EU+US BiS Legion Gear - 19s

One odd thing i've noticed in testing is that wands seem to have much more weight to their ilev for some reason. An ilev 18 wand will keep me at 3971 HP but swapping to an ilev 20/21 sword or dagger will drop me 230HP.

The wand aspect is very interesting. I'll have to dig up a few for testing.

But ilev 1 white bracers will give the same stats as the new lev 27 blues.

Most likely because the ilvl 1 bracers are basically ilvl 24, and the jump from 24 to 27 wasn't enough to increase your ilvl. Try lowering your ilvl by removing most gear and then upgrade the bracers and see if they make a difference. You can also grab the Deja character stats addon from curse - it restores the ilvl display to lower level chars.

So not all slots are weighted equally after a point or it's based on class, or another thought was maybe wep speed because wands are so fast. Anyway, just want to throw that out there for anyone gearing a caster.

Each class/spec has its own stat template that is used. The interesting thing is how wands come into play. It may mean something other than ilvl (attack speed, like you mentioned) is playing into things for casters as well.

Last edited:
Sorry, what I meant by 'based on class' was not the base stat sheets, but how Blizz may bias casters towards Wand/Staff and away from Sword/Dagger because of the class fantasy Legion changes. Just a guess though.

I can also drop 20 ilev from my offhand (lily to black rose) and not lose any stats with other max gear on, but swapping from wand to sword in the same gear will drop me the 230ish HP. Even a higher ilev wep, tested blue or loom, no difference.

Edit: Could also be melee vs ranged weapons. Maybe wands are the full weight of a 2h wep because ranged weps are typically 2h, but also getting to use an offhand.

Last edited:
OK After just doing some more testing, it seems that wands are getting as much weight as a 2h staff (or maybe other ranged, i can't test on a Lock) But no other melee weapon I have will do the same. So wand and OH seems BiS for Locks, maybe all casters.

Tried equipping high ilvl whites on several twinks. 19 hunter gets no benefit (at least on the stat page) from using the white items over, say, boa items. anyone else had this happen? relogged several times, tried in all bgs, no add-ons, etc.

Tried equipping high ilvl whites on several twinks. 19 hunter gets no benefit (at least on the stat page) from using the white items over, say, boa items. anyone else had this happen? relogged several times, tried in all bgs, no add-ons, etc.

You need a full set of the highest item level items not just a few pieces, the change in stats is said to be around 41 to 42 no need to go any higher as we cant get into the next stat change with the gear we have access to.

so it could just be one piece that's holding me back from making it to the next benchmark? And is there a way to easily see ilvl without add-ons? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure @Lil tested this in the 20-29 bracket, I dont know if the benchmakrs applies to 10-19 as well, but he found that the first benchmark was at 34, then 40, 46, 52 and every 6 ilvl from there on

I'm pretty sure @Lil tested this in the 20-29 bracket, I dont know if the benchmakrs applies to 10-19 as well, but he found that the first benchmark was at 34, then 40, 46, 52 and every 6 ilvl from there on
Art and I tested this at 19, the first breakpoint is at 33.xx and the second one at 41.xx. We weren't able to hit a third one.

If 19 has any weapon set bonuses (I am clueless about 19 sorry), those do work in Battlegrounds, in fact, they work so well that if you die while having them equipped in the BG, you don't even need to have them equipped anymore to get the beneftis, even after you exit the battleground.

You can stack different weapon set bonuses at once as well.

If 19 has any weapon set bonuses (I am clueless about 19 sorry), those do work in Battlegrounds, in fact, they work so well that if you die while having them equipped in the BG, you don't even need to have them equipped anymore to get the beneftis, even after you exit the battleground.

You can stack different weapon set bonuses at once as well.
Set bonuses were removed.

Stuck on 41 in my set as loom wep does more dmg than others with higher ilvl as ret pala

Users who are viewing this thread