All T(?)inks On 1 Server

Could it be done?

• Total voters

Tom Ganks

Imagine walking in Org/SW, and seeing xp-off players everywhere..! A Utopia of sorts! Players of all brackets United (realm-wise) to create a community of competitive rivalries!

You folks think it's possible? I'm not talking about convincing everyone to transfer their toons to one server, but to at least start with building a community on one server, with an un-wavering influence to recruit. Not to a guild, but an entire realm! No more server-hopping, no more tedious cross-server groupings! A place where noobs, casuals, and hardcore Tinks all know each-other! And if disputes are forged, so shall guilds, leading to further competition!

There are obviously certain realms that would have a head-start in this possible future. But only one should be chosen. And if it were up to me, my bet's on BH (us)!

Thoughts? This would have to be a bigger project than GG-19, since it aims at ALL brackets. And when all brackets come to meet each-other, the less populated ones have a huge opportunity to recruit!

Doing such would result in no activity from other servers. We would miss recruiting potential future XPOff'ers from every server except the one we were all playing on. I think it would be detrimental to the future of XPOffing in the long run.
Besides, Bleeding Hollow practically fulfills that ideology for the 10-19 bracket, as that is where the majority of them currently play.

Doing such would result in no activity from other servers. We would miss recruiting potential future XPOff'ers from every server except the one we were all playing on. I think it would be detrimental to the future of XPOffing in the long run.
Besides, Bleeding Hollow practically fulfills that ideology for the 10-19 bracket, as that is where the majority of them currently play.

That wouldn't be a concern for long once the majority of people are on-board. Also, most servers are nearly dead when it comes to twink population since new players randomly choose a server without insight, so that's out of the equation. We have been trying to recruit to this realm, then that realm, for years. It has gotten us literally nowhere in terms of progress. I have seen servers rise and fall. My home-server is currently on the brink of decline.

The benefits would FAR outweigh the drawbacks. Once people make this a reality, they will never resort to leaving a realm ever again. Also most communities/guilds are minuscule. They may have an uprising, but it usually doesn't last long, due to players hopping on other server band-wagons.

edit: the real issue is how distant and disconnected people are with one-another.

Last edited by a moderator:
That wouldn't be a concern for long once the majority of people are on-board. Also, most servers are nearly dead when it comes to tink population since new players randomly choose a server without insight, so that's out of the equation. We have been trying to recruit to this realm, then that realm, for years. It has gotten us literally nowhere in terms of progress. I have seen servers rise and fall. My home-server is currently on the brink of decline.

The benefits would FAR outweigh the drawbacks. Once people make this a reality, they will never resort to leaving a realm ever again. Also most communities/guilds are minuscule. They may have an uprising, but it usually doesn't last long, due to players hopping on other server band-wagons.

edit: the real issue is how distant and disconnected people are with one-another.

If everyone is actively recruiting on 1 realm, and 1 realm only you are excluding all other realms. Most people dont start out on this game with the intentions of playing XPOff BGs. They get into it after seeing others that do it and wanting to learn more about it. If you have everyone on 1 server recruiting that server only, you gain nobody new. Everyone on that server will know in a short period of time. Meanwhile, you are ignoring every other server out there and the new recruits that might be gained from those servers. Did everyone that is on Bleeding Hollow playing XPOff start on Bleeding Hollow? No, many became interested in the play style on other servers, and later migrated to B.H.
I agree that it would more then likely improve the community we currently have by making it closer knit and more unified.
But, as people became bored or quit for whatever reason, there would be no new members brought in to bolster the numbers of the community and we would eventually be worse off.

Last edited:
If everyone is actively recruiting on 1 realm, and 1 realm only you are excluding all other realms. Most people dont start out on this game with the intentions of playing XPOff BGs. They get into it after seeing others that do it and wanting to learn more about it. If you have everyone on 1 server recruiting that server only, you gain nobody new. Everyone on that server will know in a short period of time. Meanwhile, you are ignoring every other server out there and the new recruits that might be gained from those servers. Did everyone that is on Bleeding Hollow playing XPOff start on Bleeding Hollow? No, many became interested in the play style on other servers, and later migrated to B.H.
I agree that it would more then likely improve the community we currently have by making it closer knit and more unified.
But, as people became bored or quit for whatever reason, there would be no new members brought in to bolster the numbers of the community and we would eventually be worse off.
actually a large percentage start off f2p. Then are introduced to the concept of xpoff.

But, as people became bored or quit for whatever reason, there would be no new members brought in to bolster the numbers of the community and we would eventually be worse off

Yeah if it's organized by a bunch of quitters. Most good recruiters tend to continue recruiting.

Don't be a negative nancy. Sure I'm sure you understand the common nature of people, but you are completely taking effort out of the equation. If the community was 100% lazy, I would have disassociated myself a long time ago.

This will not happen because most players don't care enough to move/make all of their twinks on the same server. It shouldn't happen because it would reduce the awareness of twinks across all other servers - which would greatly decrease the number of twinks. It would greatly increase the quality of twinks, but most twink brackets value quantity over quality.

The only reason the majority of 19s are on the same server (Bleeding Hollow) is because the community is so tightknit and competitive. The majority of players in the community care more about quality over quantity.

Yeah if it's organized by a bunch of quitters. Most good recruiters tend to continue recruiting.

Don't be a negative nancy. Sure I'm sure you understand the common nature of people, but you are completely taking effort out of the equation. If the community was 100% lazy, I would have disassociated myself a long time ago.

Not being negative, Im being honest and looking at the bigger picture. People come and go. Real life happens.
It doesnt matter how good a recruiter is, if you limit their recruiting to 1 server, you have a much smaller pool to recruit from then if you are on all servers. Spam a server for a month, you will get every recruit you are gonna get. The only new recruits will come from the occasional new player to that server. Where if you spread across all servers and recruit, you will gain the players from the 1 server, plus many more. What requires more effort? Recruiting on 1 server or all servers?

You call me a negative nancy, but truthfully you are blind if you cant see what I am saying.

I agree with what most people are saying here. It's a good thought, but I feel like it will backfire. Right now we have a bunch of twonks scattered (at least on EU, I guess it's a bit the same for US, although BH is a very popular server for twonks), which means we don't put all our eggs in one basket.

If we only promote twonks on one server only, there will be no promoting twonks on other servers. People will lose the possibility of discovering twonks. We need to keep commercializing twonks on other servers as well, and the best way to do that is by simply representing yourself actively on your server, either in Durotar/Crossroads or outside SW/Goldshire, depending where you find active groups of people.

The mentioned method of actively recruiting future twonks from other servers, while the vast majority will be on the Utopia Server, will simply be too much of an effort in the long run. Either people have to seek out information elsewhere but ingame, and that won't happen if they aren't introduced to the concept ingame first, because they will simply be unaware in the first place.
That means you will need to have x people willing to go on the other servers, spamming trade / general chat etc. which brings me back to my earlier statement, too much effort. By simply playing on different servers, we all contribute as ambassadors so to speak.

I know that this Utopia idea came from good intentions, and it would be fun to have said community, but I feel it would make a drastic decrease in twonks over time.

Users who are viewing this thread