A More Welcoming & Positive Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conq

Since the prepatch we have had tons of new traffic to the website, our monthly usership has gone up by thousands, and stayed there, it can only go up even further at this point, yet many of these new users are not posting, and the reason why is no mystery.

Right now we are in a stage of WoW where we are thrown back into the mix with the rest of the players of this game, and regardless of anyones individual thoughts of these players the ones that have shown an interest in twinking should come to XPOFF and be immersed in a highly informative, welcoming, and semi-competitive environment.

Before going on I will say that this post should have happened a few weeks ago, and that probably harms the website more than anything else. That being said it's not too late to start cleaning things up a bit.

Before the merge XPOFF was a place for those seeking to create a utopia out of a fallen kingdom, soon after we imported users the quality of posting went down, but the quantity went way up, a fair trade. However this is no Utopia, especially in its current state.

The moderation here has been very lax, and good, overall i'd say we have done an amazing job, especially with no CoC.

However some things and people are getting out of hand, Within the near future the staff will be having a big meeting and discussing our vision, and different changes/ideas we'd like to bring to the website. One of the big topics will be about creating a more welcoming environment but until that meeting happens this post will serve as an addition to the current method of moderation posted here: A Vision of Moderation | XPOff

The so called "sh** posting", hostile attitudes (telling people to "kys") or verbally assaulting people has got to go all together, it's getting ridiculous. Right now we are giving out 24 hour bans for people who are being hostile, toxic, consistently rude, and making excessively bad posts.

Enough of those temp bans will end up with you being permanently banned. Keep in mind this is a temporary method of moderation, but the bans are permanent after you've gotten enough warnings.

I know many of us have forum personas that we have cultivated over the years, myself included, this is not always how we behave in real life so my suggestion to you: Grandfathered, Vets, Arena Champions, Twink Cup Champions, or anyone else with "status" around here: You are not exempt from this, we no longer own the brackets we play in, our community is no longer closed, we must adjust, or fall by the wayside.

This temporary method of moderation goes into effect immediately, including this thread.

If you would like to apply as a moderator you can here: Moderator Applications | XPOff

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually really happy to see this. I hope it actually works, and isn't just an empty post.

maybe one day youll realize that this page will never be "big", it has its community which is toxic so if you forbid that even the small community wont visit this site anymore... but maybe im just wrong here, as wrong as when i said the pserver is a ridiculous idea that will fail

maybe one day youll realize that this page will never be "big", it has its community which is toxic so if you forbid that even the small community wont visit this site anymore... but maybe im just wrong here, as wrong as when i said the pserver is a ridiculous idea that will fail
According to our statistics the community has a unique chance to grow beyond what it is now, or ever has been.

Sometimes you need to tear down the old to make room for the new.

Make me mod Conq

I know many of us have forum personas that we have cultivated over the years, myself included, this is not always how we behave in real life so my suggestion to you: Grandfathered, Vets, Arena Champions, Twink Cup Champions, or anyone else with "status" around here: You are not exempt from this, we no longer own the brackets we play in, our community is no longer closed, we must adjust, or fall by the wayside.

wat

According to our statistics the community has a unique chance to grow beyond what it is now, or ever has been.
You sound like Lore when he tried to justify WoWs stance on botting in the pvp scene xd

but haha ^-^ great thread xoxoxo

Yeah, I was taking this thread serious and so far two staff have already started shit posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread