EU+US Azeroth Obscura

Chops

Soccer Dad
So I'm looking to compile a definitive list of all the strange, unusual and unique places and things in WoW, with an eye towards those reachable by a f2p.

Atlas Obscura did a write up on some of the forgotten zones of the old Vanilla content. And Wowhead has a list of in game memorials. But I was also looking for just fun sights, easter eggs and unique things to see.

For instance, the Dwarf warrior and Gnome priest hanging out around back of Stormwind with their corgis. Or the field with the critter war between Stonetalon and Mulgore. I'll try to keep this post updated with a current list, coordinates and (hopefully) instructions on how to get to the more difficult ones.

I'm gonna catalog everything below:

Getting to Hyjal - A thread by @icehawk regarding getting to Hyjal flight paths. Will require a DMF cannon, gliders and lots of patience apparently.

Last edited:
Night elf starting area.
The memory of me running around collecting coopers and being amazed from looting 6 slot bag.
Back in the day when 2 gold felt like a cap.
good times.

I always enjoyed the Wetland dorf farm.

You know what I miss about vanilla? The nights were actually dark.

Nights in Legion are dark and atmospheric.

There was an old thread (among a few others) covering an identical topic to this thread before twinkinfo.com became xpoff.com, which had many posts that would also be relevant to this thread.

I'll share something that's supposedly been possible since the WoD expansion was added to the battlechest (and recently confirmed do-able), though in semi-riddled form, something your explorer may have found somewhere...

There is a continent beyond the high seas, formerly obscured by the mists.
No ships travel to there, though mages yield the way to this continent to explore, yielding you to an area formerly known as the vale that contained eternal blossoms, and a new continent to explore.

There's an island near this continent, in which time appears to stand still.
Many dangerous creatures lurk on this peculiar island, both on land and on it's adjacent waters, though
there's an underwater cave that's illuminated by an eery blue flame.
Though do not fret, as this cave will provide sanctuary from the wilds of this island, and seats for your exhausted legs.
Once you sit to relax your well-traveled boots, as you eye this blue flame...
You'll discover that the flame yields more than illumination, as you'll discover your hands may interact with this eerie flame...
And once you do so, you'll find yourself in the midst of a widly different landscape, part of a world beyond Azeroth, and from another, older, time...
... and so your explorations continue.

That said though, if anyone [on US servers] needs a mage portal (including to a city which has portals to all the vanilla, Burning Crusade, and WotLK capitals), send me a PM on xpoff while I still have game time (until 2 weeks from this post).

Last edited:
There was an old thread (among a few others) covering an identical topic to this thread before twinkinfo.com became xpoff.com, which had many posts that would also be relevant to this thread.
Do you know if there's an archive of that somewhere?

That said though, if anyone [on US servers] needs a mage portal (including to a city which has portals to all the vanilla, Burning Crusade, and WotLK capitals), send me a PM on xpoff while I still have game time (until 2 weeks from this post).
I'll prolly take you up on that.

Do you know if there's an archive of that somewhere?
Threads that I was thinking of was two of many listed in the ol' Level 20 Resources thread compilation by Yde, under this section:
A good amount of the links under this level 20 resources compliation unfortunately were broken since twinkinfo.com merged with xpoff.com, though I found a waybackmachine archive for The F2P Parkour Challenge thread (several parkours, or climbs, that F2Ps/Vets can do), and the Visiting Memorials, Hidden Areas and other forgotten places thread. It maybe tricky to navigate through these 2 waybackmachine archives [Note: to see the extra posts from OP or other people in those archived posts, there's a list of links to the individual posts above the OP. If there's no extra posts below the OP, that's where those are.]), though they contain a good vast amount of the original contents, like this from Goesid (includes the Jar of Ashes [in Outland], Blizzard's version of the Bambii story, and more). Visiting Memorials archives have a good amount of overlap with the wowhead's guide to in-game Memorials thread, though it has some examples of possibly peculiar sites out there that are not memorials (like the critter war, a version of the bambi story, and more, including scenic areas).

There's some more (although in terms of more difficult to reach places and similar) listed in this more current thread as well: http://xpoff.com/threads/mt-hyjal-how-to-get-there-other-hard-to-reach-places.66522/ by icehawk.

As for sights and places out there (off the top of my head currently, some overlap with the archived stuffs as well):
-Peak of the mountain above Ironforge (a hunter leap or similar is needed to get up 1 climbing crux, though everything else beyond that is do-able/trivial).
-Dwarf farm in wetlands above the cliffs (accessible by jumping and gliding down from the snowy Khaz-modan area).
-In-game memorial in Northern Barrens.
-Accessing the "Quel-thalas" area behind Stratholme through utilizing a toy (or similar) to get through the invisible instance wall.
-Hidden waterfall and tents within the mountains to the north-east of Stormwind and above Northshire.
-And more.

As for in-game climbs and possible climbs (or parkours) that's do-able solo:
-Roof of Goldshire inn (or any other alliance inn sharing that model), and roof of blacksmith in goldshire.
-The roofs of Stormwind (in trade district [blue], mage district [purple], among others).
-Climbing to the "pleasure palace" in Azshara (2 different possible climbs I've found, one that needed a hunter leap, and another that didn't). Recommended for Horde, as there's level 110 horde-ogre guards/bouncers in that palace up there.
-And more, as also seen within the ol' Parkour Challenge thread, among other possible climbs out there.

Last edited:
Threads that I was thinking of was two of many listed in the ol' Level 20 Resources thread compilation by Yde, under this section:

A good amount of the links under this level 20 resources compliation unfortunately were broken since twinkinfo.com merged with xpoff.com, though I found a waybackmachine archive for The F2P Parkour Challenge thread (several parkours, or climbs, that F2Ps/Vets can do), and the Visiting Memorials, Hidden Areas and other forgotten places thread. It maybe tricky to navigate through these 2 waybackmachine archives, though they contain a good vast amount of the original contents, like this from Goesid (includes the Jar of Ashes [in Outland], Blizzard's version of the Bambii story, and more). Visiting Memorials archives have a good amount of overlap with the wowhead's guide to in-game Memorials thread, though it has some examples of possibly peculiar sites out there that are not memorials (like the critter war, a version of the bambi story, and more, including scenic areas).

There's some more (although in terms of more difficult to reach places and similar) listed in this more current thread as well: http://xpoff.com/threads/mt-hyjal-how-to-get-there-other-hard-to-reach-places.66522/ by icehawk.

As for sights and places out there (off the top of my head currently, some overlap with the archived stuffs as well):
-Peak of the mountain above Ironforge (a hunter leap or similar is needed to get up 1 climbing crux, though everything else beyond that is do-able/trivial).
-Dwarf farm in wetlands above the cliffs (accessible by jumping and gliding down from the snowy Khaz-modan area).
-In-game memorial in Northern Barrens.
-Accessing the "Quel-thalas" area behind Stratholme through utilizing a toy (or similar) to get through the invisible instance wall.
-Hidden waterfall and tents within the mountains to the north-east of Stormwind and above Northshire.
-And more.

As for in-game climbs and possible climbs (or parkours) that's do-able solo:
-Roof of Goldshire inn (or any other alliance inn sharing that model), and roof of blacksmith in goldshire.
-The roofs of Stormwind (in trade district [blue], mage district [purple], among others).
-Climbing to the "pleasure palace" in Azshara (2 different possible climbs I've found, one that needed a hunter leap, and another that didn't). Recommended for Horde, as there's level 110 horde-ogre guards/bouncers in that palace up there.
-And more, as also seen within the ol' Parkour Challenge thread, among other possible climbs out there.
@Conq
@Hashbrowns
Can we restore those threads?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread