EU+US Archaeology in 7.2 - Best Artifact Power Source?

Why isn't anyone doing the Elite Digsite where the Ettins are in Highmountain? It's super easy because all the Ettins scale to your level.
We know. No one said that. Burial Grounds = Northwestern Part of the Zone. Mobs are 110, normal and elite.

Trying out some sites on my hunter now. So far I have 3 silver and zero gold. Got one kobold skull and 2 spirits to spawn, both of which dropped nothing but archaeology fragments. Am I doing something wrong? I have roughly 500 AP in 5 gold and 10+ silver combined between my DK and hunter...

Some 99's are reporting a hotfix nerf to arch ap today. Anyone in this bracket experience?

They nerfed it last night because 110s were getting too much ap through this. So we are screwed again. :(

I knew it. Today, just felt... Off. Yesterday, I was a happy twink... today, I was like WTF!? Couldn't find anything on googles though.

I'm still getting ~1.5k/hour in Stormheim on my DH, so not too bad. Can probably bring it up to at least 2k/hour with the help of some addons and less slacking.

Still? ... before the nerf you could almost get 8 times the amount. And tbh 1500 means that you were quite lucky.
I spent about 2 hours yesterday doing Stormheim because my Shockadin was just about to hit Rank 17 so I was pushing for AP. I was going through 3-4 Digsites without getting any AP. I would get that little Collector dude, but he would literally drop nothing. In total over 2-ish hours I made 770 AP. It's complete shit imho. Blizz should fix it so that you are guaranteed at least one AP Token for each Digsite. NL farms are far superior to Archeo at this point, I just can't stand the "grind" so I don't do it myself.

Still? ... before the nerf you could almost get 8 times the amount. And tbh 1500 means that you were quite lucky.

"Still" because it's still a decent amount. Of course RNG is RNG, but after many hours of post-nerf digging I'm averaging a solid 1.5k. Being a DH however does speed things up significantly, and the legendary boots as well (25% movement speed, instant mounting and allows you to survey in the air).

Last edited:
I spent about 2 hours yesterday doing Stormheim because my Shockadin was just about to hit Rank 17 so I was pushing for AP. I was going through 3-4 Digsites without getting any AP. I would get that little Collector dude, but he would literally drop nothing. In total over 2-ish hours I made 770 AP. It's complete shit imho. Blizz should fix it so that you are guaranteed at least one AP Token for each Digsite. NL farms are far superior to Archeo at this point, I just can't stand the "grind" so I don't do it myself.

But 2 hours isn't nearly enough for a good estimate. Sometimes I don't get anything at all in 20 minutes, but my average is still high.

This is why I keep digging and digging (screenshotted just minutes ago):
w3Ojc0t.png

But 2 hours isn't nearly enough for a good estimate. Sometimes I don't get anything at all in 20 minutes, but my average is still high.
Sure it is, when you're trying to determine per hour rates. Also mine was with 1 Elite Digsite completed too. About a week before that I did Stormheim on my 99 DH, completed 5 Digsites and got no AP at all. Prior to the nerf, I was getting about 1-1.5 Tokens per Digsite. 1 per Digsite isn't at all unreasonable to ask of Blizz.

From my experience as an Arcane mage, I found nelth farming is far more consistent. I have my runs down to less than 6 minutes, that's about 15 skyhorns an hour so about 1.5-2k AP an hour. Could be more with good rng. Plus paragon chests make it even more worth it. Plus with arch they randomly spawn in 110 sub areas. Was a huge turn off for me.

FYI: If you want to level archaeology and you start now (like me on a new twink) don't bother to go to Suramar if your skill isn't at least 520. You can't pick up the surveyed items before that.

FYI: If you want to level archaeology and you start now (like me on a new twink) don't bother to go to Suramar if your skill isn't at least 520. You can't pick up the surveyed items before that.
Are you positive? I've done it on 2 diff Twinks, my 99 DH and my 101 Shockadin and had no issues in Suramar. However, I haven't done it recently (this week) so maybe Blizz changed something.

Are you positive? I've done it on 2 diff Twinks, my 99 DH and my 101 Shockadin and had no issues in Suramar. However, I haven't done it recently (this week) so maybe Blizz changed something.

It was today. Have done it before on different twinks, not possible anymore.

I've been leveling archaeology on my 101 in Suramar too, I have found only one location that requires 505 skill level (not even 520) it's to the north west where the bears sleep or forage around the trees. All other locations including the gold digsite are lootable. I wasn't online yesterday but was Sunday and until I reached 505, I couldn't loot items in that one digsite. I was around arch level 50 when I started in Suramar. Might of just sneaked ahead of the zone nerf.

I've been leveling archaeology on my 101 in Suramar too, I have found only one location that requires 505 skill level (not even 520) it's to the north west where the bears sleep or forage around the trees. All other locations including the gold digsite are lootable. I wasn't online yesterday but was Sunday and until I reached 505, I couldn't loot items in that one digsite. I was around arch level 50 when I started in Suramar. Might of just sneaked ahead of the zone nerf.
Thanks for the info. Exactly where it happened, at the sleeping bears. I'm on my way to Suramar now and try out other places. Will report back soon.

Digsite: Northern Moonfall Retreat (sleeping bears) - requires 520
0Dpn8k8.png

Digsite: Eastern Ambervale - works
23Z6lTA.jpg

So weird. oO They seem to changed something again. Same for xp. When I dig in Eastern Kingdoms I get 20 XP each and in Suramar I get 3000 XP (both rested).

Users who are viewing this thread