EU+US How NOT to form and run a twink guild

Nico8

Grandfathered
I have been in several twink guilds since I started playing WoW in 2006. I have seen twink guild flourish and fail. I am also a business manager in RL. If you want to form a twink guild and be successful, it is highly recommend you follow these simple guidelines

1. Don't be a be a dick. If you are good your performance will show that.
2. Speak in guild chat. New people need to hear from leaders.
3. Do not hide voice chat info. Make different rooms if needed.
4. Do not segregate your members by "pro" and "lame".
5. Organizing premades and leading them is your number 1 job.
6. If you have a decent sized following you made need to organize multiple premades.
7. Since gearing is practically meaningless, do not force new members to work Engineering if they don't want to. I have shown in past posts that the difference between an ilevel 38 caster and an ilevel 50 caster is .18% crit and 2 spellpower.
8. Support good healers. Healers are gold. Cherish them.
9. Train your people and give them help with addons, strategies, communication.
10. Recognize performance and loyalty. Your best people are the ones that show up.

Thanks. May the Kushlords and Iownurface types start flaming this post NOW!

Last edited:
Running a guild is extremely easy. Their is for sure a difference in running a "social" and a "elitist" guild.

Cool guide though for those who don't know.

8. Support good healers. Healers are gold. Cherish them.
I support this notion! I'm currently new to the bracket, but i hope to see a lot of premades and i hope I'm one of the ones to play in the premades obviously!

when i see premade guild run in pugs on my side, i usually do everything to make my team lose.

#4 happens all the time. A little group get together and never really go outside their clique. Also it seems damn near impossible for a guild leader to be on often enough to keep the guild sorted. Even playing 110 alts sort of disregards the guild. It's unrealistic to expect people to stick around forever but I think there needs to be a few more pillars of the community that help new players get a grasp on multiple aspects of the game

I am a gm of a twink guild. My guild has been around for 3 years and still active. And I think a guild is only as good as it's gm. A must have for a good guild is an active and social core group of players. It is the soil and water. If you're lucky and the sun shines your plant will grow into a sunflower or in my case: a nettle.

A must have for a good guild is an active and social core group of players. It is the soil and water.
In your case, the "soil and water" of your guild is the opportunity of baby seal clubbing.

Hi, I found this website accidentally, because I was looking for an active 19 twinks guild on the official Blizz server. Could you please give me any suggestions? Thanks.

In your case, the "soil and water" of your guild is the opportunity of baby seal clubbing.
If you leave baby seals alone they will grow up to be fierce savage animals. I will gladly punch down. Because I respect alliance players enough to treat them as my equal.

#4 happens all the time. A little group get together and never really go outside their clique. Also it seems damn near impossible for a guild leader to be on often enough to keep the guild sorted. Even playing 110 alts sort of disregards the guild. It's unrealistic to expect people to stick around forever but I think there needs to be a few more pillars of the community that help new players get a grasp on multiple aspects of the game

I've seen this fairly often. It's usually the half dozen or so people who start thinking they're l33t (lol) and don't bother to cultivate the newer or less known people in the guild. As long as they have enough to get their little premade going they don't care - like they can't stand to take some losses helping out others, or not topping meters every match. Or the GM and officers are MIA most of the time, or don't respond. And comms/voice? Haha

And let's be honest, some of them like hiding the fact that they're using various scripts/hacks with their buddies.

If you thought Rated is bad, IME twinks are some of the most self-centered, insular twats in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread