EU+US Getting from 100 to 101?

jobu

Grandfathered
I bumped into some posts in other topics about what to do, what not to do once you hit 100 and are getting to 101. Tell me if I recall correctly please.

- Get artifact weapon
- Run dungeons
- Don't do quests until you hit 101?

Thanks! Trying not to screw up my upgrade to 100. Wish there was a comprehensive guide on setting up the twink.

On a side note scored 3 pieces of gear which I think are a good deal.
Sockets better than iLvl right?

Aethrynn's Everwarm Chestplate 835 w socket - 22k
Claud's War-Ravaged Boots 835 w socket - 25k
Fists of Thane Kray-Tan 835 with speed - 6k probably gonna resell for socket

I bumped into some posts in other topics about what to do, what not to do once you hit 100 and are getting to 101. Tell me if I recall correctly please.

- Get artifact weapon
- Run dungeons
- Don't do quests until you hit 101?

Thanks! Trying not to screw up my upgrade to 100. Wish there was a comprehensive guide on setting up the twink.

On a side note scored 3 pieces of gear which I think are a good deal.
Sockets better than iLvl right?

Aethrynn's Everwarm Chestplate 835 w socket - 22k
Claud's War-Ravaged Boots 835 w socket - 25k
Fists of Thane Kray-Tan 835 with speed - 6k probably gonna resell for socket
If it was only 6k you had a good deal lol

I always do Valsharah first because almost all teh rewards basically suck, especially the artifact relics. All you have to worry about there is maybe the last relic and shoulders/bracers? Whatever slots you'll fill with end-zone 800 or BoE are irrelevant quest reward items. Do all the bonus zone quests you come across, not only for the XP but also the resources - and they do not reward items.

1/2 way thru valsharah and you should easily be 101. If you come to the ysera quest with a blue shoulder/boot reward maybe do something else to hit 101 first in case of upgrade. That's really it.

edit- even if you get those shoulders early, there's other shoulders out there - and a high ilvl shoulder or bracer reward from the lights heart questline scenario. Maybe crafted epic procs too, they're 725 ilvl and probably better than an epic upgrade anyway... especially if you can find some with proper stats on them. Quest rewards arent always so good.

My 102 DK procced epic on those light's heart shoulders and they were 733, so 725 crafted should be perfectly fine for 101.

Last edited:
To hit 101 without sacrificing any possible Gear you can:
  • Do ANY Legion Quest that doesn't offer Gear or Relics as a reward.
  • Kill ANY Legion Rare that doesn't have loot for your Armor Class, or off-pcs.
  • Complete ALL Bonus Areas in Legion.
  • Loot ALL Treasures in Legion (just save the AP item for 101).
  • PvP (Gear from the Crates is unaffected by the first Tier Class Order Hall Upgrade).
  • Do ANY of the 4 Legion Dungeons (any Gear dropped is unaffected by the first Tier Class Order Hall Upgrade).
  • Complete ALL Bonus Areas in WoD (still give surprisingly good XP).
  • Loot ALL Treasures in WoD (still give surprisingly good XP).
  • Grind out Mobs to Skin in Legion.
I've probably missed a few ways to level but TBH, you can push from 100 > 101 in such a short time is doesn't really matter what you do, except completing Quests or killing Rares that offer Gear for your Class.

Last edited:
A bit paranoid the first time of getting an item now that I need later. Lol. Been running random draenor dungs. Zzzzz...

Thanks guys!

Very informative

Not really sure why everyone is making a big deal out of saving quests for when you hit 101 - the only rewards that matter are relics, which there's 15 of. Made a spreadsheet and a macro to check which quests you've completed here.

Just work your way through the main zone quests for the ilvl 800 items that you need for your class and stop when you reach any that offer relics, and move zone or do bonus objectives after that. You can fill the rest of the non-BoE slots with 715 crafted gear until you get your hands on some decent HFC drops.

the only rewards that matter are relics, which there's 15 of.

the lowest of those are still crap even when you proc epic, makes them equal ilvl to the blue ones later. Unless you love the trait, they're worthless beyond leveling or getting an epic and not getting lucky with the better ones.

Also, not everyone has mythic arch runs set up every week... those quest rewards and crafts are their BiS.

the lowest of those are still crap even when you proc epic, makes them equal ilvl to the blue ones later. Unless you love the trait, they're worthless beyond leveling or getting an epic and not getting lucky with the better ones.

Also, not everyone has mythic arch runs set up every week... those quest rewards and crafts are their BiS.
Aye the green relics are only worth it if you get unlucky with the blue ones not proccing epic or if a specific trait is more powerful than ilvl.

As for the other gear, what I meant was it's not gonna make or break your twink in the long run (since it's not "best in slot") so the OP shouldn't worry about it - just get to 101 and enjoy the bracket :p

To hit 101 without sacrificing any possible Gear you can:
  • Do ANY Legion Quest that doesn't offer Gear or Relics as a reward.
  • Kill ANY Legion Rare that doesn't have loot for your Armor Class, or off-pcs.
  • Complete ALL Bonus Areas in Legion.
  • Loot ALL Treasures in Legion (just save the AP item for 101).
  • PvP (Gear from the Crates is unaffected by the first Tier Class Order Hall Upgrade).
  • Do ANY of the 4 Legion Dungeons (any Gear dropped is unaffected by the first Tier Class Order Hall Upgrade).
  • Complete ALL Bonus Areas in WoD (still give surprisingly good XP).
  • Loot ALL Treasures in WoD (still give surprisingly good XP).
  • Grind out Mobs to Skin in Legion.
I've probably missed a few ways to level but TBH, you can push from 100 > 101 in such a short time is doesn't really matter what you do, except completing Quests or killing Rares that offer Gear for your Class.

I agree with DeLindsay on all of this and let me add one thing. Depending on how fast you plan on getting geared, or how patient you are, then you could do the WoD heroic daily dungeons or LFR's for Valor Points ahead of time. If I plan on using WoD crafted items, like a Eng trinket, or BOE mythic HFC boots, etc, they can be upgraded twice for 250 VP each level so I do WoD heroic dungeon dailies over 5 days (since LFR queue times suck) while I hunt for gear so I can have the gear already upgraded when I hit 101. You can always run mythics for more later but this is something I usually do before hitting 101 until I replace those items with something from HFC.

Users who are viewing this thread