US How viable is a Alliance warrior for solo, random BG?

@icehawk , thanks for the tip. I figured this may be the case. I'll mostly play solo so warrior seems less than ideal at this point.

@Dabow , from checking your profile, you only have armory of a (Horde) warrior. Do you mind linking me to your druid armory? Are you referring to playing at night as Alliance?

Do you guys have experience playing mage (any spec) in random battlegrounds (as level 20) in legion? If so, how has your experience been? Do you have good survivability, dmg, etc?

@icehawk , thanks for the tip. I figured this may be the case. I'll mostly play solo so warrior seems less than ideal at this point.

@Dabow , from checking your profile, you only have armory of a (Horde) warrior. Do you mind linking me to your druid armory? Are you referring to playing at night as Alliance?

Do you guys have experience playing mage (any spec) in random battlegrounds (as level 20) in legion? If so, how has your experience been? Do you have good survivability, dmg, etc?
Frost is completely gutted. They lost pet freeze, counterspell, blazing speed but gained ice lance. Ray of Frost hits very hard, you pretty much wait around for that. Arcane is the most damage, fire is decent from what I've heard.

@Hashbrowns, what!? Was the pet freeze removed in 7.1? I was just watching a youtube video (made 1 month ago) of a frost mage using pet freeze.

Apparently ice lance is getting a dmg buff in 7.1.5 but "things are subject to change" TM. Thank you for the info regardless, man.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Multidruid/simple
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Jùdaspriest/simple

farnkclass it very is it is great fun ;o
farnkwarrior farnk arms warrior ;d

I'd really like to play a Worgen warrior as a solo player for random battlegrounds, but two things concern me:

1. Alliance do not win often
  2. Warrior is a weak class (for solo experience)
I honestly don't mind losing matches here and there but it'd be nice to win some and not spend most of my time in graveyard especially since I'm playing by myself. Not trying to troll, I'm just looking for honest opinions as there's a lot of good info on this site. I am trying to take advantage of the sale going on at the moment and have a good time.

Thanks all.

Edit: This is for a F2P/Vet (level 20) account. I can get all the heirlooms purchasable by gold except guild rep ones.

Well going vet with heirlooms is a strong option as you lack proper helmet as pure f2p if you are to start now.
Also enchants/tmogs/mounts come in handy outside bgs.

Regarding your questions:
1. As someone who 99% of the time roll solo (although on eu) i would say that you will lose 60% of games regardless of fraction. Since you want to roll pure dps class (warrior) you really have no input on your teams survivability. Hoping for your team having more healers while going after enemy healers with https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/healers-have-to-die will be your only solid option. Cant do much solo against premade but you can evaluate whats coming for you with https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/battlegroundtargets if u dont like being at gy alot

2. I really cant say warriors are weak class. Arms with overpower are basically 5.1 shield slamming prot warriors. i had no issue topping kill stats with it. Can't say it is my taste due to auto attack rage generation only, but it is best performing warrior spec if you want that. Fury on the other hand are more fun to play (for me). It is not facerolling but you can perform well if you put your mind to it.

Overall warriors are cool. one would roll it just for new charge animation.

Bro don't do it. Warrior is very dependent on good heals from your team. You will be pulling your hair out in a short time. Alliance heals are seriously lacking. I played a ton of bgs as ally war and while this expansion has been better for alliance solo queuers it still sucks absolute donkey dick. Most of the people here that tell you its viable are forum warriors, and people that queue in large groups or play horde and get healbotted relentlessly. Play just a few games on either side and you will see its day and night differences between the quality of the average player on horde and the average ally player. Things really only become tolerable if you can play as 29 with heroic leap and even then gap closing is like wading through neck deep molasses to hit a hunter or healer. Good luck in whatever you decide.

The most important abilities as a warrior is to learn which fights you pick and when to charge!
You always need to end a fight quick, to earn victory rush. Rogues, monks, ferals, mages are easy targets for a war.
Your prioriety should be to kill the enemy healers, but sometimes you wont be able to get to them or would be killed in 2 secs, then it is better to first kill the enemies run to far in your frontline.
The best way to practise this are big AV fights will.

The most important abilities as a warrior is to learn which fights you pick and when to charge!
You always need to end a fight quick, to earn victory rush. Rogues, monks, ferals, mages are easy targets for a war.
Your prioriety should be to kill the enemy healers, but sometimes you wont be able to get to them or would be killed in 2 secs, then it is better to first kill the enemies run to far in your frontline.
You can build up rage on soft targets, and save your Charge cooldown. For instance, you could build up rage by killing a hunter pet, mount up real quick, ride right over to priest with full rage, damage him, and still have Charge up for a quick escape.

Last edited:
I would highly reccomend rolling a 29 over a 20 warrior for heroic leap as you'll need the extra mobility to avoid the frustration of snares as much as possible. At level 28 execute gains a passive buff and since you're talking Alliance warrior instead of a blood elf you'll want pummel at level 24 to interrupt and destroy those healers.

I personally find arms spec with overpower very rewarding and satisfying to play. Victory rush heals for a lot more than it did in previous expansions and it's very possible to 1v2 and 1v3 while defending a node.

Don't listen to any naysayers or people that say warrior is bad for going solo. Their shriveled little vaginas can't handle the warrior life that's all.

Aagghhhh :eek:
I can't think of anything worse than a solo warrior in AV, especially on Ally. Nothing worse than getting trapped by a large, organised Horde mob with heals and the Ally just run into it to die.
I still stick by the thought that a solo Warrior isn't ideal. Those that say it is probably only play premades or group play and hence Warrior would be awesome in a group, but solo, no way.

it's very possible to 1v2 and 1v3 while defending
ur obviously talking about a Warrior with a pocket heals? I've never seen a Warrior 1v2 or 1v3 solo. My experience with solo Warriors is the opposite. As a Marks Hunter, the Warrior gets the charge in, but even then sometimes I've stopped them mid charge with my pet charge, then they don't get a second hit in before I kite them to death.

I personally only enjoy Warrior if I line up with a Healer class friend or else it's blahhh! At least for Ally it is anyway.

At the end of the day OP, u need to play what suits ur style and given u will mainly solo queue that needs to be taken into consideration. I just haven't had much enjoyment from a solo Warrior :(

@icehawk
Yeah your main is a range class, I can imagine it is hard to play a Class that has to go into meele range.
7.1.5. wont be good for warriors when you will get freezetrap back. Hunters are a nightmare for warriors.
The good thing is most are terrible and wouldnt surv be so strong atm, warrirors would rule

the nice part about maining warrior, over hunter, is that you can play in premades, and you get to keep your friends (unless you're alliance, and all your mouth-breathing friends are playing hunters too).

going 29 is an option, but they are more expensive, being that 20s are free to play, after you gear them. so you can choose play on equal footing with the rest of the bracket, or choose to pay-to-win.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread