EU+US Get Your Fleet Commander's Hat Now

Mocha

Legendary
Currently (and this has been the case for awhile now) The Fleet Commander hats are able to be picked up account wide on every toon (even low level twinks) and they are cosmetic so they can be used for xmog.

Fleet Commander's Hat

Now this is something that I speculate COULD become grandfathered as the Captain's Hat is not account wide yet this particular one is. Oddly enough, you must currently complete the achievement twice on the same account in order for the hats to be mailed out on your entire account. This clearly is not working as intended in one way or another.

If you have not gotten them, it would be a big mistake to miss out in the event that they become no longer available to low level twinks. Surely, the transmog overhaul may reduce some barriers limiting our transmogrification abilities, but best grab these items now just in case. To my knowledge, this item being account wide is not intended, and having only one item account wide whilst the other is not is also not intended.

Thank you, i wondered how to get these and will try tonight :)

I think you get it on every char because the achivement is account wide, but some of the naval missions don't count for characters below lvl 100, that is why, you have to complete more rare naval missions than what is actually needed

Now this is something that I speculate COULD become grandfathered as the Captain's Hat is not account wide yet this particular one is.

You can get the Captain's Hat by earning the achievement on your main account while you have your WoW1 trial or whatever merged accounts logged in at the same time. Thats how I got it on my 20 vet :p

I got it on my main 100 account and all of my subsequent linked accounts/toons were able to retrieve the hat on either faction.
You do not need to the meta achievement twice, at least from my experience.

Admittedly, I was a bit bummed when the Captain's hat was BoP.

I have seen a few people on BH with the Commander's Hat running around.

I can only speculate that it is account wide because of a couple factors. A.) the equipment unlocks are account wide now. And B.) the RNG factor of some of the missions. Unless Blizzard changes their mind on making this achievement account wide, I don't think we have to worry about it being grandfathered. The only thing they could possibly do, would put a level requirement on it.

Last edited:
Confirmed, happened to me today. When I first got the achievement, the hat was only sent to my main. When I completed another rare mission later the same day, however, it was sent to the rest of my characters.

Users who are viewing this thread