EU+US How are you choosing gear?

Lyrics

Grandfathered
Got my rogue to 99 a couple days ago, and I'm trying to figure out gear now. (Horde-US if anyone is looking for a BG buddy)

I decided to go with 2 crafted daggers (I play ass), rerolled til I got them to the versa/mastery stats and upgraded both to 705. I see the WoD PvP trinkets seem to be popular, so I bought one with honor I built up while leveling, but the queue was forever long last night, so I'm using the heirloom PvP trinket with it until I have more honor.

I'm guessing I want sub-600 shoulders and legs so I can use the chants on them? How is everyone deciding gear? I see that mastery and versatility seem to be the main stats for rogues right now, but I have no gearing strategy yet. Ran Ulduar for my xmog dagger (didn't drop) and kept all the rogue gear in case I decide to use some.

Anyway...how'd you decide on gear? Is there really BiS for this bracket?

I think you can only use 3 crafted items per toon, not sure tho

Yes, it's 3 crafted, but I thought I read somewhere that offhands didn't count against that? I'm not sure, have to do more research on that. Going to run some dungeons and see what I can get out of them, looking at the 99s in the armory list, most of them have an average ilevel of over 600, and seem to have a lot of 600 ilevel dungeon gear.

There's only 2 OH's that don't count, the Shield and the caster OH. For iLvL 600 stuff, try for pcs with a Socket and put the +75 in it. It'll probably take you forever to get the Socket to proc with just the right stat combo but that's the best way, especially for Belt (Belt HAS to be exactly iLvL 600 to get 2 +75 Gems in it). Anything that procs Tertiary with Speed on it is great as Leech won't be enough to keep you alive without additional Heals. The only thing else that really matters for Tertiary is a socket.

Outside of that, for PvE you generally want the highest iLvL possible, which was around 644 for Shaman/Pally/Warrior (with Shield) and Casters (with OH) but that's slightly higher now since some of that can be upgrade 10 iLvL. For PvP it varies greatly based on whether you are going Glass, have Pocket Heals all the time, FC, etc. Look into SoO Mythic 2/4 set, the Legendary Daggers from Cata, the PvP Trinkets you already mentioned, etc. For PvP there are also a ton of older shit (like Vanilla/TBC older) that has very interesting procs that can make you stupidly OP with the right temp buffs.

You can try and check the Blizz Forums as the LvL 99 Twink Gear scaling list shows up now and again, until Blizz locks it due to idiots hijacking each and every single one of those threads.

Imo your 3 should be weapons and agi proc trinket all 6 of 6. Get the Aquamarine Signet of Agility as well too. I'm not sure what else rogues use, I'm thinking of leveling mine so I'll figure it out but as of now idk.

I found out today it's a real shame that rogues don't benefit from bonus armor, I was going for godly FC set.

You like the 705 trinket better than the 15% dmg reduction from the WoD 2 trinket bonus? That looks pretty appealing since we can't get the bonus from the Draenor trinkets

That level 60 rogue set that, combined with glyph, gives you a thirty second vanish CD is pretty dope

Users who are viewing this thread