battleground rating

I've posted this many times before on TI, but because people still don't seem to get it:

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/499985036074971136

Now please stop posting uninformed bullshit.

Ratings reset when you level up, just like they have for a long time.

Child,

what you are referencing is the general format of a skirmish.

My post is a specific assessment of a low level Battleground hidden MMR.

Grow up before you interact with people online,

Thank you.

Child,

what you are referencing is the general format of a skirmish.

My post is a specific assessment of a low level Battleground hidden MMR.

Grow up before you interact with people online,

Thank you.

''haha you've proven me wrong so now I'll try to talk down to you!''

There is no bg matchmaking system made by blizzard whatsoever with the exception of actual rated bgs. Random BGs do not use a skirmish format, you are literally randomly matched with others. You cannot track anything in a way similar to what we can currently do for skirmishes.

Anything related to random bgs will have to be custom-made and it will not be good enough. A long time ago me and Healium worked on a rating add-on that would take opponent ratings etc into account and the biggest issue we faced was that people didn't want to use the add-on even though it was as close to real rating as you could get.

when you are tracking /afk ill be interested.
Agreed.

There might be something in tracking Honorable Kills or other constants in battlegrounds to detect changes and track them according to the person's win/losses/games in a battleground.

The only immediate issue I can think of is that HK's can be earned in ways other than through Battlegrounds, which would make it seem like someone earning HK's from world PvP was using /afk to exploit their rating.

''haha you've proven me wrong so now I'll try to talk down to you!''

There is no bg matchmaking system made by blizzard whatsoever with the exception of actual rated bgs. Random BGs do not use a skirmish format, you are literally randomly matched with others. You cannot track anything in a way similar to what we can currently do for skirmishes.

Anything related to random bgs will have to be custom-made and it will not be good enough. A long time ago me and Healium worked on a rating add-on that would take opponent ratings etc into account and the biggest issue we faced was that people didn't want to use the add-on even though it was as close to real rating as you could get.

The conclusion I reached in my original post was that a custom version of a battleground rating ladder would be the best way of going about calculating ELO from Battlegrounds.

A Blizzard API would not be necessary for that. I suggested that the current statistics given to us be used to calculate wins/losses and also to note when changes occur in some statistics that are not reflected in total games played (indicating /afk).

Nowhere in my post did I ever state that Blizzard definitely held a battlegrounds MMR, or that they did not hold a Skirmish MMR. Since both of your posts have been critical of my posts as perceived to be towards those 2 specific ends, I would request that you do not argue for the sake of argument, friend.

The conclusion I reached in my original post was that a custom version of a battleground rating ladder would be the best way of going about calculating ELO from Battlegrounds.

A Blizzard API would not be necessary for that. I suggested that the current statistics given to us be used to calculate wins/losses and also to note when changes occur in some statistics that are not reflected in total games played (indicating /afk).

Nowhere in my post did I ever state that Blizzard definitely held a battlegrounds MMR, or that they did not hold a Skirmish MMR. Since both of your posts have been critical of my posts as perceived to be towards those 2 specific ends, I would request that you do not argue for the sake of argument, friend.
I literally told you in the last post that we tried having an add-on for ratings before, and basically nobody was interested because it was too much effort to keep it up to date. Because if you use an add-on for ratings, you will have to keep updating it, over and over, to make sure the ratings for all players are still correct.

Just doing something as simplistic as ''you won a game, so you get + x rating'' is not remotely close to how any rated system works, save some sports like football. And how do you plan to make it better? Add objectives as something you gain rating for? What if someone likes to play a healer, and doesn't feel like he should run flags? How do you calculate rating based on healing done? Will you have a conversion for 'x healing = y rating'? Does this apply to damage done as well? Honourable kills?

The only way it's a fair system is if it only takes into account your opponents' ratings, and for that you need an add-on, and as I've already explained, people will most likely be turned off by the constant need to update the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread