Cataclysm 19 Twink Blizzlike

Discussion in 'Meteorite' started by Mvq, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Mvq

Mvq 2016 TC Champion

Register here!

How to Connect on Windows
    1: Download the client here
    2: Go into the WoWFolder/Data/enGB (or enUS)
    3: Right click Realmlist.wtf, choose Properties and uncheck Read-only.
    4: Open Realmlist.wtf with Notepad and replace all the text with
    set realmlist logon.cata19.com
    5: Run 4.3.4 WoW.exe
    6: Log in with the account you registered above

How to connect on MAC
    1: Follow this guide.

If anyone wants to help pay for developers and the server host feel free to donate with PayPal at:

https://xpoff.com/donations/cataclysm-private-server.9/campaign

You'll be able to spend the money you've donated once the server goes live & in Beta Weekends, so it'll be just like you donated post-launch.

This is not a moneygrab. I legit don't have money for the host to keep running or pay pro developers to fix complicated shit.

Here's the information I've posted on the Fundraiser with Format:

19 Twink Cataclysm - Blizzlike Gear.

We currently have one of the best emulator developers on our Development team, his name is Jameyboor.
    He is the key reason for this fundraiser. He isn't cheap. And he can make anything happen on a Private Server. I've made him create the WoD Stack system work on a 3.3.5a server, Cata+ Transmog work on a 3.3.5a server with a UI that looks identical to the wardrobe and 5v5 RBGs to function perfectly on a 3.3.5a server aswell.

The Features that will be available on the server on Launch are as follows:
    - RBGs available for 19s.
    - Ability to choose which faction you wanna play on instead of the standard cross-faction BG where it's random.
    - More casual Class limits in Pugs, such as not having to have an FC on every team.
    - Hardcore Class limits in RBGs, similar to the Twink Cup rules.
    - Charge, Pet and Fear pathing in WSG will function correctly.
    - Full BiS non-GF'd Gear will be available for free
    - GF'd gear will be available at a rating of 1900 in RBG aka Pugs.
    - Hero of the Alliance / Hero of the Horde will be awarded to the top 0.5% on the RBG ladder.
    - 10v10 Tournaments will be hosted at the end of each season with a prizepool of 50% of the money made through the season.
    - Each season there will be an exclusive mount available at 2200 rating which will be purely cosmetic with a movement speed the same as Riding Turtle. It will only be available for 1 season, so once the season is over the mount will be GF'd.
    - Arenas are only available through Wargames. This will allow the server to be a Competitive BG server instead of an unoriginal 2v2 Twink Server on Wrath.
    - Any and all bugs are fixable which means with Jameyboor they WILL be fixed.
    - Jumping out of the Map and what not in WSG will be made impossible.
    - AFK'ing out of BGs will give your entire account a 24 hour Deserter aswell as a loss of double the rating you'd have lost from a normal loss. If you AFK 3 times within 30 days then your account will be suspended for 3, 7, 14 days or permanently depending on how many times you've been suspended. The length of your next ban will reset after 60 days of no suspensions.
    - Trolling, Griefing, AFK'ing inside the BG or Wintrading will all be bannable offenses, from a 24 hour ban all the way up to a Permanent ban.
    Reason for these harsh measures is to have BGs be 10v10 as consistently and competitive as possible.

Thank you for showing interest in this Server.

- Mvq

Update list below, will be updated as often as possible.

Update 13-02-2017

• Shadow Orbs fixed
    • Kill Command fixed
    • Arcane Missiles fixed
    • Every Proc talent fixed
    • Worgen racial & transformation fixed
    • Charge Pathing & Fear Pathing fixed in Arenas and Warsong Gulch
    • Arena Queue function
    • Warrior Coefficients
    • Rogue Coefficients
    • Paladin Coefficients
    Current WIP:

• Stumps LoS removal
    • Twink Tablet
    • RBG tab available at 19s
    • Mall
    • RBGs function
    • Wargames function
    Quick Update: 24-02-2017:

Just ordered another Month on the Server. -25$.

Dev is currently coding a fresh Twink Tablet. -200$'ish.

Edit: After the Twink Tablet has been paid we'll have 20$ left. In order to get RBGs working at level 19s we'll need 130$ on top of the 20$.

Once the Twink Tablet is finished I'll make a video showing its functionality.

Update 07-03-2017:
    The Fear bug that'd cause you to be feared downwards has been fixed. For example, if you were standing in GY and someone feared you, the pathing could take you out of GY.

Currently working on fixing Fear Pathing. Currently, the bugs with Fear is that you can get feared up cliffs and through world objects.

Jamey is back on the project, he has more time now. I asked him what the price will be for all of it and he doesn't know yet. I'll update you on that once he tells me.

Sorry for the late update, there hasn't been much news. My old Dev, not Jamey, turned out to be too busy to do the work and only told me weeks after he accepted the job. So I've been sitting around for weeks thinking he was working on the server. Yeah, I know. Triggering.

Update 11-03-2017:
    - Fear pathing has been fixed. In detail, the bug with Fear was that it was able to path you out of the map, through objects such as stomps, run u down from i.e top of gy to GY and wallclimb. This was one of the most common bugs on previous Private Servers that never gets addressed.
    - LoS on Stomps have been fixed. In detail, one of the most common bugs on previous Private Servers would be that Stomps and Fences in WSG would have LoS which was extremely meta defining but very uncommon to be fixed due to the amount of work and money it takes to fix.

Sorry for the late update, this shit took a long time and a lot of internal testing.

I'll post another update once the entire WSG is fixed with LoS (there's more than just stomps and fences that are bugged), and once thats finished I'll pay the Developer and update with screenshot of the transaction.

Update 12-03-2017
    - I forgot to include the Fear bug that causes the victim to stand still visually, but server-side the victim does move. So after the end of the Fear Duration, the victim would blink visually, but run server-side. This bug is massive as it makes it impossible to hit the victim as a Melee when the bug occurs.

The price to get this fixed is unknown at this point, however this is what Jamey told me and I quote:

"That's a movement visual packet bug that's been there for really long
    So will probably take some time."

They key-word is the last sentence. When it takes a long time it's expensive. So I'm assuming it'll be around 300$, which is why the goal is now 1090$, instead of 790$.

What's really cool about getting this fixed tho', is that if you've ever played on Twink Private Servers, this bug was on there on every single one. It's super common.

Update 18-03-2017:
    - We're currently working on the Twink Tablet and its features. And during the implementation of RBGs to 19s, which will be used on the Twink Tablet, we realized the official Trinitycore and the Core we're using does not have ANY code regarding RBGs. This is laughable and totally unexpected. The price is unclear as we do not know how long the implementation will take. The longer, the more expensive.

Screenshots of me and Jameys entire Skype Conversation on the subject:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Update 20-03-2017:
    - RBGs now function.

[​IMG]

Update 24-03-2017:
    We're going to need atleast another 270$ and at max 500$.

Reason for this is quite simple.
    No one expected that RBGs had 0 code in the Core, which meant a whole weekend had to be dedicated to it.
    The price for RBGs ended up being 570$. So we need more money to be able to pay for the Twink Tablet.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Vertical, Narrator, Jayjoy and 26 others like this.
  2. Nature

Nature 2016 Twink Cup Champion

this would be so trucking sweet, hype #makeithappen

3. Vianco

Vianco Veteran

this would be extremely cool! hope you can get some help from @Myrm or @Conq. would def play this

Hajima and Nature like this.
  4. Jva

Jva Member

I would play this all day!!

5. Sybill

Sybill Dorfemale

6. Hardbass

Hardbass Ashleyyyyy

OMFG CATA

Nature likes this.
  7. Fancy

Fancy Veteran

FINALLY HOLY SHIT IM SO HYPED

8. Fancy

Fancy Veteran

Cata 29 was also good but that wasn't that big

Sketchbag likes this.
  9. Bacon

Bacon TC Champ 2016

How blizz-like?

10. Holythane

Holythane Lewno

Mad... Cata ftw hope this works out

11. Iild

Iild Member

which cata patch tho?

4.3.4 because thats what most people already have downloaded?

12. Mvq

Mvq 2016 TC Champion

4.3.4 is the last cata patch and the best I believe?

13. Iild

Iild Member

yeah it was the last, best is subjective tho

14. Chainz

Chainz Gigi

15. Lanky

Lanky meraki

cata private server is something i've dreamt for many years, would actually love for this to happen. take your time with this so there is minimal mishaps for release.

don't think blizzlike will be the best idea, dont quote me on this but i think hunters got even more buffed in 4.3.4, maybe tone it down a little, maybe rets too.

16. saxxon

saxxon saxxon

worth putting ur time into cool

17. Fael

Fael Believer

holy crap. yes yes yes

would server be in US or EU?

18. inoobupro

inoobupro Veteran

Remember what I said about private servers sir XD :) ;)

lest you want people to attack target dummies 2 weeks later XD :) ;)

19. artonkn

artonkn Veteran

this is your private server #3 or #4 now?

allow you

20. Mol

Mol Master Chief

Wow Nice Idea! I would play it!

PS: Vanilla Wow sucks...aint nobody got time for that....