EU+US Best Rogue Spec for 19?

Baaliici

Grandfathered
I've been running Outlaw and I've been doing really well. A 5-Point Run Through can Crit anywhere between 1.1-2k (from what I've seen), is this currently the best PvP Spec for Arenas? I've only ever really seen people use it in this Bracket.

I've also been running outlaw. Which talent are you using? Just switched to Ghostly Strike myself from Swordmaster.

I've also been running outlaw. Which talent are you using? Just switched to Ghostly Strike myself from Swordmaster.

I'm pretty sure Swordmaster is the best. I tried using Ghostly Strike for a while and felt like my DPS wasn't increasing by too significant a value to be spending 30 Energy on it. Swordmaster + Battleworn Thrash Blade is really good. I'm consistently proc'ing my free Pistol Shot ever 1-3 Saber Slashes.

Outlaw for cookie cutting, assa for most possibilities with your team

Outlaw is the classic out of stealth SS spam rogues that a lot of twinks love. Add in the ranged slow and its pretty powerful.

Assassination I'm not sure about. With shadowstep and poisons, you gain a lot of movement and utility. Not sold on the damage yet. Mutilate is pretty good damage, but higher energy cost. Finishers are lacking. Wound poison + crippling poison will probably be very powerful for hunting down FCs - especially in team play.

Subtlety is the only spec without a slow, which is pretty sad. Backstab from behind is really good damage and only 35 energy. Eviscerate damage isn't too far behind run-through damage. The better your opponents are, the harder it is to make good use out of backstab though. Paired up with someone who can slow, the damage on a running opponent is pretty good. Also shadowstep can make for some interesting plays.

I'm pretty sure Swordmaster is the best. I tried using Ghostly Strike for a while and felt like my DPS wasn't increasing by too significant a value to be spending 30 Energy on it. Swordmaster + Battleworn Thrash Blade is really good. I'm consistently proc'ing my free Pistol Shot ever 1-3 Saber Slashes.

I've been using swordmaster as well. Quick Draw lets you get to finishers a bit quicker, but ultimately isn't really much more damage. Ghostly strike doesn't seem bad, but it almost seems more PVE oriented.

Side note - the battleworn thrash blade double-hit doesn't proc in BGs/arenas. Might be fun for duels though.

It's just like sinister strike with a 45% chance to proc a free pistol shot is it not? Sword master has a 10% chance to make saber slash hit twice, meaning two combo points and two chances to proc?
Saber Slash has by default a 35% chance to strike twice and proc a free Pistol Shot, regardless of talent.

Swordmaster increases that chance to 45% while Quick Draw increases the damage of free Pistol Shots by 50% and makes them generate 2 combo points instead of 1.

Saber Slash has by default a 35% chance to strike twice and proc a free Pistol Shot, regardless of talent.

Swordmaster increases that chance to 45% while Quick Draw increases the damage of free Pistol Shots by 50% and makes them generate 2 combo points instead of 1.
Well I am glad that the tool tip in game does not say that, Thanks for clearing that up for me! I'll just stick to paladin -.-

Okay, so Outlaw does have the biggest damage potential, and is overall more initial damage to my own experience. It does seem like the overall go-to spec in all seriousness. However, Assassination does have its uses with Shadowstep, crippling poison and deadly poison. What this spec lacks in damage output, it has in utility. Both specs are viable, but played differently. However, if I were to pick one as the most powerful, I'd go with Outlaw, just due to the sheer damage output.

When it comes to talents in Outlaw, all of them seem viable. Quick draw has the biggest burst potential if Saber Slash procs the free Pistol Shot. However, it is inconsistent compared to the other talents. Swordmaster makes the proc chance of Saber Slash go up by 10%, so that's 35% to 45%, which is roughly a proc pr. 2 saber slashes (EU math :Kappa:). This seems like the most sustainable talent, and doesn't require you to set anything up. Ghostly Strike definitely has its uses. Where I can see Ghostly Strike being good are in situations where you wanna land a kill on someone in mid with your team, or setting up a kill on EFC. I personally find that the go-to talent choice would be Swordmaster, just because it's good overall, it's not a niche pick, and will always give you some value no matter the situation pretty much.

Personally I find assassination a lot more fun to play.

Nerfs for run through are live now :
Run Through (Outlaw) damage reduced by 15% in PvP.
Run Through damage reduced to 142% of Attack Power (was 150%).

Hopefully we will get to a point where assassination is the spec to be - more fun and higher skill cap.

However in premades it may already be the best due to mobility and also the ability to step through gauntlets being big.

Nerfs for run through are live now :
Run Through (Outlaw) damage reduced by 15% in PvP.
Run Through damage reduced to 142% of Attack Power (was 150%).

Hopefully we will get to a point where assassination is the spec to be - more fun and higher skill cap.

However in premades it may already be the best due to mobility and also the ability to step through gauntlets being big.

Yes pls.

Users who are viewing this thread