EU+US [HELP] Mage

Buffa.

Grandfathered
Hello people!
I've recently made a 101 twink, Specifically an arcane mage.
The problem tho is that I feel like she is too weak, I've been trying to solo legion dungeons.
But the problem is that im too weak.
Heres my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Polarfrost/advanced
Here is my character info: http://imgur.com/7w9WlPq
Generally Im doing around 150k dps, and im not able to survive at all, I pull a few mobs and my life is going down like crazy.
Im pretty unfamiliar with arcane mage, anyone got suggestions?

-Regards Buffa.

You need to get some leech gear if you're having trouble surviving :)
Not for legion dungeons, I mean it is nice to have but you don't need it to clear everything, just pull less mobs.

Generally Im doing around 150k dps, and im not able to survive at all, I pull a few mobs and my life is going down like crazy.
Im pretty unfamiliar with arcane mage, anyone got suggestions?
150k dps sounds really low for that gear. Single Target you should already hit 400k+ dps for legion bosses. AoE depends ...

You only have 5 traits in your weapon, go respec it. The first golden trait you want to take is Touch of the Magi. It is the weakest trait of them all in theory BUT for a solo player who uses mirror images 99% of the time (get used to them, they are awesome for a couple reasons) it is the best burst talent you can pick. And it procs of your mirror images too. Which is the reason why you pick this golden trait first and as a combination mirror images. Mirror images can tank for you for a short amount of time, if you have leech you can heal them with it. And they do quite a good amount of damage. ~10-14% for most single target fights. Touch of the Magi normally does around 20% of my damage in those situations.

Leech is great, yes. The better your gear the less you need. Run Kazzak each week for the trinket. And buy ~2 items with leech. If you don't do draenor raids solo 15% leech is a good start. If your gear gets better you don't need that much anymore. I'm running ~9.45% (80 leech rating = 1% healing) leech atm for the things I do and it is more than enough. Mythic Draenor Dungeons, Pandaria Raids Heroic ... no problem clearing that.

In legion dungeons, if you take too much damage then cc a mob, kite the others with frost nova and / or slow and as an oh shit button pop your mirror images. If you tell in more detail where you have trouble then I can try to help for those specific situations.

My Talents:
  • Amplification
  • Slipstream
  • Mirror Image
  • Charged Up
  • Chrono Shift
  • Unstable Magic
  • Overpowered

My Artifact Weapon:
  • Might of the Guardians
  • Blasting Rod
  • Aegwynn's Imperative
  • Aegwynn's Fury
  • Everywhere At Once
  • Touch of the Magi
  • Force Barrier

In legion dungeons, if you take too much damage then cc a mob, kite the others

Wouldn't the whole point of making twinks be to avoid doing this?

The Kazzak Leech trinket is actually awful as it's only useful benefit is a little bit of leech no DPS increase, speed is very minor if you already have a piece with it and Avoidance is useless when using leech. You'd be much better off just picking up BoE's with leech.

As for Aelobin's comment the answer is not "Pull less" you would stick to your main if that was the reasoning.

To OP, Get yourself 10% leech. Learn your abilities and what ones you should be prioritizing, DoTs a extremely handy for large pulls with leech. Last but not least practice, explore what you can do, I never used to pull every mob to the boss but once I tried it and did it successfully without problem learning the routine it's what I always do now. If it helps I average 400-500k dps for at least Nelth Lair I know forsure, but probably similar for the others.

Last edited:
Hello and thanks for the great reply!
Let me just clarify that my average DPS throughout a whole legion dungeon was 150k, Im probably way higher at single target hehe!
I will definetly try out mirror image, I havent since it felt like Incanter's flow would be a more stable throughout a whole dungeon. My goal is to be able to dungeonboost, since it seems like great fun! But feels like I do too low damage, I could get my health drop down loads from just a pack of 4 mobs. But as stated im pretty unfamiliar with arcane, And seems its pretty hard with not enough defensive abilites sadly, Nor any heal of a kind.
Kinda feels like I picked the wrong class sadly... I will try out change artifact traits too and gather more, ofcourse!
Solo boss fight I havent been able to try out solo yet, but I will!

Wouldn't the whole point of making twinks be to avoid doing this?
He was talking about soloing legion dungeons on his 796 toon. With way more gear you're right. Pull everything from start to boss, bomb and go on ... you will need a shit ton of leech as a mage for that.

The Kazzak Leech trinket is actually awful as it's only useful benefit is a little bit of leech no DPS increase, speed is very minor if you already have a piece with it and Avoidance is useless when using leech. You'd be much better off just picking up BoE's with leech.
Not really. It depends on what you are doing. And you forgot the passive int on it. SFF isn't good for AoE situations for example.

DoTs a extremely handy for large pulls with leech.
OP is Arcane, we don't have any DoTs baseline. (Artifact ability doesn't count and Nether Tempest is too weak, sadly.)

Just my input, is that mirror image is really weak compared to RoP, i only did 1 small test
Rune of Power is only useful in certain static situations. If you have to move it gets weaker and weaker. So Incanter's Flow it is ... if you have a healer in your back or don't need that ST burst. Or in other words, Mirror Images are way better than people think. I was suprised myself because I only took it for a boss fight which I couldn't solo without them. After that fight I tried them out in all type of situations, now I am in lovw with them and TotM loves themm too. :)

My goal is to be able to dungeonboost, since it seems like great fun! But feels like I do too low damage, I could get my health drop down loads from just a pack of 4 mobs. But as stated im pretty unfamiliar with arcane, And seems its pretty hard with not enough defensive abilites sadly, Nor any heal of a kind.
Kinda feels like I picked the wrong class sadly
For dungeon boost Arcane is pretty weak tbh. All we have is spamming arcane explosion. It hits hard with 4 charges but you go oom quite fast and we don't really have good defense mechanisms for those runs.

So, I just got my lego shoulders and wanted to give it a go. Pulled the first NINE groups in Darkheart Thicket and AoEd them down.
Ohter classes perform way better but still happy that it was doable. So not that bad after all.

60xu5vo.png

It's recommended to get at least 10% leech, you wouldn't be able to get killed at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread