US [Bug?] Anyone else getting these weird damage multipliers?

bigmoran

Legend
For whatever reason my characters all have random damage reductions. The number changes depending on gear.

UPDATE:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20095768/patch-624-hotfixes-april-11-may-24-5-24-2016

"Over the past couple of weeks, we’ve rolled out a series of hotfixes aimed at improving overall pacing and playability of the low-level (1-20) experience.

Reduced player damage at low levels to improve overall combat pacing. In general, Strength and Agility classes saw a larger reduction in damage than did casters. Damage dealt is unchanged from level 40 onwards."

OFZbotz.png

bR607dS.png

1jXoajr.png

Last edited:
I think they have tuned low level DPS. Refer hotpatch from this morning. Next time I'm on I'll check and see if I've copped a similar reduction on my Hunter.

Hotfixes

Hope they put some big tuning on them damn BM Monks!:mad:

I love how just about nothing Blizzard does for "Balance" remotely Balances anything. Here's probably what might have gone down:

Dev 1 "Hey, we should do something about how OP 1-20's are"

Dev 2 "Yeah I agree but we don't have the patience to actually re-tune all the Classes for lower Levels since that would effect max Levels"

Dev 1 "I've got a great idea, lets just add a random negative Multiplier to their Damage output"

Dev 2 "Perfect, and while we're at it lets not touch Healing output AT ALL, nobody will notice that DPS do less Damage while Healers still do FULL HEALING"

Dev 1 "Troof man, troof"

Moral of the story, proof that Blizzard has untrained monkeys working for them. I checked my Level 10 Healers, no change whatsoever, except for any Damage output they would do. All Classes now have a negative Damage multiplier but with FULL Healing capabilities like before the 'nerf'.

I love how just about nothing Blizzard does for "Balance" remotely Balances anything. Here's probably what might have gone down:

Dev 1 "Hey, we should do something about how OP 1-20's are"

Dev 2 "Yeah I agree but we don't have the patience to actually re-tune all the Classes for lower Levels since that would effect max Levels"

Dev 1 "I've got a great idea, lets just add a random negative Multiplier to their Damage output"

Dev 2 "Perfect, and while we're at it lets not touch Healing output AT ALL, nobody will notice that DPS do less Damage while Healers still do FULL HEALING"

Dev 1 "Troof man, troof"

Moral of the story, proof that Blizzard has untrained monkeys working for them. I checked my Level 10 Healers, no change whatsoever, except for any Damage output they would do. All Classes now have a negative Damage multiplier but with FULL Healing capabilities like before the 'nerf'.
I dont get what you're on about, this change is great

I dont get what you're on about, this change is great
It's great that they reduced Damage output but didn't touch Healing output AT ALL? People already complain constantly that Healers are unkillable. Also that article is a lie, some Casters (Priest as example) got nerfed harder (for Damage output) than some Str/Agi Classes, because logic.

Last edited:
Here's what I'm seeing for the Classes I have now in the 1-20 range for the new Damage Multiplier (all outside BG):

Hunter (LvL 10): 87%
Priest (LvL 10): 84%
Warlock (LvL 7): 80%
Shaman (LvL 12): 84% / (LvL 2): 74%
Pally (Prot LvL 10): 108% / (Ret LvL 19): 87%
Rogue (LvL 10): 65%
Warrior (Prot/Fury LvL 10): 123% / (Arms LvL 10): 142%
Druid (Guardian/Feral/Balance/Resto LvL 10): 106% / (no spec Lvl 7): 70%
Mage (LvL 3): 72%
Monk (no spec LvL 1): 77%

Last edited:
It's great that they reduced Damage output but didn't touch Healing output AT ALL? People already complain constantly that Healers are unkillable. Also that article is a lie, some Casters (Priest as example) got nerfed harder (for Damage output) than some Str/Agi Classes, because logic.
I don't know what bracket you're referring to, but damage @19 is insane... This will be really good for the meta imo.

Reactions: Voc
I don't know what bracket you're referring to, but damage @19 is insane... This will be really good for the meta imo.
Not when Legion hits and everyone is basically the same due to preset iLvL (with a few % diff for Twinks vs Plebs ofc) but healing will still be strong with zero nerf while Damage will still retain the nerf.

Not when Legion hits and everyone is basically the same due to preset iLvL (with a few % diff for tinks vs Plebs ofc) but healing will still be strong with zero nerf while Damage will still retain the nerf.
We don't know anything about the actual stats and class balance in Legion though. Never the less, the change is still good, you would need to set up kills instead of just syncing starsurge with keg smash...

My level 4 lock has a reduction of 78%
But my level 20 warrior seems to be at 129%. Will post a SS soon for warr

We don't know anything about the actual stats and class balance in Legion though. Never the less, the change is still good, you would need to set up kills instead of just syncing starsurge with keg smash...
Sure we do, to a point. The "Class Balance" at lower Levels is literally what this thread is about. The negative Damage Multiplier that (some) Classes have received is Blizzards way of Balancing lower Levels. Granted it's a shit way to go about it, and the numbers I'm seeing seem like they just shot darts at random numbers on the wall, blindfolded and called it a day ;)

This is so needed. Looking at endgame to this (yes I know there is a huge differential of spells and crap of that sort), 1 spell does say 15% endgame whereas 1-20 the thing does like 40% of your hp allowing you to be killed so much faster. The 1-20 is extremely fast paced which is ok BC if the lack of spells but when we do the arena tourneys it really isn't as fun BC people literally die in the first minute which kills the fun. So Ima this is good BC it will make the fights longer and make them more interesting. BG's too, one proc from a warrior and your team will just die within in moments it seems. The healing is fine BC in pvp your heals are already reduced I'm guessing like 33%? Whenever I'm out of BH I'm healing 1k hits and 1.8k crit on my 19 Rsham, but come Wsg or arena I am healing 600 hits and 1.1-1.2k crits which is as hard as most damage spells aka starfire, starsurge, final rend tick with sader (crit someone for 1.3k with it b4), fero bite, etc. Endgame every healing spec has atleast 1 spell that heals more than all of the damage spells and more so to help counteract it. You don't have to worry about being killed in a Belf racial or rogue kick from 100-0.

That's all I have to say for now but this is only what I see and think.

Users who are viewing this thread