US I miss this sh*t

Perhaps you can "predict" lotto numbers too for us.

Plenty of Cata private servers already exist.
Many of us are have having a great time on Elysium. Then again, some people find Vanilla too "challenging" to level and gather gear. They prefer near instant leveling but want all the benefits that come with something that requires time, energy and commitment.

/cheers

me and will go way back

Reactions: Wil
Isn't this an echo thread of "I miss MoP"?
All one needs to do is just substitute a few classes/specs.

WoD changes did is fair share of hurting twinking as well. Before WoD we had near instant queue pops for quite a few brackets.
I don't feel like this is the same as the end of any other expansion. Things changed somehow, and it will never be the same.

I love you WoW, but I'm not in love with you, anymore.

I have mixed feelings about WoD. On one hand, I miss having rend. on the other. I despised the whirlwind rotation they forced onto warriors for both PvE/PvP. I do miss smacking people with sudden death procs though.

I miss running 5 bm premades(as toxic as it sounds)

b8x8u16.jpg

And it's all because Legion essentially killed twinking. This xpac is so elementary. It's as if they went backwards with the game.

they've actually done this like, to some degree or another, each & every expansion. Each one has changed twinking for the worse more and more, from a perspective of actually having ''fun'' / being unique etc, the game will & can only become simpler..

..to bring in more kids that have parents will pay for their monthly wow sub to gather more money, they need it only considering the good players w/ end game adequate gear & up to date toons can support their account purely off of gold revenue, and not waste money on transfers/factions, effectively playing now for free as many are

(i personally am, would rather play 110s and not pay $ for wow, due to drastically less-worthwhile-seeming for the monthly $ than it was in BC/wotlk to me, even cata, vanilla not even comparable due to the fact i was 10 & so new that the game was like the funnest thing u can do on the internet back in 07 @ that age)

they gotta recuperate the money somewhere, so it only makes sense the game became the most or nearly-most drastically simpler on the same general time frame that began bringing them in less annual revenue via subscriptions.

making it child-friendly for $ is the goal, children enjoy it the most compared to other people anyway typically so they dgaf about twinks/anyones general loss of quality of game complexity that they prefer, over time.

I dont like it either tbh, wod for twinks was obviously so much funner o_O

Last edited:
they've actually done this like, to some degree or another, each & every expansion. Each one has changed twinking for the worse more and more, from a perspective of actually having ''fun'' / being unique etc, the game will & can only become simpler..

smh quoting to clarify excluding that amazing breath of fresh air when they re-implemented skirmishes, RIP wod twinks... even tho in wod we were saying RIP mop 19s from how we mostly had good times in pugs compared to what followed, for 10v10 @ 19 in qued bgs.

skilled peeps all tryna pushing to their maximum performance generally, odd-1/10 bad no-gear-player of bg being controlled by us as a population(ie vote kicked b4 beginning)replaced wen other team was strong and needed all the geared people we could get... that shit was just fun as hell.

70 was just amazing imo during MoP too, the most fun ive ever had in a twink bracket ever in life..

I miss both these xpacs now tho, i didnt play lv cap at all for a general majority on both of them cuz there was enough to do w/ twinking, doesnt seem same anymore bigtime.. cata private server is interesting tho, personally would love to experience it since i generally skipped over cata tinkering playing lv 85 instead

Last edited:
smh quoting to clarify excluding that amazing breath of fresh air when they re-implemented skirmishes, RIP wod twinks... even tho in wod we were saying RIP mop 19s from how we mostly had good times in pugs compared to what followed, for 10v10 @ 19 in qued bgs.

skilled peeps all tryna pushing to their maximum performance generally, odd-1/10 bad no-gear-player of bg being controlled by us as a population(ie vote kicked b4 beginning)replaced wen other team was strong and needed all the geared people we could get... that shit was just fun as hell.

70 was just amazing imo during MoP too, the most fun ive ever had in a twink bracket ever in life..

I miss both these xpacs now tho, i didnt play lv cap at all for a general majority on both of them cuz there was enough to do w/ twinking, doesnt seem same anymore bigtime.. cata private server is interesting tho, personally would love to experience it since i generally skipped over cata tinkering playing lv 85 instead
I think the difference between missing MoP during WoD, and missing WoD during legion is that twinking was still a thing in WoD. Like the entire idea that you'd get the best gear for your bracket and then face others was still a reality. That gear also gave you a huge boost over others so it was more than worth getting. However that clearly isn't the reality now in Legion. In fact I find it hard to call what we do now twinking as it's so pathetic; We buy white items just to boost our stats by a fraction of a percent. I agree, WoD definitely had its issues don't get me wrong, but it was a paradise compared to the shit show we have now.

It's gonna sound weird saying it, but I miss WoD. I know there were better days of twinking but I had some of the best memories last xpac..and I really miss those times. And I'm not just saying this because my main spec feral is now irrelevant. I miss Departure Lounge, I miss GG Twinks, I miss Original Outriders, I miss running 5 bm premades(as toxic as it sounds). I miss the 29 guild drama and callouts on this website. I miss when gear actually mattered and the occasional, "Damn...that guy's got a nice toon." or "Woh, he has double gears." And most of all, I miss my old friends. Either they've all quit out of boredom or gone off to end game. I can't count how many amazing nights I had on teamspeak with these people. And it's all because Legion essentially killed twinking. This xpac is so elementary. It's as if they went backwards with the game. In WoD, almost every class was viable with the exception of maybe warlock. Now, there are only a few viable SPECS in general. Take a look at this trucking arena ladder. It's pathetic. It's all survs and rets. Yea, BMs dominated the bracket last xpac too but at least there was some diversity in what people played/could succeed with. Now it's all just FoTM rerolls. And the worst part is that these kids think they're the shit 'cus they try hard at survival hunter against shitters who don't even have all their slots filled. At least in WoD there was a chance you could be paired up against a challenging opponent. And the same goes for BGs too. I'm not sure what the point of this thread was other than to vent, but yea, we never knew what we had until it was taken away.

Yours truly,
Rank 1 feral scum 20-29
5 man bm premades Kys gay boy

Users who are viewing this thread