EU+US Bug Making F2Ps into Full Accounts

in your potato hole!
Well, I'm really getting that message when trying to queue, no one else same thing happening?

Edit:
I'd turned of my exp(20), dunno if this is the cause.
Character without lock CAN queue, but will gain exp...

My f2p acc was glitched too, today I login it got fixed...
I'm even restricted from doing PvP!...
RIP

Rut roh!! I did not buy game token yet on that account.
It was functioning fine last night however. I better do it today if I can.

Last edited:
Hello

I too cannot queue with this character. I can with another, though.

Last edited:
You can just ask a gm to fix your character's xp issue, a friend of a friend had the f2p bug and he also couldn't queue, but a gm fixed it for him.
Oh and you can queue on characters that weren't xp-locked during the duration of the bug.

Found a reply to my ticket earlier today.

The GM told me that it was because there weren't any other people queueing in locked BGs. I begged to differ in my response. Still waiting on further communication...

Found a reply to my ticket earlier today.

The GM told me that it was because there weren't any other people queueing in locked BGs. I begged to differ in my response. Still waiting on further communication...

(Ask the GM to unlock your xp (as you can no longer do it yourself) or ask for 1 day of gametime so you can unlock the xp yourself, clarify you locked the xp on the char while the bug was active. That should hopefully clarify the problem to the GM and what to do.) --> If you can unlock your xp would that not solve the problem? You can not que xp-locked on an unsubbed account. This problem is also discussed in the veteran section of this forum. Yasueh summerizes it nicely:
This is intentional on their part.
  • Starters can't use xp lock, otherwise they could do xp locked 19 BGs. Do you know any 19s who want endless badly geared F2P scrubs in their bracket? 19s pay towards the game, they got sick of F2Ps in their bracket, they complained, and the game got changed, because Bliz: A. don't want to annoy subscribers, B. want F2Ps to pay for content.
  • When you go from subbed to vet bliz don't remove your XP lock, or people would complain about having to pay to get it back every time they re-subbed, or when going from vet to subbed they could accidentally ding their character if they didn't know it had been removed. GMs can't de-level characters. There are no tools to do it. The only option they have is to transfer all the gear from a dinged character to a fresh level 1, and they won't do that except in certain circumstances (it happened to me when a GM dinged a character that was supposed to be XP locked, but they had a bug a few years back that removed it).
So, if you want to BG on a vet that's XP locked, you'll need to unlock. If you can't unlock then that'll need another ticket (wouldn't put it past them to block all starter accounts from both locking and unlocking, forgetting that vets may need to unlock).

Last edited:
This problem is also discussed in the veteran section of this forum. Yasueh summerizes it nicely:
This is intentional on their part.
  • Starters can't use xp lock, otherwise they could do xp locked 19 BGs. Do you know any 19s who want endless badly geared F2P scrubs in their bracket? 19s pay towards the game, they got sick of F2Ps in their bracket, they complained, and the game got changed, because Bliz: A. don't want to annoy subscribers, B. want F2Ps to pay for content.
  • When you go from subbed to vet bliz don't remove your XP lock, or people would complain about having to pay to get it back every time they re-subbed, or when going from vet to subbed they could accidentally ding their character if they didn't know it had been removed. GMs can't de-level characters. There are no tools to do it. The only option they have is to transfer all the gear from a dinged character to a fresh level 1, and they won't do that except in certain circumstances (it happened to me when a GM dinged a character that was supposed to be XP locked, but they had a bug a few years back that removed it).
So, if you want to BG on a vet that's XP locked, you'll need to unlock. If you can't unlock then that'll need another ticket (wouldn't put it past them to block all starter accounts from both locking and unlocking, forgetting that vets may need to unlock).
What he tells is old and wrong information. Blizz stated already that removing playing xp locked games at 19 with a f2p account was to prevent them to enter a popular bracket and they also have a tool to delevel these days. Old info is Old. So is not being able to xp lock on a starter/vet account, it is working.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread