EU+US Feel stupid for asking but...

tøhzt

Legend
Can someone please explain to me the in's and out's of a 101 account?
I'm really intrigued why people play and am very tempted to make one myself and just want to know
the benefits they gain and why people make them etc?

Thanks

Can someone please explain to me the in's and out's of a 101 account?
I'm really intrigued why people play and am very tempted to make one myself and just want to know
the benefits they gain and why people make them etc?

Thanks
for pve and world pvp. secondary stats scale higher. the same amount of haste at level 101 might give 50% but at 109 it might be 10%. 101s have access to the same boes as 109s, so they get huge secondary stat %s. nothing special in instanced pvp

The main draw to 101s is how overpowered their stats are from using BoEs with the same ilvl as 110 gear. We haven't seen these kind of stats since level 80s got the 409 items in MoP (which was nerfed in the item squish).

If I'm honest though (and this is just my opinion), the novelty wears off pretty quick since there isn't much to actually do on them besides world pvp (miss-miss-miss vs 110s), soloing old content (which decently geared 110s can do anyway), and the same 4 normal dungeons over and over again (plz no more Neltharion's Lair).

Don't get me wrong though, I love my 101s and don't want to discourage anyone from making one, just make sure you know what you're gonna do on it before you pour loads of gold/time into it.

The main draw to 101s is how overpowered their stats are from using BoEs with the same ilvl as 110 gear. We haven't seen these kind of stats since level 80s got the 409 items in MoP (which was nerfed in the item squish).

If I'm honest though (and this is just my opinion), the novelty wears off pretty quick since there isn't much to actually do on them besides world pvp (miss-miss-miss vs 110s), soloing old content (which decently geared 110s can do anyway), and the same 4 normal dungeons over and over again (plz no more Neltharion's Lair).

Don't get me wrong though, I love my 101s and don't want to discourage anyone from making one, just make sure you know what you're gonna do on it before you pour loads of gold/time into it.

if you enjoy the op stats, do you play 10s?

10s are clearly much cheaper tho :^)
I was quick to 'Like' your comment but remembering how much Cash I've spent on my 10's over the 8+ years I'm not so sure. You have Race changes, Name changes, Faction changes (multiple times), Realm changes (to get AGM's & win BBFT, before CRZ), TCG items for their Bling, etc. Not to mention the hundreds of hours spent on a single 10 running around getting insane Consumables like Crystal Focus in TBC, and the literally Thousands of Gold spent buying high level carries to get such things. All of those hours could've been spent earning Gold instead of spending it.

That said, NEW 10's cost basically nothing while NEW 101's cost 50-100K+, so in that sense you are absolutely correct.

I was quick to 'Like' your comment but remembering how much Cash I've spent on my 10's over the 8+ years I'm not so sure. You have Race changes, Name changes, Faction changes (multiple times), Realm changes (to get AGM's & win BBFT, before CRZ), TCG items for their Bling, etc. Not to mention the hundreds of hours spent on a single 10 running around getting insane Consumables like Crystal Focus in TBC, and the literally Thousands of Gold spent buying high level carries to get such things. All of those hours could've been spent earning Gold instead of spending it.

That said, NEW 10's cost basically nothing while NEW 101's cost 50-100K+, so in that sense you are absolutely correct.

While I lack much knowledge about 10s, most of that seems unneccesary. My main twink doesnt have tcg items, i make my consumables on my 110, and get most of my runs from friends.
Name/race/ect changes doesnt seem needed. But i assume you're talking specifically from your PoV

Correct, all the actual money spent on 10's, or 19's, etc (an for the most part in the past) is generally from a personal stand point. Pre-Legion Invasions you had to Faction change (twice) per Character if you wanted to stay the Faction you made the Twink on in order to get BiS Gear. Prior to CRZ, if you were on a High Pop Realm you could forget getting AGM's without lots of help, often times coming at high cost, unless you Realm changed to a Low Pop to get it, then Realm changed back to your home Realm. The list goes on, but back in TBC when I start Twinking there were tons of actual money cost to Twinking.

a competent twink would know to start on the opposite faction you want it to be (same for low pop realm -> high pop for agm) so you dont have to double change

a competent twink would know to start on the opposite faction you want it to be (same for low pop realm -> high pop for agm) so you dont have to double change
Even if you did that with all your low level Twinks, you STILL have to pay for changes which cost real money.

are any of the hidden weapon skins obtainable at 99,101 or 109?
We're still trying to figure that out. There are a few of us doing the WB each week on our Twinks to see if it's possible, as well as Curious Coins and whatever else that will drop, like I don't know, maybe a LEGENDARY... Sorry, I had to @Shunkley

It's a novelty to me. Just for fun and farming when I'm bored on my 110s. Like others have said they are OP af in broken isles due to secondary stat scaling and BOE gear intended for lvl 110 but usable at 101. I don't regret the 600k or so i dumped into it all things considered. What is the point of farming/acquiring wealth in the game if you don't spend it somewhere.

We're still trying to figure that out. There are a few of us doing the WB each week on our Twinks to see if it's possible, as well as Curious Coins and whatever else that will drop, like I don't know, maybe a LEGENDARY... Sorry, I had to @Shunkley

....... :(

To address the original question there's two nice things.

1. I can act like a druid without being a druid for farming things (herbalism for me). I'm trying to get a full speed set for it, but with ghost wolf I'll be faster then ground mounts (and thus faster then a skygolem that I'm too lazy to farm though I'm willing to run neltharions lair till my eyes bleed).

2. As the community grows, hopefully we can mess around and get some 101 raids to see if we can't do world bosses during off hours and other silly things. I think there are plenty of avenues for things to do from a PvE standpoint. Speed runs + leader boards, 101 raids to kill the world bosses, who can solo different things, or solo it the fastest.

Users who are viewing this thread