EU+US Archaeology in 7.2 - Best Artifact Power Source?

5 digsites, 85 AP... screw this, NL i'm back. ^^

I couldnt be bothered with the golden one. :(
Just do the Elite Digsites in Highmountain that are where the Ettins have that hilltop camp. The Mobs scale down to your Level and are easy tbh. My 99 DH breezed through them with no concern.

Just do the Elite Digsites in Highmountain that are where the Ettins have that hilltop camp. The Mobs scale down to your Level and are easy tbh. My 99 DH breezed through them with no concern.

It was the one on the far west coast, mobs were 110 and a couple of elites walking around. Too much hassle on my 830 dk. (

Had some luck in Neltharions Hort and was lucky to 4spots and farmed ~10k AP in 3 1/2Hours :D
WoWScrnShot_033117_014130.jpg

3 digsites, with one of them being gold. I got 600ap so far, so I'm getting lucky. 515 from the gold site and 85 from the 2 regular sites.

The gold site took me 20 mins because I had to run away constantly from the 110 mobs and I got ganked once by a 110. Regular sites 3-5 mins each, easy.

Will post more results when I farm later tonight.

Farming this on my survival hunter btw.

Done more testing, after a hour I only got 400 AP. Nelth seem to be faster for AP farming, it's too much RNG on Archeology.

Done more testing, after a hour I only got 400 AP. Nelth seem to be faster for AP farming, it's too much RNG on Archeology.

Nelth can also be very rng. But I guess it's good because you can work towards those rep satchels

Last edited by a moderator:
Belts can also be very rng. But I guess it's good because you can work towards those rep satchels
Exactly. ^^ kazun kept getting 400 AP/run last night lol, 10k in a few hours :p

I had great luck the first couple sites I tried on patch day. Since then I average one jar of ash (85 AP or summon ghost) every other site. Maybe it got nerfed a bit?

I had great luck the first couple sites I tried on patch day. Since then I average one jar of ash (85 AP or summon ghost) every other site. Maybe it got nerfed a bit?

Its just really bad luck. That or average luck. I had the same problem on the PTR.

It's weird how much it can fluctuate so much.

It'S just RNG. Atm it feels like every silver gives 85 or 115 ap. Golden are more versatile. The one i did right now gave me 1050 ap (750 + 300) which was good and the one golden after that 715ap.

I'm respeccing my artifact weapon now, have to invest 6840ap, almost there (6095/6840) after digging for ~90min so far.

Last edited:
2 gold, 6 silver got me 4 jars, one 300 AP piece.

Highmountain is such a pain in the ass zone for that. Finally finished my grind from 1-800 on my mage. 76 restored artifacts later. And way less artifact power than expected. -.- Had to ignore the golden dig site at burial grounds and so I didn't get as many golden sites that I would normally have.

Those zones only reset weekly so I will wait til wednesday and hope for stormheim to become active, this was by far the best site for twinks on the ptr.

Highmountain is such a pain in the ass zone for that. Finally finished my grind from 1-800 on my mage. 76 restored artifacts later. And way less artifact power than expected. -.- Had to ignore the golden dig site at burial grounds and so I didn't get as many golden sites that I would normally have.

Those zones only reset weekly so I will wait til wednesday and hope for stormheim to become active, this was by far the best site for twinks on the ptr.
Why isn't anyone doing the Elite Digsite where the Ettins are in Highmountain? It's super easy because all the Ettins scale to your level.

Users who are viewing this thread