EU+US Demon Hunter: Blade Dance

Guanyin

Grandfathered
I recently decided to swap to Havoc for easier to solo raids and found I'm missing my main AoE ability. Do all 99 DHs miss Blade Dance or am I somehow screwed? I opened a ticket yesterday and spent around 3 hours with a GM trying to find out why I didn't have Blade Dance. Today I got an in-game mail from that GM, stating the following:

uJzC82Z.jpg

Still sounds weird, so I wanted the opinion of other level 99 Demon Hunters.

I just had a second GM help me out. Took him around 2 minutes to give me Blade Dance. So if anyone is having the same issue, I can only suggest you open a ticket too.

Also, I asked both GMs (just in case) if they were in any position to give me the Havoc artifact, both GMs gave me the same answer. So two artifacts at level 99 really is impossible.

You get it at 100, just like vengeance gets their 3 runes.

edit- sigils, not runes.

Almost certainly a bug.

You learn Blade Dance in the DH starting zone at lvl98.

Where and what quest, exactly?

Last edited:
You get it at 100, just like vengeance gets their 3 runes.

edit- sigils, not runes.

Where and what quest, exactly?
I'm looking at the line of progression and it seems it's not 98, I must be remembering it wrongly. It should be somewhere near the end of the DH starting experience. It does not have a level requirement so it must be from one of the quests. If it isn't, then I'm wrong and it's learned at 100, which would mean OP just got a GM to teach him an ability that isn't actually accessible rofl.

Well, kinda just goes to show that GM's arent the only fallible members of WoW.
http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/demon-hunter/havoc

Listed as learned at lvl1, which suggests it's earned from a quest.

Other abilities clearly state what they are taught by, however. This one does not. If it's learned at 100, wouldn't that be reflected on the actual ability? (See: Darkness) :)

Whichever it is, it's unclear even for Blizzard. Which is pretty funny.

Or maybe next time just remember how easy it is to not know wtf you're talking about.

It's awesome that the GM was ignorant, if Guanyin got it added at 99. They are required to answer the tickets they receive as best they can, not to roam around offering input to whatever ticket the choose. Sometimes ignorant GM's can be a good thing. Ignorant players... not so much.

Done the DH starting area many times and I'm pretty sure you get Blade Dance and the Vengeance sigils as soon as you ding 100, unrelated to any quests.

Will be interesting to see if the spell you got stays around, especially since next patch they're altering the level reqs for some DH spells which might mean they have to re-check and unlearn them for some characters.

ahahahah GMs giving spells what could go wrong

GMs handing out Blade Dance like candy. Just got it on both my Alli and Horde DHs too.

One thing I noticed (before it was granted) is that you could pull the spell off of the Specialization screen and put it in your action bar but it just wasn't useable. This leads me to believe it is a bug.

Users who are viewing this thread