Gear for Level 29s?

hank343

Grandfathered
Sorry for all the noob questions but I'm wondering what BiS gear looks like for the 20-29 bracket. I see a lot of people have "fel-infused" gear. Where does this come from and what else would I need to be BiS?

Thanks a lot!

Fel gear was only available during the legion launch event and is no longer attainable. For everything else:
https://xpoff.com/threads/29s-gear-and-consumables-index-legion-update.213/

Thanks for responding. What is the purpose of all of the pieces of gear that don't have any stats on them? Is it just so you can put a high level enchant on them? It seems weird that those should take priority over pieces of gear that help raise your stats. I'm planning on making a frost mage. Should I just follow the guide you linked and enchant versatility on all of those pieces?

Thanks for responding. What is the purpose of all of the pieces of gear that don't have any stats on them? Is it just so you can put a high level enchant on them? It seems weird that those should take priority over pieces of gear that help raise your stats. I'm planning on making a frost mage. Should I just follow the guide you linked and enchant versatility on all of those pieces?

Stats are streamlined based on class and spec. You'll receive a small boost in stats based on your ilvl. Enchants don't work in bgs. If anything, just have all your slots filled and you'll be set.

Stats are streamlined based on class and spec. You'll receive a small boost in stats based on your ilvl. Enchants don't work in bgs. If anything, just have all your slots filled and you'll be set.

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you!

I tried increasing my iLevel with some gear but it basically had no effect on my health or stats in BGs. Does gear basically just not matter anymore?

I tried increasing my iLevel with some gear but it basically had no effect on my health or stats in BGs. Does gear basically just not matter anymore?
You need to lift ur iLvl by a certain amount before u see the first increase. I'm not sure about 29's, but for 20's ur base iLvl is 25. U need to get it up to about 32 or so to see ur first stat increase, and even then it's like +1 to some stats.
At about 40 u start to get +2 to a few stats while others are still +1.
So gear does have a very limited effect at this level, and u need it to be quite high to notice any difference.

You need to lift ur iLvl by a certain amount before u see the first increase. I'm not sure about 29's, but for 20's ur base iLvl is 25. U need to get it up to about 32 or so to see ur first stat increase, and even then it's like +1 to some stats.
At about 40 u start to get +2 to a few stats while others are still +1.
So gear does have a very limited effect at this level, and u need it to be quite high to notice any difference.

Okay, I understand now. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread