Church is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire your honesty. I gotta say though, there is nothing worse than a passive-aggressive asshole. No disrespect. My gay friend Kurt does that all the time.

Your friend is a sensitive little bitch, him being gay is irrelevant to that fact.

Yeah tbh this is a question I stopped asking myself a few years ago, I don't care if god exists or not, he's got nothing to do with me even if he did. F*ck that guy.

Yeah tbh this is a question I stopped asking myself a few years ago, I don't care if god exists or not, he's got nothing to do with me even if he did. F*ck that guy.
Back on my point after you've done enough thinking, read enough philosophical texts, and come to your conclusions you can either keep thinking and beating a dead horse or use your cultivated mentality to accomplish something, I went with the latter of the two options.

Atheism does not mean you believe there is no god, it means you dont believe there is one.
An intelligent atheist will not claim there is no god, but just as i say there is no invisible ghost in my room right now i say that there is no god. makes sense?

No you aren't making any sense at all. And I don't care to hear any elaboration to this bullshit. Not believing in god to the point of calling yourself an atheist, you will say that you believe there is none. You ask any atheist if they believe there is no god, and they will agree.

I'm done arguing about this right now. It's childish and unproductive. A vocal conversation of this would have ended long ago. But you give someone unlimited time to formulate a response to protect their online ego, and they'll instead make the argument even more complex for the sake of sounding smart and getting the last word.

Why you all gotta go ruin Ciren's relationship help thread?

Ciren, I suggest you bite the bullet, divorce, and get ready to pay child support to your now-pregnant wife. I mean, if she wants you to join her at church every week, we already know she's gonna do her all to suck your kid into that religious shit too. Jump the fuck off this sinking ship before it sails.

you almost crawled out of the cave and then went back in. You and me are not alike. You are still looking at the world Through the glasses of dogma, handed to you by your blind parents. Outside the cave you see how silly it was to hide in there.
I am?

Believing in an afterlife is pure wishfull thinking. There is no god. Cirens and his wife are wasting time on church.

So that means your an atheist, atheists should keep an open mind because you realize we just dont know (yet) maybe.
So an afterlife is a very real possibility. Even in the eyes of a real atheist. And you should do some research on near death experiences, i mean how come thousands of people had these experiences all changing their lifes forever and all describing more or less the same things, and also they have been measured brain dead while they had these experiences. We could have many explanations for these (Dreams) (Revelations) (whatever) And one of them might an afterlife :)
We just dont know.

Why you all gotta go ruin Ciren's relationship help thread?

Ciren, I suggest you bite the bullet, divorce, and get ready to pay child support to your now-pregnant wife. I mean, if she wants you to join her at church every week, we already know she's gonna do her all to suck your kid into that religious shit too. Jump the duck off this sinking ship before it sails.

Man I'm not gonna abandon my child... my wife and I have our differences and it's challenging sometimes but it's not all bad... and I think it would be boring if it wasn't a challenge.

I love playing WoW, because its the best game out there atm. However i always keep trying to imagine the game i would love to play most.. something that would be much better then WoW. And the more i refine that idea and think about it. The closer the game actually starts to look like this life im living in. That makes me think that this experience or life im living.. is actually the perfect game i would like to be playing. so that means before i came here i chose to come here. This life is More challenging then anything i can imagine. The final boss of this game so to speak. is so crazy hardcore that 99% of the people dont even know we have a final boss and its so hidden and hard that this is the most amazing hardcore game i could imagine.

Now. if we look out in space with the best telescopes we can see up to a certain point. However i dont believe the Big bang was the beginning of everything. It might have been the beginning of the observable universe however, Space is endlessly big. and Time is endlessly long. That means that every possible possibility already happened endless amounts of time.
However Time and Space are both illusions say some geniuses from our past. That means there is only 1 real place and time.
That is here and now. And everything you can Imagine happens here and now. and this central point of everything i would like to call God. Or atleast that is i believe,what all the prophets sort of believed it was. And we all come from there and have been that forever.
It is everything and nothing at the same time. And when we die we go back to this Conscious oneness point. It is heaven and hell and the hurt you do onto others you will feel again when you unite with everything ofcourse which could be called hell. However all the good things also!
Before we came to this earth we were all in this place and out of every possible possibility chose to come here and live this life.
Why? because imagine being everything forever. Its pretty hard to imagine but i guess when you know everything and have done everything always you want a next best thing.. the hardest challenge and beauty and unknowingness and confusion.
And the good thing is, existance will never end. and when we die we come back to this place and we can choose out of ANYTHING we can imagine Again.
Yeh.. so im probably wrong. But i might just be spot on :D Twinkz for life!

Man I'm not gonna abandon my child... my wife and I have our differences and it's challenging sometimes but it's not all bad... and I think it would be boring if it wasn't a challenge.
Divorce doesn't mean abandoning the kid ffs. It means two Christmases and birthday parties and since 9 times out of 10 the woman gets custody, you'd only have to feed the little shit and teach him how to be a forum troll on the weekends. No church and about a quarter of the stress the kid would usually put a parent through. It's a win/win. Send your kid home with a bb gun or a new pet to piss off your ex-wife.... good fun.

Seriously, when in 10 years you're sitting in a church watching your kid become religiously indoctrinated, don't say we didn't tell you so.

I love playing WoW, because its the best game out there atm. However i always keep trying to imagine the game i would love to play most.. something that would be much better then WoW. And the more i refine that idea and think about it. The closer the game actually starts to look like this life im living in. That makes me think that this experience or life im living.. is actually the perfect game i would like to be playing. so that means before i came here i chose to come here. This life is More challenging then anything i can imagine. The final boss of this game so to speak. is so crazy hardcore that 99% of the people dont even know we have a final boss and its so hidden and hard that this is the most amazing hardcore game i could imagine.

Now. if we look out in space with the best telescopes we can see up to a certain point. However i dont believe the Big bang was the beginning of everything. It might have been the beginning of the observable universe however, Space is endlessly big. and Time is endlessly long. That means that every possible possibility already happened endless amounts of time.
However Time and Space are both illusions say some geniuses from our past. That means there is only 1 real place and time.
That is here and now. And everything you can Imagine happens here and now. and this central point of everything i would like to call God. Or atleast that is i believe,what all the prophets sort of believed it was. And we all come from there and have been that forever.
It is everything and nothing at the same time. And when we die we go back to this Conscious oneness point. It is heaven and hell and the hurt you do onto others you will feel again when you unite with everything ofcourse which could be called hell. However all the good things also!
Before we came to this earth we were all in this place and out of every possible possibility chose to come here and live this life.
Why? because imagine being everything forever. Its pretty hard to imagine but i guess when you know everything and have done everything always you want a next best thing.. the hardest challenge and beauty and unknowingness and confusion.
And the good thing is, existance will never end. and when we die we come back to this place and we can choose out of ANYTHING we can imagine Again.
Yeh.. so im probably wrong. But i might just be spot on :D Twinkz for life!

No one read that.

hey i found the list of fallicies. it's at the top of /pol/, lol:

1420756844457.jpg

Kids find a way to believe what they want to. Why so anal?

Bad comparison, but relatively the same in terms of efficiency. If you raise a kid in a Neo-Nazi household, hes likely to grow up embracing it.

Now I think there's rarely a situation where a parent would only take their kid to church if they don't have anyone to babysit. But on that occasion, the parent should be unbiased if the kid questions it.

No you aren't making any sense at all. And I don't care to hear any elaboration to this bullshit. Not believing in god to the point of calling yourself an atheist, you will say that you believe there is none. You ask any atheist if they believe there is no god, and they will agree.

I'm done arguing about this right now. It's childish and unproductive. A vocal conversation of this would have ended long ago. But you give someone unlimited time to formulate a response to protect their online ego, and they'll instead make the argument even more complex for the sake of sounding smart and getting the last word.
How are you not agreeing with me lol.
Atheism is the rejection of the claim god exists, not a claim of the opposite. Just a small but important difference. This is super simple. You should know I am always right, arguing with me is futile.

So that means your an atheist, atheists should keep an open mind because you realize we just dont know (yet) maybe.
So an afterlife is a very real possibility. Even in the eyes of a real atheist. And you should do some research on near death experiences, i mean how come thousands of people had these experiences all changing their lifes forever and all describing more or less the same things, and also they have been measured brain dead while they had these experiences. We could have many explanations for these (Dreams) (Revelations) (whatever) And one of them might an afterlife :)
We just dont know.
Lol, measured braindead.. who told you that. The experience can be real. But not when there's no brainactivity , the experience was right before the person died. This has nuttin to do with an afterlife and everything with how the brain works. Before you die the brain releases dimethyltryptamine. It's a strong hallucinogenic chemical that works like a drug basicly and can cause a very intense experience. As if death isn't that already hah. But ye. I did my research, you just heard some stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread