EU+US Enhance Shaman - Terror or Artifact Weapons?

Changzu

Buk Lau
So I been thinking;

What's better..

The Tremendous Tankard O' Terror's are ilvl 810 (40+ ilvls higher then artifact weapons) with 1.247 DPS, are they better then the artifact weapons?

Any of you enchance shaman's tried both to see with which one you deal more dps?

I'd like to know, because if the terror's are better I might get artifact for ele off-spec.

dunno bout numbers, but artifact is definitely more fun since you get extra ability and traits to level. although off spec as enhance with the tankards is perfectly viable. the other way round would depend how much you actually enjoy each spec. you might not find it as fun gaining artifact power for an off spec

Whatever traits you go for, I would think that the artifact weapons will be significantly better than the tankards, especially if you manage to get the Archimonde class trinket that increases windfury damage. Combined with the artifact abiility, I imagine that combo would absolutely destroy anything nearby.

It doesn't take too much effort to get ~13 traits and for enhancement shaman that grants you access to one of the golden traits, Doom Wolves. My artifact progression is linked here. More importantly, it gives you a path to get the big value traits like Wind Strikes (quite frequently get 100% uptime on the 30% attack speed), Stormflurry (amazing when it procs) and I'm working slowly towards Raging Storms, which should be very frequently activated at current haste ratings.

I've avoided Doom Vortex as I don't use Lava Lash enough, and it's the same distance from Raging Storms which I anticipate would be much higher value. The dream would be to make it all the way to Unleash Doom.

Yeah I figured, I was having seconds thoughts due to the massive ilvl jump, but i'll be getting the artifact weapons and just get hfc weapons for secondary specs. Thanks for the input. I indeed haven't checked the trait's, now I did they seem to look pretty neat. I'll get to at least trait 13 and compare DPS then for future ref.

My shaman is 101 and equiped, i'll farm trait 13 on sunday and do a few dps tests to see how it goes.

Right now I had Terror's on Nelth's final boss, ended up with 364k dps, on Eye of Azshara's last boss with arifacts I ended up with 417k.. but different bosses, so can't compare, and 0 trait's at the moment.

Will keep you guys up to date, but I have a big feeling that as mentioned above, artifacts gonna be way better. ^^

Yeah I figured, I was having seconds thoughts due to the massive ilvl jump, but i'll be getting the artifact weapons and just get hfc weapons for secondary specs. Thanks for the input. I indeed haven't checked the trait's, now I did they seem to look pretty neat. I'll get to at least trait 13 and compare DPS then for future ref.

Strangely enough, item level isn't always king due to stat distribution on available armor. It normally is, but I did target dummy tests for Mir's Enthralling Grasp (835) vs. Earthguard Gloves (800, Highmountain story reward) and the Earthguard Gloves won each time - not by much, but enough that I'd rather have the lower item level. If we had simulated stat weights for Pawn it would make life a lot easier.

Strangely enough, item level isn't always king due to stat distribution on available armor. It normally is, but I did target dummy tests for Mir's Enthralling Grasp (835) vs. Earthguard Gloves (800, Highmountain story reward) and the Earthguard Gloves won each time - not by much, but enough that I'd rather have the lower item level. If we had simulated stat weights for Pawn it would make life a lot easier.
There's some weird breakpoint around ilvl 800 where an item's stats roughly double (expansion jump?), so you lose a big chunk of primary stats by dropping the quest rewards for BoEs of the wrong armor type. Only real reason to do so is for max leech or if stam is really valuable to you, or maybe if the BoE is ridiculously high ilvl + socket.

You can sim 101s for stat weights in SimulationCraft or AskMrRobot btw :p

I have done several tests, with the 810 BOE's I always end up between 300 and 400k DPS, with the artifact + 14 traits, I end up doing 600-950k dps on bosses. So artifact is deffo the way to go, mainly because of the 30%(+40% with relic) is OP as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread