EU+US Alliance Shaman race

Lebowski

Legend
Sick of waiting 50 minutes to get into a BG, only to have Horde stacked with three healers and Alliance knobjobs with zero. Will be rolling a Resto Shaman and am interested to hear whether you think Draenei, Dwarf, or Pandaren would be the way to go racial-wise...

I'm basically wondering if Quaking Palm is better than Gift of the Naaru, Stoneform, or vice versus. I can't really imagine Stoneform helping that much when inbred Surv Huntards can instagib you if you're not ready, so was thinking maybe Quaking Palm or GoTN could be useful, but I have no experience with either.

Dwarves do have dem sexy beards tho.

Thoughts?

for twinks, nothing is useful but cc. the dmg reduc has 0 value as the damage to hp ratio is way too high. panda is BiS imo for pugging.

racials are eh, go with what you think looks best, or what you'd rather play

i tried dwarf but they're so disgusting and also draenei but they have weird ugly hoof feet so pandas also get my vote

Sick of waiting 50 minutes to get into a BG, only to have Horde stacked with three healers and Alliance knobjobs with zero. Will be rolling a Resto Shaman and am interested to hear whether you think Draenei, Dwarf, or Pandaren would be the way to go racial-wise...

I'm basically wondering if Quaking Palm is better than Gift of the Naaru, Stoneform, or vice versus. I can't really imagine Stoneform helping that much when inbred Surv Huntards can instagib you if you're not ready, so was thinking maybe Quaking Palm or GoTN could be useful, but I have no experience with either.

Dwarves do have dem sexy beards tho.

Thoughts?
Make a dwarf.
Stoneform
Stoneform removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects. Quaking Palm is basically a gouge and while you have some leeway as a shaman to get in melee range, it's safer to keep distance.

Pandas are good for that last minute jump off of LM when play AB. Plus you never know when food buffs are going to come back. I rarely use quaking palm because I am too busy healing. My level 20 is a Pandaren. It was chosen mostly because of the food buff. :(
My level 19 is Draenei and I only use Gift of the Naruu as a defense CD. My 29 is a Dwarf and rarely use it unless I am slowed by poisons while trying to run away. Changes in instanced PvP have effectively nullified Alliance racials at lower levels. Horde definitely has the superior racials.

/cheers

I don't think anyone was asking what the racials do dawg
That wasn't the point. Stoneform has greater utility against every other class and to the OP's concern of Horde survival hunters, Quaking Palm isn't really worth it. If you're up against two hunters, the probability of one of them being a blood elf increases, as does the need for uninterrupted healing. Being able to stoneform arcane torrent helps tons.

Zug zug... here i comes the troll survival hunters to gobble up the dwarf hobbits, oh look no disc gandalf to save you!

Users who are viewing this thread