EU+US Could someone please explain professions now?

Lebowski

Legend
As in, is there even any purpose to leveling any of them? I know in the past certain professions like Skinning, Mining, Herbalism would give bonuses to Crit, Stam, or even a quick self-heal once you reached 100 in that profession, but I think I read somewhere that's not the case anymore. So, given you don't receive profession bonuses anymore, is there a best combination of professions to take or ones that actually have items you can craft that are worthwhile, considering you can only level it to 100?

I'm asking because I've reached 20 and geared a handful or characters to mess around on and haven't taken a single profession because I don't know if it's even worth the time doing so.

On my 20 lock I picked belf so that I could get bloodthistle from herbalism. You can also stack up on minor wizard oil (even though it takes up lots of bag space) and craft intellect pots. Cooking And first aid are just as useful as ever with cooking being a bit more useful since the spirit/stam food was converted to versatility/stam. Scribes can craft scrolls of versatility. Agility pots not available to f2p and elixir of giant growth is still around I think . IIRC, arms warriors can still craft training dummies to heal off of with victory rush and I suppose fury can do the same with enraged regen. All of the aforementioned items still work inside of instanced pvp as far as I know. I think that's about it unless I'm missing something.

Speed pot and poison removal anti venom

Leatherworking for Medium Armor kits x3 (Feet, Gloves, Legs) = +3 total armor then:
Enchanting for... well in past +15hp chest +1stam/str/agi bracers +3int/2dmg/1dmg weapon +1armor/agi(belf) cloak etc etc. now with weird shit happening to enchants in open world since 'scaling' I'll just wrap it up to "enchants". Also, stack up on wizard oil if you use int then:
(skip if you're not melee) Blacksmithing, stock up sharpening stones then:
Engineering for a pet then:
either stick with Engineering for Googles and access to explosives or
Herbalism + Alchemy for access to consumables.

If you're dedicated then go through every profession that makes armor (tailoring, LW, BS, engi) and weapons (BS, Ench, engi) and collect all possible appearances.

Good luck!

I rock alchemy for the strength elixir and speed pots, then rotate my other profession through the rest as needed for the various consumables.

Cooking is a must because versatility food and vers/stam food. Also the cooking fire gives a small bit of vers now.
Fishing because duh.
First Aid and Archaeology for the completionist in you (plus the access to DMF profession quests)

I rock alchemy for the strength elixir and speed pots, then rotate my other profession through the rest as needed for the various consumables.

Cooking is a must because versatility food and vers/stam food. Also the cooking fire gives a small bit of vers now.
Fishing because duh.
First Aid and Archaeology for the completionist in you (plus the access to DMF profession quests)

First Aid is vital for non healing classes imo, and I use bandages in PvE too as a paladin

You can also stack up on minor wizard oil (even though it takes up lots of bag space) and craft intellect pots. Cooking And first aid are just as useful as ever with cooking being a bit more useful since the spirit/stam food was converted to versatility/stam. Scribes can craft scrolls of versatility.

Obsolete information. Stat food, elixirs and scrolls are now disabled. No chants, no buffs, template only.

First aid is still useful, but for 20-29 bg's I can't think of any other profession worth leveling unless you just enjoy leveling it.

Obsolete information. Stat food, elixirs and scrolls are now disabled. No chants, no buffs, template only.

First aid is still useful, but for 20-29 bg's I can't think of any other profession worth leveling unless you just enjoy leveling it.
These guys are talking completionist, PvE stuff.

If you're dedicated then go through every profession that makes armor (tailoring, LW, BS, engi) and weapons (BS, Ench, engi) and collect all possible appearances.
I notice you didn't mention Inscription so I'll just mention that if you take up inscription and craft Rogue Deck, you can get an extra four appearances as well (2 mail, 1 leather, 1 cloth)

If you're going to attempt to correct me, at least be informed. Consumables and items are bugged. Here's a tweet from Holinka regarding the bug: https://twitter.com/holinka/status/791300331028086784. Before 7.1 the items I listed were working. I'm not sure if you were playing then, but if you just came back, I'd recommend reading through several threads on here or wherever to get up-to-date information.

If you're going to attempt to correct me, at least be informed. Consumables and items are bugged.

Those bugs have been fixed. I'm fairly certain that tweet was referring to pvp specific items that were not working. If you pay attention you will realize that the removal of buffs is in all likelihood intended. Notice the error messages and the graying out of items. Also, consider how much sense it makes in light of general template changes.

Crystalpall: I haven't tried speed pots, but even DMF potions will no longer work. Non-stat food is unusable as well (except for mage food). Higher level bandages are still usable and worthwhile since the lower level ones do very little now.

Users who are viewing this thread