweigh the 5% main-stat loss.

FYI: You can Cap GCD on 101 Disc Priest with 50% Haste. At that point you have several options depending on your play style. More Crit is never a bad idea though I wouldn't push it much past 45% if you regularly do group content. Mastery is great if you like to go balls deep in DPS without too much care for actual Healing because of how much "Leech" Atonement provides your friendly targets (that you've healed/Bubbled in the past <15 sec). Lastly Versa is also a solid choice, especially for WPvP. Here's my basic recommendation you can test for yourself to see how well it works for you.

• WPvP / Solo PvE: Haste (to 50%) > Versa spam >= w/e Crit your Gear gives you >= Mastery; with as much Leech** as you can get, and possibly Speed on Helm.
  • PvE Group: Haste (to 50%) > Mastery spam >= Crit no more than ~45% >= w/e Versa your Gear gives you; with Speed on Helm*** and Leech the rest.
* (2) Set T18 HFC Mythic is recommended for Bracers/Boots for Penance damage. Considering that HFC Mythic can proc as high as 775 (785 upgraded 2/2) as well as proc a Socket and Tertiary it might actually be beneficial to go (4) Set since Cloth doesn't have Legion Epics for Chest/Legs. You'd lose 15 iLvL each pc but the gain of (2) Sockets and 2 more pcs with Leech may outweigh those 15 iLvL. This is ofc assuming you can even get a 775 proc + Socket + Leech even after years of weekly farming.The Class Trinket just reduces damage taken up to ~11% for max iLvL for 10s after most Abilities used. Probably quite good for WPvP.

** It should be noted that Disc Priest can achieve well over 100% Leech with 100% uptime and upwards of ~150% Leech for 20 seconds every 2 minutes thanks to Eyasu's Mulligan. Even at 835, that Trinket's on use is ~50% Secondary Stat which equates to a direct +50% Atonement Healing.

*** The reason for only having Speed on the Helm is due to Blizz's stealth nerf to Movement Speed. At some point since 7.0 (Legion) Blizz implemented DR on Movement Speed at 110%. ONE item with Speed will not be effected by DR but a 2nd will. The Helm has the highest Tertiary Stat allocation (along with Chest, that Cloth doesn't have). That means at 895, a Helm with Speed should give you about 16% Movement Speed with a single item. The WoD 2% Gift Enchant stacks as well as the 10% from Minor Speed, but you'd have to go get an iLvL 600 pair of Boots from Skyreach to Enchant with Minor Speed, losing much of the benefit of higher iLvL Gear.

One thing to note, if you Enchant those iLvL 600 Boots THEN upgrade them to 610 with Valor, the Minor Speed Enchant still works. If you also happen to get the Speed proc on them that'll give you a total of 12% Movement Speed (10-11% with DR). And yes, Minor Speed is actually 10%, regardless of what the TT says.

Last edited:
Cloak of Martayl Oceanstrider

Has anyone ever actually seen this drop for a 101? I have seen other levels and comparative ilvl's, like 746 for 99 going up to 810 for 109 but have never seen this as an 835+ 101 BOE and I'm a Mythic AH raider! Everyone in the armory has Trejas cloak so I'm curious...

Users who are viewing this thread