EU+US BiS items for Leather wearing classes in Legion.

Dual wield will always be better, your damage comes from auto swings and abilities.
This, you'd just be gaining extra stats if ilvl matters like people think it might, but you'd still be losing all the OH damage as a result, not worth the small stat gain. Also there's other OHs with higher ilvl

I'm thinking more along the lines of swapping to the pouch when using a big finishing move or opener (depending on what part of the new rogue builds will be OP, maybe switching out for 1 ability global is worth)

We would have to see how many stats you gain for ilvl, but I highly doubt that by switching for OH you would gain more dmg. One auto attack with dual wield would probably do more damage than stats gained, but I suppose it is always a possibility, although EXTREMELY unlikely.

What do we think about rogues and dual weilding? Will it be 2 highest item level weapons in each hand or will it be 1 wep main hand and furbolg pouch offhand?

I've thought of that.

It really is simply a case of "the lesser of two evils".

Here's three scenarios:
A player with an ilvl333 2-hand weapon
A player with an ilvl333 1-hand weapon & ilvl333 off-hand
A player with an ilvl333 1-hand weapon and NO off-hand

If you count a 2H weapon as two slots' worth, these three players average 333, 333, and 166.5. The player missing his offhand is scored appropriately.

If you count a 2H weapon as one slots' worth, and disregard empty off-hand sockets, these three players average 333, 333, and 333. The third player who's obviously missing roughly half his stats, still scores as high as anyone else.

Every scoring system I've come across does this, to account for 2H vs 1H weapons properly, and to fairly account for 2H weapons having roughly twice the stats of 1H weapons.

It does seem much more straight forward to do a 'real' average by dividing total ilvl by the number of slots used, but this doesn't punish people for having completely empty slots. Having a 2H weapon leave 1 slot empty is different to every other slot, so has to be treated differently.

Have they stated anything about "iLvl x Agi" etc.? No.

Please don't post conspiracies in this thread. Anything stated by Blizzard can be posted, but don't post illuminati conspiracies and random stuff in that category. Thanks.

I strongly suggest we don't get so vocal about changes to come when there's only a small, small, small chance that Blizzard will overlook this. They're not idiots and will go through to fix items with low level requirements if any leak through their fixes upon implementing this change. I suggest we don't spread information that is very doubtful to occur for accuracy sake. This ilevel thread is actually more conspiracy than practical and I highly doubt that this thread outsmarts Blizzard.

When sharing knowledge there's a responsibility to not lead a group in the wrong direction. Especially of newer members... Especially on a brand new website... Seeing as how no one else has been posting this information (because I'm pretty sure no one is underestimating blizzard enough to post said information) , I believe it's best we hold off on this content until we see it in use on the PTR within a few months of launch before we start trying to enforce that these events will actually occur only to lead in the wrong direction. It's so early in the game right now and there's no point in theorizing an entire meta / gearing based off of the very early words that we're hearing that nearly 100% factually speaking will be tweaked and change before they ever make it live. This is not our first expansion and anyone who's been around long enough to see multiple expansions (or all of them) knows that this is not a good idea to be posting this content right now.

The last thing you want to do is have the entire community take one thread 100% seriously and then blame the poster and the site for having inaccurate content.

No one is calling you a fool or meaning anything personal towards you, however we just don't want 50 people claiming all different set ups and changes about a game that's not even close to launch, all on the whim that the OP had masterminding-ly outsmarted Blizzard. It's content that has a very low probability of occurring and we shouldn't be relaying information as fact if in reality chances are this will not be the case.

Edit: This thread should have MASSIVE disclaimers all over the original post if it's to remain...

Just my 2c

Last edited:
I strongly suggest we don't get so vocal about changes to come when there's only a small, small, small chance that Blizzard will overlook this. They're not idiots and will go through to fix items with low level requirements if any leak through their fixes upon implementing this change. I suggest we don't spread information that is very doubtful to occur for accuracy sake. This ilevel thread is actually more conspiracy than practical and I highly doubt that this thread outsmarts Blizzard.

When sharing knowledge there's a responsibility to not lead a group in the wrong direction. Especially of newer members... Especially on a brand new website... Seeing as how no one else has been posting this information (because I'm pretty sure no one is underestimating blizzard enough to post said information) , I believe it's best we hold off on this content until we see it in use on the PTR within a few months of launch before we start trying to enforce that these events will actually occur only to lead in the wrong direction. It's so early in the game right now and there's no point in theorizing an entire meta / gearing based off of the very early words that we're hearing that nearly 100% factually speaking will be tweaked and change before they ever make it live. This is not our first expansion and anyone who's been around long enough to see multiple expansions (or all of them) knows that this is not a good idea to be posting this content right now.

The last thing you want to do is have the entire community take one thread 100% seriously and then blame the poster and the site for having inaccurate content.

No one is calling you a fool or meaning anything personal towards you, however we just don't want 50 people claiming all different set ups and changes about a game that's not even close to launch, all on the whim that the OP had masterminding-ly outsmarted Blizzard. It's content that has a very low probability of occurring and we shouldn't be relaying information as fact if in reality chances are this will not be the case.

Edit: This thread should have MASSIVE disclaimers all over the original post if it's to remain...

Just my 2c

The legion.wowhead.com website is as updated as the PTR will ever be. So using "Wait till the PTR" as an arguement is useless, as the legion.wowhead.com website is just as useful. Therefor I'm gonna look over your post.

This thread isn't supposed to be trying to outsmart blizzard. It's pretty simple: BiS 19 Leather Twink Gear with the information we currently have about legion. Nothing else. I'm not making this up. I'm using information published by Blizzard and datamined information on legion.wowhead.com to determine what's BiS and what's not as of now with this information. Therefor it's not a conspiracy. If this was a conspiracy then the fact that Obama is the president is a conspiracy.

Last edited:
I would really love some proof of whites effecting ilvl pvp in legion, maybe someone with alpha could tell us, cough cough saka

>game is in alpha
>concrete
>my sides

3 weeks ago they gutted sub rogues entirely. Yesterday, they posted that they're revamping the entire spec. Predictions are fun

The boots are wrong... Trailblazer boots would be bis ilvl 30

The boots are wrong... Trailblazer boots would be bis ilvl 30

No because that'd mean you wouldn't be using jutebraids. They're from the same quest. Jutes will give you more additional ilvl than Trails.

Users who are viewing this thread