EU+US Best item lvl Build for lvl 20 Arenas?

Bakedaflol

The Arthritic Arch-Druid
trying to put together an item level build for lvl 20 arenas. I play Holy Paladin/Prot Paladin. Since I am making a new toon on US, Im doing it mostly without looms and gold, anything I can farm? Where do I go? :) Thanks in advance!

Gear is pretty much obsolete in legion and all specs have a preset template for stats in instanced pvp. You want to get full plate gear to receive a 5% stat bonus for wearing your proper gear for your class. Also at certain ilvl thresholds you may increase stats by 1%. Good luck.

So long as you put an ilvl 25 or higher plate item in every slot, you'll be g2g in pvp without noticing much (if any) difference in stats between you and the other guy.

This can mostly be done via looms (they're easy, just wait for DMF to roll around) and high level blues from chain quest rewards and high level greens from ashenvale. Just hit wowhead, sort by item level and you'll be more than fine.

Gear is pretty much obsolete in legion and all specs have a preset template for stats in instanced pvp. You want to get full plate gear to receive a 5% stat bonus for wearing your proper gear for your class. Also at certain ilvl thresholds you may increase stats by 1%. Good luck.

Item level is everything there is to PvP as of now, as of how I've understood it, stats make no difference in arenas, thats why getting as high item level as possible is the best for instanced arenas. While for World PvP its another story

Item level is everything there is to PvP as of now, as of how I've understood it, stats make no difference in arenas, thats why getting as high item level as possible is the best for instanced arenas. While for World PvP its another story
You'll need the loom helm from the guild vendor. Apparently, it's the only plate helm available for linked starter accounts. Since you're starting a new account in the US as pure f2p, a plate class is always going to be gimped for you because not wearing a plate helm will take away 5% stats. Wearing your classes main armor type in every slot is a 5% increase to your pvp stat template.

I think cloth helms are the only helms available for pure f2p. The two fishing hats and flying tiger goggles. Am I wrong?

¨Starting at level 50, you receive a 5% increase to your primary stat for wearing plate.¨ - you sir, are wrong, not to sound to much of a bad person. But its like, yes, Item level is everything in instanced arenas.

@LuckystrikedWoW That is a general stat bonus - there is also something you get specific to instanced pvp to reward players for focusing on the proper gear over ilvl min-maxing.

It's all very confusing, since that passive you linked is also in the game.

Bop

P.S., I would highly recommend playing Retribution to climb rating on the ladder. As a level 20, it's just far and away the best class at climbing the ladder solo.

If you have a 2nd or even 3rd who you would be playing with occasionally, then your options open up a lot more.

As it is, you can't queue healers in 2v2 skirmishes :/ This is because at endgame (and at xpoff brackets, for that matter) healers in 2v2 skirmishes had like a 95% win rate against 2x dps teams. So for the sake of players who solo queue as DPS, they decided to make 2v2 skirmishes a damage fest.

So unless you're queueing 3's, you won't be able to play holy paladin.

I would also recommend not playing Protection Paladin. Tank specializations take extra damage in PvP and deal slightly less.

lol pls stop destroying me and my random queue pug buddies in 3s ;(

@LuckystrikedWoW That is a general stat bonus - there is also something you get specific to instanced pvp to reward players for focusing on the proper gear over ilvl min-maxing.

It's all very confusing, since that passive you linked is also in the game.

Bop

P.S., I would highly recommend playing Retribution to climb rating on the ladder. As a level 20, it's just far and away the best class at climbing the ladder solo.

If you have a 2nd or even 3rd who you would be playing with occasionally, then your options open up a lot more.

As it is, you can't queue healers in 2v2 skirmishes :/ This is because at endgame (and at xpoff brackets, for that matter) healers in 2v2 skirmishes had like a 95% win rate against 2x dps teams. So for the sake of players who solo queue as DPS, they decided to make 2v2 skirmishes a damage fest.

So unless you're queueing 3's, you won't be able to play holy paladin.

I would also recommend not playing Protection Paladin. Tank specializations take extra damage in PvP and deal slightly less.

Im playing holy on EU :) And I have partners, so thats not a problem B) but I do understand your concerns, rets are insane atm.

as f2p, you wont be able to reach the ilvl threshold of 34, so no point trying really. the high ilvl ring and necklace cost more than 10 gold so you wont be able to get them. just fill all the slots with white items from vendors and you will have the same stats as someone with ilvl 34.

5% stats for wearing the highest armor type has been discreetly added to bgs of all levels. you wont find any official notes on it, but it is there

In instanced PvP even lower levels gain the added bonus.

That is kinda fudge, considering its almost impossible to get full plate without invasion gear, wich is unobtainable now :O

The only thing you need gear wise is slowest weapon possible if you are melee or highest top end damage possible for feral.

Leather and mail eyepatch are available for alliance only through a Stockades quest.

Edit: they're also ilvl 30 which makes them on par with warforged invasion gear.
How could I forget the "skillpatch" ?!.....damn.
its almost impossible to get full plate without invasion gear,
Yeah, if you want a strong hybrid, pally is still good, but every other hybrid class is probably better for pure f2p.

That is kinda fudge, considering its almost impossible to get full plate without invasion gear, wich is unobtainable now :O

Blizzard has given out plenty of opportunities for people to get "free" 30 day subs. In that time a Trial could have easily chosen to snatch up all of the heirloom gear. As they are not that expensive or gotten game time with gold. I myself have offered one of my bank guilds to house Twinks as I have acheivements unlocked for all of the guild heirlooms. And I have even had "contests" where I have bought full sets of heirloom gear for people.

Come to bleeding hollow and my friends and i can help you for gold

Im on Illidan on US servers, considering getting a full account there aswell, so will definetly keep that in the back of my head! (In that case, I get my own gold naturally haha ) :)

Users who are viewing this thread