Do slow weapons still increase ability damage?

Dorado

Grandfathered
I seem to remember there was some talk a while ago that it was removed or tuned down somehow.

Yellow attacks are normalized, which mean they ignore the speed of the weapon. But the damage your attack does still does a roll of your weapons damage range for its calculation, so the slower weapon should have a higher damage range and do more damage. Its just not going to be as big of a deal.

The big thing about BGs is it takes the speed of the weapon and applies it own templated damage range for that particular bracket. That's why 4.0 speed grays that normally do (1-2 damage) are so huge. Template takes 4.0 speed and assess a huge damage range for that speed and ignores what the weapon says. Now if you are wondering if this has been nerfed I'm not sure... that's how it worked in 7.0.

Yup still works, the blue axe that drops from crate is 3.60 speed but higher damage than the arcanite reaper, which is 3.80 speed
in bgs however I get a 20-30 damage increase in damage for all spells when I equip arcanite reaper

9KOyIb7.png

For reference, here is the Sunstrider Axe damage vs. the item level 34 (+10) invasion axe in 7.1

You might be getting general weapon speed confused with the Common Legion Blade, which got nerfed from a 5.00 weapon speed to 2.40 (+ a level requirement of 98 was added) with the 7.1 changes.

Reactions: Vor

Users who are viewing this thread