EU+US How high ilvl you guys getting on 99s

if we could get the first stages of our artifact weapon that would be so much fun

I've tested the upgrades on Beta. They upgrade to iLevel 708. Also yes you can get the iLevel 800 pieces.
While I 100% believe that you got what you said, it's on Beta and MANY things change between Beta and live. Blizz even stated in the original Patch Notes for 7.0 (the one prior to 7.0 hitting) that they were removing the WoD (3) Crafting limit. They even changed their minds from that Blue to the one the day it went Live on July 19th. Now it says Legion Crafting limit has been removed.

It's entirely possible that 98-99's will have access to the 800 iLvL BoE's once Legion drops, and it's also entirely possible that Blizz will place a 108+ Level requirement on them the day Legion goes Live. We just can't say for sure until it's Live Aug 30th (or whenever the Servers are stable enough to play after that day's DT).

I think the Blue post was "Equipment limits on the amount of crafted gear that can be worn have been removed" which was pretty vague to begin with, so I won't hold my breath that they're going to randomly change the level of the quests.

Other supporting evidence:
  • They are all currently obtainable at 99 on beta
  • All of zones, mobs, and quests (except for Suramar) are scaled to your level 98 - 110, and since the iLevel 800 items come from the "end of zone" quests (basically you finish the story of the zone) I can't imagine they would let people finish the whole zone and not be able to pick up the "culminating" quest
I'm not certain if these can upgrade but, judging by the people I've inspected that are wearing them, I assume they cant upgrade. On the bright side, it seems most quest rewards can upgrade. I haven't gotten any upgrades in dungeons (iLvl 695 @99) or Rare Mobs (iLvl 690 @99).

if we could get the first stages of our artifact weapon that would be so much fun
You can but only one spec (the quest to get other spec's weapons is unlocked at like 102 or something). You can also upgrade it with Artifact Power items (not sure if there is a way to get this at 99 aside from a finite number of chests in the Legion zones that you can only loot once) but it looks like you could potentially unlock all of the Artifact traits which are SUPER overpowered.

I think the Blue post was "Equipment limits on the amount of crafted gear that can be worn have been removed" which was pretty vague to begin with
It said Draenor Crafting, specifically. However, I won't argue that it'd be very odd indeed to change the final Quest reward from an entire Zone, just to spite 98/99 Twinks. More what I was referring to were the BoE Greens that were iLvL 800, and off-pcs like Neck, Rings, etc, that were Data-mined about 2 months ago and are no longer on Wowhead's Legion DB.

It said Draenor Crafting, specifically. However, I won't argue that it'd be very odd indeed to change the final Quest reward from an entire Zone, just to spite 98/99 Twinks. More what I was referring to were the BoE Greens that were iLvL 800, and off-pcs like Neck, Rings, etc, that were Data-mined about 2 months ago and are no longer on Wowhead's Legion DB.

Ohhh gotcha. Yeah from what I've seen the only iLevel 800 pieces you can get at 99 come from the Pillars of Creation quest chains. Every quest besides Suramar is available though so 99s could potentially, while really unlikely, get full 708s aside in the slots where there aren't better current options.

Ohhh gotcha. Yeah from what I've seen the only iLevel 800 pieces you can get at 99 come from the Pillars of Creation quest chains. Every quest besides Suramar is available though so 99s could potentially, while really unlikely, get full 708s aside in the slots where there aren't better current options.
This and the change to not remove the WoD (3) Crafting limit is why I adjusted my prediction that 98/99's would be capable of ~740 iLvL and now I'm predicting about ~710 iLvL as about the ceiling, with a few folks getting super lucky with the Bonus procs and inching a tad bit higher.

Don't use WoD crafted stuff for anything other than trinket neck and cloak and then WARFORGED weapon and then u can hit 690 ilvl average

Yeah that's what I've been working on now, cant seem to be getting any luck with the 690 upgrades. And wouldn't a warforged 690 1h with a wod 705 OH be best as it doesn't count towards the 3 total?

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I've been working on now, cant seem to be getting any luck with the 690 upgrades. And wouldn't a warforged 690 1h with a wod 705 OH be best as it doesn't count towards the 3 total?
For pure iLvL yes.

I bet it's really fun to take these new breed of 99's into normal Skyreach.

I bet it's really fun to take these new breed of 99's into normal Skyreach.
My Ele Shaman when I had her at 99 was 653 Equipped (within 1-2 pts of absolute max back then) and I hit 52K DPS ST on Bosses and well over 120K AOE in there, and that was without the Mythic Warforged SoO 4set. I can't even imagine now with ~700 iLvL lol.

Last edited:
Good news, got an epic upgrade from a Rare mob (ilvl 690 as blue --> ilvl 700 epic) on the beta. On the downside, I've almost killed all the Rare mobs in the Broken Isles and this is the only upgrade I've gotten from Rare mobs. The 700 epics are probably 2nd best in slot behind upgraded 698s (which go to 708).

Good news, got an epic upgrade from a Rare mob (ilvl 690 as blue --> ilvl 700 epic) on the beta. On the downside, I've almost killed all the Rare mobs in the Broken Isles and this is the only upgrade I've gotten from Rare mobs. The 700 epics are probably 2nd best in slot behind upgraded 698s (which go to 708).
Now you all can call me a tin foil hat'er but I wonder about something. If you carry the Draenic Lucky Coin (or whatever it's called) and have a Garrison Warmill Level 2+ do you think Blizz would've overlooked those and allow the added +Luck chance to carry over into Legion? Also has anyone figured out yet how to actually show our "Luck" chance via an Addon or other means?

Now you all can call me a tin foil hat'er but I wonder about something. If you carry the Draenic Lucky Coin (or whatever it's called) and have a Garrison Warmill Level 2+ do you think Blizz would've overlooked those and allow the added +Luck chance to carry over into Legion? Also has anyone figured out yet how to actually show our "Luck" chance via an Addon or other means?

idk its probably worth doing just in case, my dalaran legion questline gloves jumped up to 710 today randomly.

Edit: gloves went back down to 695 for some reason, got the 690 wand though

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread