EU+US 99 Demon Hunter

Tchobii

Legend
Im on my 4th try now, i skipped 2 rare bosses, and i still lvl on the second last quest, can any1 help me out? ^^

How did u guys do it?
Have they buffed the exp or something?

I also have done it 4 times now and have proof that I don't think it's possible any longer. I didn't kill 1 of the rares, didn't loot ANY Chest, killed EXACTLY the number of mobs required with no extras, didn't tag ANY Mob with Fel Rush, never used any AOE Ability on any Rare/Boss that has adds or that adds are near it, Body pulled 100% of mobs for the 100 Charges, and didn't finish the 2nd Bonus Objective this time. I dinged 100 with the final quest turn in that gives 47K XP.

DH%20100%20not%2099_cropped.jpg

I also have done it 4 times now and have proof that I don't think it's possible any longer. I didn't kill 1 of the rares, didn't loot ANY Chest, killed EXACTLY the number of mobs required with no extras, didn't tag ANY Mob with Fel Rush, never used any AOE Ability on any Rare/Boss that has adds or that adds are near it, Body pulled 100% of mobs for the 100 Charges, and didn't finish the 2nd Bonus Objective this time. I dinged 100 with the final quest turn in that gives 47K XP.

DH%20100%20not%2099_cropped.jpg

Dinged twice at that quest aswell, but if u do it with a a friend and like die on the some of the quests it shouldnt be a problem i guess

It's still possible horde side. My buddy and I just did it. No special grouping or anything. Only kill the first 15 mobs you need for the first quest. Also, only kill stuff others have tagged. You can get between 50-200 exp per mob if you go that route. You can then kill 2-3 rares total for the whole starting zone
(we only killed 1) depending on how careful you are. I recommend using the spider one for the war quest where you have an objective like bar. Rally soldiers, click legion thingys to get your bar up; make as few kills as possible. It seems that all the elite mobs in the DH starting zone are affected the same way the invasion bosses give exp. I wouldn't recommend killing any rares in the tower as they will add a lot to your kill objective.

You can not complete either bonus objective or you will hit 100.

When you are doing the part where you need 100 energy from demons only hit mobs that are tagged and low health. If your bonus objective bar gets over around 40% completed during those 2 quests you will not make it. you want it around 35 to be safe.

If you played extremely carefully you should be about 1-2 bars from 100 when you get to Orgrimar. Stop here and do not accept the quest from Kadgar. Go get your exp off. The guy is not phased for horde. I believe he is for alliance.

Good Luck!

ps treasures do not give exp, so get the ring and the flask thingy

It's still possible horde side. My buddy and I just did it. No special grouping or anything. Only kill the first 15 mobs you need for the first quest. Also, only kill stuff others have tagged. You can get between 50-200 exp per mob if you go that route. You can then kill 2-3 rares (we only killed 1) depending on how careful you are. I recommend using the spider one for the war quest where you have an objective like bar. Rally soldiers, click legion thingys to get your bar up; make as few kills as possible. It seems that all the elite mobs in the DH starting zone are affected the same way the invasion bosses give exp. I wouldn't recommend killing any rares in the tower as they will add a lot to your kill objective.

You can not complete either bonus objective or you will hit 100.

When you are doing the part where you need 100 energy from demons only hit mobs that are tagged and low health. If your bonus objective bar gets over around 40% completed during those 2 quests you will not make it. you want it around 35 to be safe.

If you played extremely carefully you should be about 1-2 bars from 100 when you get to Orgrimar. Stop here and do not accept the quest from Kadgar. Go get your exp off. The guy is not phased for horde. I believe he is for alliance.

Good Luck!
Did all of what you said, minus being in a group and only killing mobs that other's tagged and still hit 100, as Horde.

how many rares did you kill?
All the required ones +2 (Spider for the Cloak and dude inside the Tower for some other Gear item). I skipped the Rare that drops the trinket that has a Throw on use.

All the required ones +2 (Spider for the Cloak and dude inside the Tower for some other Gear item). I skipped the Rare that drops the trinket that has a Throw on use.
You don't have to kill any rares to complete it. Only some elites. The rares give around 5-12k exp per. Try skipping them all or just kill one and see if you can do it. I calculated you can have at most around 20k exp left before hitting 100 if you only kill the spider rare. MY buddy hit 100 with 20k left and I hit 100 with around 10k left

You don't have to kill any rares to complete it. Only some elites. The rares give around 5-12k exp per. Try skipping them all or just kill one and see if you can do it. I calculated you can have at most around 20k exp left before hitting 100 if you only kill the spider rare. MY buddy hit 100 with 20k left and I hit 100 with around 10k left
If you look at their icon just about all of them are Rares and 2 of them are required to progress the Quests.

Rare AND required for progression:

Not required Rares but drop Loot that you cannot otherwise get (high iLvL) at 99 without being part of WoD (3) limit:
On this 4th run I just did tonight, I did loot the Inquisitor's Eye and the Mardum Signet but not the Bag or ANY regular Chests. I body pulled 100% of the 100 Charge Quest, didn't AOE EVER or use Fel Rush, killed exactly 15/15 for the first Quest and didn't finish either Bonus Objective.

If you look at their icon just about all of them are Rares and 2 of them are required to progress the Quests.

Rare AND required for progression:

Not required Rares but drop Loot that you cannot otherwise get (high iLvL) at 99 without being part of WoD (3) limit:
On this 4th run I just did tonight, I did loot the Inquisitor's Eye and the Mardum Signet but not the Bag or ANY regular Chests. I body pulled 100% of the 100 Charge Quest, didn't AOE EVER or use Fel Rush, killed exactly 15/15 for the first Quest and didn't finish either Bonus Objective.
The count and the general are not required for progression and give around 12k exp each.

The count and the general are not required for progression and give around 12k exp each.
Explain why they're on the Quest marker then. And the Coilscar NPC's won't destroy that Piston until you kill General Volroth.

Explain why they're on the Quest marker then. And the Coilscar NPC's won't destroy that Piston until you kill General Volroth.
They are highlighted for the war quest with the objective bar. You can fill that bar with any kill or object you can touch like rallying soldiers and clicking those green legion diamond. I know for a fact the only rare (silver dragon) we killed was the spider.

Finally got it, killed ONLY Imps for the first Quest, killed ONLY 1 Rare, the dude in the Tower because his Trinket is awesome. I had to plan out what WoD (3) I was going to do in order to not kill certain Rares for their Gear but w/e it's done!! The Link will be in my Sig just as soon as Armory is working ;)

Finally got it, killed ONLY Imps for the first Quest, killed ONLY 1 Rare, the dude in the Tower because his Trinket is awesome. I had to plan out what WoD (3) I was going to do in order to not kill certain Rares for their Gear but w/e it's done!! The Link will be in my Sig just as soon as Armory is working ;)
GRATS! its a pia, but doable. Good call on the trinky. Do you happen to recall the exp that guy gives?

I didn't pay attention sorry. After the fact I'm kind of kicking myself for not killing the Rare with the Neck though so for now I'm stuck with the 660 starter because my WoD (3) is going to be Cloak (because it has Armor on it), 1 Ring (I looted the Chest Ring for less XP gain that killing the Rare with the other Ring) and the Stone of Elements Trinket. I've already got the 725 Warglaives on her and I proc'd (2) Epics, one being a 700 iLvL Helm.

Armory still isn't working so can't link the results just yet.

Just realized the 2. quest : Assault on Mardum is a BONUS OBJECTIVE!!! oh man :D
here goes my 4th run :)

As for the rares they're no problem!
Get naked, get low on hp, wait for another player to engage the rare, tag him, jump in lava or pull a mob and die.
Ress fast as the body of the rare disappears quite fast after he dies. It's very useful to have that 2 minute crystal buff that removes the CD on Fel Rush.
Managed to kill all the rares this way as well as a few quest mobs that don't require you to "absorb their power". Those require you to be alive when they die to complete the quest.

As for the rares they're no problem!

With the exception of one trinket that's pretty ok, all of that gear will get replaced anyway, wont it?

I dont think i have anything under 690 on my rogue after 2 pillar quests... that's all 680 gear, isnt it?

With the exception of one trinket that's pretty ok, all of that gear will get replaced anyway, wont it?

I dont think i have anything under 690 on my rogue after 2 pillar quests... that's all 680 gear, isnt it?

Yeah. Most, if not all of the DH starting Zone gear will be replaced by quest gear at the least.

Users who are viewing this thread