EU ilvl 810 relics for 101?

I meant while they still are in the unopened boxes.
Have you traded an unopened box, then opened it and have it contain 810?

My theory is that if an unopened box is traded, it cannot contain 810.

The one and only relic I got at 810 was obtained in the 2nd leystone lockbox I ever opened which was mailed to me by a guild mate. The box was still locked when I got it. I've gotten many epic items.. 865 boots.. 875 relic... 865 relic.. etc.. but only one 810 relic. I actually seem to get quite a lot of the epic gear that's labeled "mythic" or "mythic warforged/titanforged"

For anyone curious as to info on the guy who sent the box which had the relic.. he was a 900+ demon hunter who got it in the broken shore.

The one and only relic I got at 810 was obtained in the 2nd leystone lockbox I ever opened which was mailed to me by a guild mate. The box was still locked when I got it. I've gotten many epic items.. 865 boots.. 875 relic... 865 relic.. etc.. but only one 810 relic. I actually seem to get quite a lot of the epic gear that's labeled "mythic" or "mythic warforged/titanforged"

For anyone curious as to info on the guy who sent the box which had the relic.. he was a 900+ demon hunter who got it in the broken shore.

So both my theories busted. rip
thanks though :)

Yeah I can't find any posts confirming this. Everyone goes off and explains everything without giving this detail Dx

My apologies.. I've put in multiple posts in regards to this very same thing that I was on my 110 rogue ill 905 at the time.. I guess I forgot to insert that in this particular post. My bad.

Currently opening 84 Lockboxes@iLvl880, 40 down, no luck aside from 1 lockbox containing 2 845 Purple BoE's & gold.

Edit: Finally finished all 84 Boxes, In total I had 2 boxes with 2 845 Purple BoE's in them and another box with 1 single 845 Purple BoE, took screens of them all if anyone is interested, I received 8 Relics all 780, 7 still in lockbox if someones interested in playing around with them.

My guess on how to get these 810 Relics would be getting the Purple/Heroic Upgrade on a box with a Relic in it which is fairly rare as it seems to be about 1/10 relics per Lockboxes out of the 84 tested, and also luck out with a Upgrade/Heroic box which seems to be every 40-80 boxes.

Edit2: Profit/Loss? Paid 150g per box, and about 40g per Lockpick, I paid roughly 16k to open the 84 Lockboxes, in return I got 3.4k raw gold, roughly 2.5k in greens (valued 30g ea 1 per box) and 25k in Purple BoE's (Going by 5k per piece, possible to get 15+ each tho) so came out in profit for attempting to get these Relics.

Update: Sold 2 of the purples, one for 15k and another for 25k so profited at least 25k so far.

Last edited:
I'll be opening mine soon iLvl 890. Trying to work out how to pick the locks. 16k is a hefty price to get them opened. I'm hoping to lvl my JC on a toon and use a jeweled lockpick. Not sure if a 101 rogue can accomplish it.

@Zniper You can get a level 110 (Or what ever level the skill unlocks) to make you some jeweled lockpicks, and use those on a 101. Pretty sure a rogue CAN'T open them at 101, due to the skill requirement being 550 or level 110.

I'll be opening mine soon iLvl 890. Trying to work out how to pick the locks. 16k is a hefty price to get them opened. I'm hoping to lvl my JC on a toon and use a jeweled lockpick. Not sure if a 101 rogue can accomplish it.

16k isn't really much imo, takes longer to gather up the boxes than it would to make that. (the 16k included buying boxes)

the Lockpicks require 1 JC to use so I just dropped tailoring for JC and bought them off AH.

Also yes a 101 Rogue should be able to unlock these however you don't want a 101 to actually open it as far as I know. EDIT: According to Soloing 101's Rogues cant open them.

Last edited:
At 101 your lockpicking skill isn't high enough to unlock them.
Interesting, must have mixed it up with the minimum iLvl to open the Boxes, Thanks for Correction :)

I asked a person on my realm that managed to get one within 7 lockboxes.

He told me that he noticed an oddity with the loot being different (leather instead of cloth) after sending it over to his other 110.

He mailed the lootboxes to his priest (because it was his JC), opened one, looted a cloth item, sent it back to his demon hunter, and looted the rest of the items

I asked a person on my realm that managed to get one within 7 lockboxes.

He told me that he noticed an oddity with the loot being different (leather instead of cloth) after sending it over to his other 110.

He mailed the lootboxes to his priest (because it was his JC), opened one, looted a cloth item, sent it back to his demon hunter, and looted the rest of the items
I dont understand what you're trying to say... are you saying that he unlocked a box, saw it had a cloth item, mailed the same box and it transformed into a leather item? or you saying different boxes had different loot or something?

I dont understand what you're trying to say... are you saying that he unlocked a box, saw it had a cloth item, mailed the same box and it transformed into a leather item? or you saying different boxes had different loot or something?
13ZaE4W.png

This is what he told me at least, I'm not 100% sure either

Also, I just opened another 60 crates, making me come close to 200 now. I finally looted my first 810 relic (holy.. meh)
Had a JC friend unlock them, trade them to me without opening, and I opened and it was there.
Both chars 110, and the relic was completely unrelated to either of our specs.

From those 60 lockboxes, overall very little amount of relics, 2 bloods @ 780, 1 fel @ 780 and that holy relic

Yo, I'm the blurred out person in that screenshot :p

The "oddity" is that this is the only container type item (that I know of) which rolls its items on being opened, rather than on being picked up.

Full rundown: I picked up all of the boxes on my DH. I sent them to my priest for unlocking (got JC just to be able to use the lockpicks). I accidentally opened/looted one on my priest and it contained a cloth item. I mailed the other 6 (unlocked, but not yet opened) to my DH, and all of these 6 boxes contained leather items.

I didn't mail a box I already checked the contents of or anything weird like that. All I've determined is that the loot is rolled when you actually open one, and the armor type is chosen for the character opening it. I guess it's the same process that happens with item level, as others who have tried opening them on 101 characters pointed out. (Don't open them on 101 characters - you will get lower item level loot and can't get 810s.)

My theory was that a similar rule would be applied to relic types, i.e. you could only loot what you can use. I've since been told that it's wrong, as people have been getting holy relics on rogues (they have no holy relic slots in any of their 3 specs).

But regardless, loot being rolled for the character opening a box is a noteworthy feature. I'd imagine that internally, the game auto completes a quest or something along those lines.

P.S.
Posting on an account from year 2009. Waddup

Last edited:
Haven't seen any new relics across all the EU auction houses in the last 24 hours so if you loot an 810 relic, please let us know here so we can confirm it hasn't been hotfixed :)

Edit: Just found another relic on EU so I guess it's not hotfixed unless they waited before selling it :p

The one and only relic I got at 810 was obtained in the 2nd leystone lockbox I ever opened which was mailed to me by a guild mate.
When did you loot the relic?

Yo, I'm the blurred out person in that screenshot :p
When did you loot the relic?

Last edited:
Okay, i have managed to open over 1000 lockboxes now.

All were bought through COD.
90% were opened on a 101.
Today i got my first 810 relic, a storm. Which was opened on a 101.

So i dont think it matters if opened on a 101 vs 110, i believe it is just very very RNG.

I feel like these were unintended to be on the loot table. But who knows. I have made ticket asking for clarification ;)

On US btw

Users who are viewing this thread