EU+US Farming Levelers Out of Existence

Conq

These days so much has changed in Legion, many games we are lucky enough to have a healthy amount of "twinks" (if they can be called that, I think "xp off player" is a more accurate term now), yet some games are just filled with levelers who can on not-so-rare occasion be one-shot, so this makes me think back to the good ol' days of Vanilla and TBC, where many games were half twinks, half levelers, that is essentially what it is in Legion, thinking that far back evokes feelings of nostalgia but also thoughts of reflection, where are we now? where did we use to be way back? and what is similar? I think "why did I start twinking" the answer is easy for me, I didn't want to level so I started doing BGs, I saw a twink named vinsang, a rogue who destroyed entire teams and wanted to be like that guy, so I stayed at level 29 and twinked, then i take it a step further and say "why did I keep twinking" and it's because I saw more people experiencing the same thing, they didn't want to level, and they wanted to destroy noobs, this thought process is what gave birth to twinking, so now I ask myself what can we, twinks in 2017, who crave competition, yet know we are with levelers now, do to recapture the former glory of TBC? I say we farm, we let wargames be wargames but we farm levelers out of existence, we force them to either twink by letting it be the only way to compete, we inspire them to be like us as we did back in the old days, or force them stop queuing cause there is no point if they can't get the experience their after, we reclaim our bracket by GY farming. this isn't a closed bracket anymore, we must adapt. I'd like to hear your guys thoughts.

I started in the 19 bracket pvp back in 2004, all pvp was in realm we played against each other in guldan and there was, at the time 1 twink horde side none that I knew of on Alliance. The guys name was Vomitus 19 undead rogue, I made a 19 NE rogue named funkchinaman (was supposed to be a refrence to 'everybody was kung-fu fighting' there was a line in the song about a funky china man from a funky china town.) It was a terrible twink tbh, played it for a bit between my senior year in HS and starting my college career I took a break for some time while at college. I was inspired by Vomitus because he was badass, but also because I wanted to win. Specifically i wanted to beat him. He could kill or 3 guys all by himself (twinking in our realm was limited because it was so uncommon the knowledge of what all the BiS stuff just wasnt there.) The reason I kept playing was not that I murdered everyone that I saw, it was because when I entered a game people knew who i was and cheered. It was because the alliance knew that they could win if i was there. Que times are finally playable again because those xpon peeps are playing with us. Also the fact that there are people to squash like bugs, if that is your draw, is because those xpon peeps are playing. I have no problem with twinks smashing through games and one shotting people but if we make an experience that is unplayable for anyone else by anyone else by gy camping forever you are not going to see inspired people who want to make twinks and join our community you will see resentful people who simply do not que. I have always believed that you should play your hardest, and get every advantage you can as a twink. I also believe that if you want to be the guy that inspires others to do so as well you do it with efficient, intelligent, goal focused play, not flexing in front of a GY.

well, fuck i am completely invalidated. I remember having to run to silverwing something area to Que up forget the name of it. Used to be allot of pvp around the area because the horde Que was not far either.

Also, pretty sure the bracket was 10-20 on release? don't quite remember that either, but it was essentially the same bracket.

I have 1 rule, if u back peddle i'll spare ur life.

well, duck i am completely invalidated. I remember having to run to silverwing something area to Que up forget the name of it. Used to be allot of pvp around the area because the horde Que was not far either.
WSG came out mid 2005 yes. Before then you went to southshore/tarren mill :) - it can be hard to remember that far back, 12 years of details. Not everyone has an eidetic memory, myself included. I wish I could remember all the details, so many good times.

I started in the 19 bracket pvp back in 2004, all pvp was in realm we played against each other in guldan and there was, at the time 1 twink horde side none that I knew of on Alliance. The guys name was Vomitus 19 undead rogue, I made a 19 NE rogue named funkchinaman (was supposed to be a refrence to 'everybody was kung-fu fighting' there was a line in the song about a funky china man from a funky china town.) It was a terrible twink tbh, played it for a bit between my senior year in HS and starting my college career I took a break for some time while at college. I was inspired by Vomitus because he was badass, but also because I wanted to win. Specifically i wanted to beat him. He could kill or 3 guys all by himself (twinking in our realm was limited because it was so uncommon the knowledge of what all the BiS stuff just wasnt there.) The reason I kept playing was not that I murdered everyone that I saw, it was because when I entered a game people knew who i was and cheered. It was because the alliance knew that they could win if i was there. Que times are finally playable again because those xpon peeps are playing with us. Also the fact that there are people to squash like bugs, if that is your draw, is because those xpon peeps are playing. I have no problem with twinks smashing through games and one shotting people but if we make an experience that is unplayable for anyone else by anyone else by gy camping forever you are not going to see inspired people who want to make twinks and join our community you will see resentful people who simply do not que. I have always believed that you should play your hardest, and get every advantage you can as a twink. I also believe that if you want to be the guy that inspires others to do so as well you do it with efficient, intelligent, goal focused play, not flexing in front of a GY.

I don't disagree with most of this, but I think what you described is basically what I described, you can still win a game while farming the other team, you have to make them want to beat you, its the same thing as inspiration. Intelligent game play doesn't exist in PuGs 95% of the time and when it does no one notices besides a select few, intelligent game play isn't noticeable unless you know what to look for, in this sense it's almost an unknown unkown, we have to make them realize there is an element to the game they may not be aware of that is allowing such a landslide of a game, we have to make it impossible to ignore the difference between us and them, and make them realize that there is an us and a them, the first step to solving a problem is admitting there is one, what i'm saying is essentially same concept.

OP comp stacking is a danger we run in this method but that danger exists regardless, and it is not lethal towards the objective, it is actually just an annoyance, OP classes come and go, the twinking community remains.

And then they noticed how broken it was to meet people who got their level 30/40/50 abilities and were by default superior by a large margin - so they changed it x)

And then they noticed how broken it was to meet people who got their level 30/40/50 abilities and were by default superior by a large margin - so they changed it x)
again, and again, and again, and again...........................................................................................................................................................................................(this marks the end of time)

I say we farm, we let wargames be wargames but we farm levelers out of existence, we force them to either twink by letting it be the only way to compete, we inspire them to be like us as we did back in the old days, or force them stop queuing cause there is no point if they can't get the experience their after, we reclaim our bracket by GY farming.
My view is that we will not inspire people to make a twink if all we do is farm noobs. If we (the twinks) want to inspire and impress people so they would join us, we have to show more than the ability to one-shot and farm GYs. We have to coordinate the gameplay, focus EFCs,defend our FC, focus healers, call incs, carry games, give advice to people who want to get better and so on. We want to be the leader of the team so everyone else looks up to us, wants to be us. I think actions like returning a flag when 90% of the remaining group is PvP'ing in mid truly makes you a twink rather than just a fotm. Sure, if I did not know better I would be impressed by some sh deleting people in bgs. I might try it out. But are we really aiming at recruiting that kind of people? I'd say no, but that's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread