Alpha testing Legion

Yeah I actually have.

Get your gear from quests before Legion. No more option to chose cloth item rewards for lets say, holy paladin. Sure gear doesnt make any difference in instanced pvp but world pvp/duelling still counts.

Exactly my thought. There's not many reasons to keep "tinks" and non-tinks separated in Legion if gear and enchants won't matter. Quality would become worse but a lot of brackets would come alive again.
But gear stil matters (ilvl) and there will still be difference. Just alot lesser.

Base Ilvl for 10-19 is like the ilvl looms scale to now, 24. You can up that with white ilvl items, gf'd items or normal gear above ilvl 24 etc to reach higher ilvl. The difference will be 1ilvl=0,1% power increase. So lets say you can get yourself up to ilvl 40 then its 16ilvl above the standard meaning 16*0,1= 1,6% increase.

Players with Gf'd gear will always have the advantage over players who don't. Personally due to this I'd have rather seen that the ilvl 24 would also have been the cap but that is not the case, even though I am lucky that all my 19s, and I have all classes, have gf'd gear.

Last edited:
Time will tell, we gotta have patience!
Yeah but what does this community want... are yall going to stand up for keeping the way we have now or do we want to get back into games with levelers?

Waiting till Legion goes live might be to late. Hope they will open up de Beta soon and adding instanced pvp to the leveling realms. I already have asked this on the alpha forums but still no answer sadly.

Yeah but what does this community want... are yall going to stand up for keeping the way we have now or do we want to get back into games with levelers?

Waiting till Legion goes live might be to late if we want to keep the way it is now. Hope they will open up de Beta soon and adding instanced pvp to the leveling realms.

It's hard to answer that imo, i strive for quality over quantity but i can imagine people wanting 24/7 pops which would happen with the bracket merge.

strive for quality over quantity
This is what most people want on this community site.

I personally don't care but a merger would mean that I could play all my other tinks again and that is a big + and also a bigger chance that this community will grow alot larger with players who want to stay at a certain level. This community can always have quality over quantity in a merger situation with wargames, like the plebmades.

Thinking about all of the above, a merger isn't so bad at all. hmmm

This is what most people want on this community site.

I personally don't care but a merger would mean that I could play all my other tinks again and that is a big + and also a bigger chance that this community will grow alot larger with players who want to stay at a certain level. This community can always have quality over quantity in a merger situation with wargames, like the plebmades.

Thinking about all of the above, a merger isn't so bad at all. hmmm
Imo merging would be horrible bc competition would get even worse and the bracket would drop down to just war games and plebmades

Imo merging would be horrible bc competition would get even worse and the bracket would drop down to just war games and plebmades
But the chances are high that more players will lock xp and more guilds will be formed and more players on this site and more players going to practise and more wargames will be played and more competition arises and even a bigger XPOff cup tournament... and so on and so on :)

Reactions: Vor

Take merge any day.
People will actually start being banned for terra abuses in that case.

CHARACTER_TYPE_FRAME_TRIAL_BOOST_CHARACTER_TOOLTIP (New) - Create a new level 100 character and try it for a limited time. You have an option to apply a boost token to this character at the end of the trial.

interesting if it will work with starters.

Last edited:
Take merge any day.
This.
As someone who isn't able to play at times when bg's are generally available, and some nights lucky to get 2 arena fights in 1.5 hours with no bg pops, I'll take merger thanks.
At least everyone will be on a more level footing damage and health wise.
Even arena will be more enjoyable on a more equal footing, well in theory anyways ;)

This.
As someone who isn't able to play at times when bg's are generally available, and some nights lucky to get 2 arena fights in 1.5 hours with no bg pops, I'll take merger thanks.
At least everyone will be on a more level footing damage and health wise.
Even arena will be more enjoyable on a more equal footing, well in theory anyways ;)
Does no one ever notice how much twinks are shamed upon end gamers all that will happen in bgs and arenas is shit talking and people telling us twinks suck and then people will think their good and do shit like try and FC on a warlock or some shit and their excuse is "it's low lvl bgs" "it's not rated who cares"

Does no one ever notice how much tinks are shamed upon end gamers all that will happen in bgs and arenas is shit talking and people telling us tinks suck and then people will think their good and do shit like try and FC on a warlock or some shit and their excuse is "it's low lvl bgs" "it's not rated who cares"
The thing actually is why would they if there would be a merger and differences between a fully decked level 19 bis twink and a level 10 in grey gear is for the most 2% probably with maxed out ilvl. People just cant call that a twink anymore, there would be no argument. And even then they just look at it from a negative perspective, which they do on live.

The thing actually is why would they if there would be a merger and differences between a fully decked level 19 bis tink and a level 10 in grey gear is for the most 2% probably with maxed out ilvl. People just cant call that a tink anymore, there would be no argument. And even then they just look at it from a negative perspective, which they do on live.
It's not all about that little 2% increase its about the noobs grabbing flag and fucking up games compared to a legit team that knows what their doing

Does no one ever notice how much tinks are shamed upon end gamers all that will happen in bgs and arenas is shit talking and people telling us tinks suck and then people will think their good and do shit like try and FC on a warlock or some shit and their excuse is "it's low lvl bgs" "it's not rated who cares"

Take pugs as skill. right.
who stopping you from making wargames?

You CANNOT argue that the quality of pugs won't be worse. Its a fact. If they merged BGs, you will no longer be able to rely on healers, DPS or FCs.

Play a few XP-On bgs. Priest are just DPS bots, DPS run in by themselves over and over again and die, and FCs make terrible decisions.

Why the fuck would I want my bracket to become that? Seriously? For the sake of people to get pops that are still holding on to the 39/49/59 dream?

Please.

I am 100% in favor of a merge, the quality of PuGs is lacking as is as the bracket grows, and if gear doesn't matter than skill will. Wargames are where the quality game play is anyway.

Not only that but if they keep things as is and remove gear, grandfathered players will be so much stronger than everyone else that it'll be impossible to have any recruiting potential, or quality games.

If they don't merge us, i wouldn't be surprised if 19s died after a few months tops, at least in PuGs.

However increased activity from a merge would result in a massive growth within the community, more guilds, more people, more war games, bigger turnies, bigger price pools, and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
You CANNOT argue that the quality of pugs won't be worse. Its a fact. If they merged BGs, you will no longer be able to rely on healers, DPS or FCs.

Play a few XP-On bgs. Priest are just DPS bots, DPS run in by themselves over and over again and die, and FCs make terrible decisions.

Why the duck would I want my bracket to become that? Seriously? For the sake of people to get pops that are still holding on to the 39/49/59 dream?

Please.

You're looking at it solely from a level 19 US perspective; there are other regions and other brackets that don't have pops at all. Like no one in here is denying that quality would become worse, but facts are: twinking is practically dead (compared to a few years ago) and for us who like lower-level PvP, this would create a great opportunity to play something other than end-game or 20-29. Just look at EU 19s, which I'm sure you can relate to, a bracket that's had a few months of pops for the past three (?) years, while all other brackets are dead. This means that there's no quality at all since there aren't any pops.

In Vanilla/TBC this WAS twinking, queueing into shit BGs and trying to affect the outcome of the game. We'd still get quality in premading through the wargame system, something which wasn't possible in Vanilla/TBC.

Last edited:
You're looking at it solely from a level 19 US perspective; there are other regions and other brackets that don't have pops at all. Like no one in here is denying that quality would become worse, but facts are: tinking is practically dead (compared to a few years ago) and for us who like lower-level PvP, this would create a great opportunity to play something other than end-game or 20-29. Just look at EU 19s, which I'm sure you can relate to, a bracket that's had a few months of pops for the past three (?) years, while all other brackets are dead. This means that there's no quality at all since there aren't any pops.

In Vanilla/TBC this WAS tinking, queueing into shit BGs and trying to affect the outcome of the game. We'd still get quality in premading through the wargame system, something which wasn't possible in Vanilla/TBC.
Twinking in vanilla and tbc was just about killing noobs and laughing at them while you 1 shot them this is nothing like then because then it was only gear and chants but now it's about experience in the bracket with these end game fools trying to level in bgs there is many people doing the "shut up you pleb ass twink Ik how to cap a flat" then they get 4 shot in tunn throwing games. This would be every game all games become trash, war games do not imply everyone will become to play in them some people are casual puggers and bg with their friends and hate war games like myself if you take away pugs the bracket dies, war games is just like Allstars on sports teams not everyone plays and it's all about competition the merge would be a downfall of bgs. Twinking has become to a new era where we want competition not some vanilla twinking where you just there for some shit n giggles 2 shotting we need competition to strive and evolve our bracket

Users who are viewing this thread