EU+US How high ilvl you guys getting on 99s

640 = (1) Ring.
670 = Helm / Shoulder / Chest / Bracer / Gloves / Belt / Legs / Boots / Weapons (non-DH).
715 = (3) or (4) others, depending if you can equip a Shield or OH [Blizz lied about removing WoD (3) limit].
725 = Weapons for DH.
800? = Off-pcs come Legion, Green BoE's from the new Zones if they retain their Level 98 requirement.

Last edited:
According to THIS Page on Wowhead (Legion DB, filtered by 98-99, Poor > Rare) there are a total of about 130 items of iLvL 660+ that 98's may have access to come Aug 30th. Just about all the original Green BoE's can no longer be found (they were iLvL 800) and instead it shows iLvL 785 on the actual item Page but 660 on the master list. It's anyone's guess as to what the actual iLvL will be at 99 but I can say that it seems if you gain the Upgrade Bonus it boosts by 15 iLvLs.

Just about all of those items are listed as World Rare drops and with the new Scaling tech, all Characters 98+ should be able to loot all Legion Rares and actually equip the items they drop as they would scale to that Character.

I'm going to change my prediction that 98/99's would be capable of hitting ~740 iLvL (with WoD (3) Crafting limit removed like Blizz original stated & 800 BoE Green off-pcs) and adjust that to ~710 iLvL for 98/99's as being the upper end of capable equip.

Well, I checked Legion dungeons in "Adventure Guide" on my 99 and it showed ilvl 695, so those world drop items should be probably same ilvl. With 15 ilvl upgrade, we will be able to get 710ilvl in majority of slots.

yeah but honestly whats the point if the MH/OH combo give the same stats as the staff, i could use my 615 timewalking trinket instead of the 605 but since the effects dont matter i might as well get base int instead of crit.

The PvP Template is prioritizing 1H/OH at a higher value than a 2H currently. This is the case at least for low Level Brackets as we see higher Stats with a Wand/OH than we do with even a high iLvL 2H (like something GF'd).

either way i do just as much damage as any other fire mages in bgs regardless of gear dont i?
In theory yes, but in practice we're finding that iLvL does actually matter and the PvP Template gives more Stats to a 1H/OH combo than it does to a 2H. There's a bunch of other factors that haven't been fully figured out yet like Stats per Class per Spec and Weapon Speed. Although Weapon speed has been found to exceed iLvL in Damage for Physical Dmg Classes (sorry Casters).

Long story short, a standard Leveler in the 90-99 Bracket will have a PvP Template based roughly on iLvL 600, then to a lesser extent their Class and even Spec. A 91+ Twink however will exceed this 600 iLvL to some degree and thus gain Stats over the average Player.

Whether or not a 99 Mage with normal Questing/BG Gear for their Level while they work on hitting 100 will exceed a 99 Twink Mage sitting in the highest iLvL possibly achievable is really up to the Player. While the Twink SHOULD do higher damage, that doesn't mean they WILL do higher damage.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/Joints/advanced thats the best possible setup i can imagine for my mage at the moment, blows cause my int gets cut in half in pvp.

In theory yes, but in practice we're finding that iLvL does actually matter and the PvP Template gives more Stats to a 1H/OH combo than it does to a 2H. There's a bunch of other factors that haven't been fully figured out yet like Stats per Class per Spec and Weapon Speed. Although Weapon speed has been found to exceed iLvL in Damage for Physical Dmg Classes (sorry Casters).

Long story short, a standard Leveler in the 90-99 Bracket will have a PvP Template based roughly on iLvL 600, then to a lesser extent their Class and even Spec. A 91+ Twink however will exceed this 600 iLvL to some degree and thus gain Stats over the average Player.

Whether or not a 99 Mage with normal Questing/BG Gear for their Level while they work on hitting 100 will exceed a 99 Twink Mage sitting in the highest iLvL possibly achievable is really up to the Player. While the Twink SHOULD do higher damage, that doesn't mean they WILL do higher damage.
What ur saying is absolutely correct @Stump

Well, I checked Legion dungeons in "Adventure Guide" on my 99 and it showed ilvl 695, so those world drop items should be probably same ilvl. With 15 ilvl upgrade, we will be able to get 710ilvl in majority of slots.

I've extensively tested my 99 on the beta. Here's what I've found:
Artifact weapons can be obtained but only one spec's (so choose wisely) and upgraded to a maximum of iLevel 762. You can unlock potentially all artifact traits.
The dungeon gear has no change of upgrading (ability to upgrade for dungeon gear is indicated by iLevel+ if you look at the legion heroics.

Also yes you can get the iLevel 800 pieces.

Last edited:
I've tested the upgrades on Beta. They upgrade to iLevel 708. Also yes you can get the iLevel 800 pieces.
While I 100% believe that you got what you said, it's on Beta and MANY things change between Beta and live. Blizz even stated in the original Patch Notes for 7.0 (the one prior to 7.0 hitting) that they were removing the WoD (3) Crafting limit. They even changed their minds from that Blue to the one the day it went Live on July 19th. Now it says Legion Crafting limit has been removed.

It's entirely possible that 98-99's will have access to the 800 iLvL BoE's once Legion drops, and it's also entirely possible that Blizz will place a 108+ Level requirement on them the day Legion goes Live. We just can't say for sure until it's Live Aug 30th (or whenever the Servers are stable enough to play after that day's DT).

Users who are viewing this thread