EU Describe the bracket now

Hozuka

Legend
Hey guys, long time no see.

Could you guys describe how the rating system works, I noticed the ladder on the frontage and how balanced are the twink bracket? Are there any battlegrounds popping etc?

BGs pop.

Lvl70 - 79 are mixed. Lvl70s have no chance vs lvl79, because you miss like half of your abilities.

Rets, Hunters, and Rogues seems good.

If they fix the hit chance issues it would probably be reasonably balanced.

Healers banned from 2v2, but 2v2 and 3v3 share rating so it doesn't matter. Just queue 3v3 if you want to play healer.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna keep it concise because I've had to explain this many times before.

Skirmishes have a hidden mmr so it's not completely random what you face. This hidden mmr is stored by blizzard and you can use the data to construct a ladder.

If you are planning on playing a 70 in random BG's, I suggest avoiding a caster, healers might be OK, but both the 70 Lock and 70 Mage I have tried were too squishy, and as FX said they miss more than they hit.

There are now no XP Off brackets - queues pop but I didn't enjoy the experience on a 70, diffrerent story now my lock is a 79 !

Level to 79, use as much of the 308 Cata gear from Blackrock and Throne of Tides as you can, fill the remaining slots with 283 Greens and you have a nice advantage in randoms.

If you are planning on playing a 70 in random BG's, I suggest avoiding a caster, healers might be OK, but both the 70 Lock and 70 Mage I have tried were too squishy, and as FX said they miss more than they hit.

There are now no XP Off brackets - queues pop but I didn't enjoy the experience on a 70, diffrerent story now my lock is a 79 !

Level to 79, use as much of the 308 Cata gear from Blackrock and Throne of Tides as you can, fill the remaining slots with 283 Greens and you have a nice advantage in randoms.

79 <3

Bgs pop but u get with lvlers aswell so almost no twinks i guess its fine w/e theres still no rating only a ladder on TI nothing compared to rating like we were used to in previous expansions but its something so if you want you can get rating on there, for me personally it isn't as fun as it used to be. But still legion 70 > wod 70 imo

Everyone saying this bracket will be balanced is missing a few crucial points. Personally I believe this is the most unbalanced bracket in the game at the moment and will likely remain this way due to #1 and #2.
  1. Players gets a talent at 75 which is a huge power spike to pretty much every class
  2. People get MASTERY at level 78, which again is a huge power spike compared to those that don't have it.
  3. There seems to be a discrepancy in stats despite the "templates" that say they should all be balanced. And i'm not just talking about that "2%" or whatever you can get from an increased ilvl, i'm seeing other priests with like 25k life when I have 22k at 70. (this one might apply to all the brackets though). Perhaps players still get base health on level-up that isn't accounted for?
  4. The Hit issues, which is likely a bug but furthers the power difference right now.
In general as a level 70 who's doing mostly legacy raiding I have mixed feelings. It's nice to actually be able to do bgs again (and they do actually pop, played a few AVs today) but I feel so gimped at 70 it gets frustrating very quickly.

lol @ anyone who levels their 70 to 79 now when the hit issue most likely gets fixed
People actualy lvld their 70? Better
Could have just lvld a new char
Everyone saying this bracket will be balanced is missing a few crucial points. Personally I believe this is the most unbalanced bracket in the game at the moment and will likely remain this way due to #1 and #2.
  1. Players gets a talent at 75 which is a huge power spike to pretty much every class
  2. People get MASTERY at level 78, which again is a huge power spike compared to those that don't have it.
  3. There seems to be a discrepancy in stats despite the "templates" that say they should all be balanced. And i'm not just talking about that "2%" or whatever you can get from an increased ilvl, i'm seeing other priests with like 25k life when I have 22k at 70. (this one might apply to all the brackets though). Perhaps players still get base health on level-up that isn't accounted for?
  4. The Hit issues, which is likely a bug but furthers the power difference right now.
In general as a level 70 who's doing mostly legacy raiding I have mixed feelings. It's nice to actually be able to do bgs again (and they do actually pop, played a few AVs today) but I feel so gimped at 70 it gets frustrating very quickly.
just lvl a few new chars to 79 or if you have any 74 twinks left from mop expansions you can also just lvl those to do bgs with and just wait till the hit issue gets fixed when hit issue gets fixed 70s are gonna be fine in bgs even if 79 have a little more dmg

We had mixed levels in WoD and it wasn't a problem. If you can hit them you can outplay them. Hit chance is the main issue.

Yeah I levelled a 70 I had no long term attachment to - you can lol all you like, makes no difference to me. The toon had no achi's or Rep's it had been festering as a bank alt since MoP ended.

I still have a 70 Mage, that I'll never level. The same goes for my 60's

Same, pretty sure it has the highest power gap between the highest/lowest levels and twinks/nontwinks
Probably. I mean you gain a talent, most classes gain some pretty sweet abilities, and on top of that you get mastery as well. It's a big deal but still I stand by what I've said. If they fix the hit issues then it won't be half bad.

Users who are viewing this thread