US Friends and I are looking for server

mattqdean

Grandfathered
  1. We were wondering if there's a "designated" server for F2P/veterans. If it exists, what is it for Alliance and Horde? Found the answer. Apologies.
  2. We are also interested in joining the "loser" faction for BGs for faster queue times. If it exists, which side is it?
  3. My friends are playing: surv, disc, boomkin. I was thinking about being in charge of CC and off-healing. Would a shaman be optimal here?
Thank you guys!

Last edited:
A buddy and I have started recruiting for our guild on Aerie Peak Horde. We are becoming active. Would give you people to que with.

<Nagaz with Attitudez>.

@Waves, I am seriously considering ret now. Looked at some videos and it seems fun and viable. One thing that was concerning was its mobility. Paladin seems to have lost level 15 movement speed talents. For our composition - surv, disc, boomkin - would you say off-healing/CC is the best choice? Do you recommend any other class?

@Hashbrowns , this will be strictly level 20. I think looking at the talents, shaman is not such a viable choice at level 20 as I had initially thought. I was thinking about playing a lock actually, but I felt that off-healing plus CC was better value for our composition than DPS and CC.

@Burg, thanks. Yes, we're debating between AP and BH. Will let you know if we decide on AP - won't be playing until Thanksgiving break.

To all, does actually joining the losing faction help with faster queues? Is it pretty much 50/50 win ratio between the two factions?

Last edited:
@mattqdean Survival/Disc/Boomkin would almost undoubtedly see success in arena. They have insane burst potential. However, ret/surv/disc would be slightly stronger because ret is tankier, has a strong defensive cooldown, stronger offheals, and arguably bigger burst, and a 6 second stun! I think it really boils down to your personal preference because both comps are definitely solid. Hope I helped

Yea rets offheals are very strong. Shaman still has one of the only interrupts in the bracket and the CD is pretty low. Ranged slow totem is really nice. The damage is OK, you can get some decent burst by chaining a lava lash into a high stacked earth shock. Lock has some nice pressure with UA but bracket probably doesn't dispell much. Fear is strong, DRs quick though. Haunt hits like a truck.

Its always great playing the underdog faction, keeps it balanced. Might help Qs, not sure. That would be alliance I would say...

If you roll horde we'd love to have you guys on AP. I would say BE or Tauren are the strongest races; interrupt or ~300 more health. And if you play caster use a wand^

Users who are viewing this thread