EU+US 99 Artifact Power

For anyone who's interested, you can actually skip the second boss in Neltharions lair, which gives you access to the last chest that much quicker. I do solo runs as a 101 shaman and I can get the chest regardless of it's spawn point within 3-4 minutes. I can't solo the worm boss to get the second guaranteed chest but the path is quick enough that you can easily do it 10 times an hour.

If you have a person with you or can solo the worm you can invis past the trash and pull the worm from behind his hole and kill him without killing any of the trash as well.

If you have someone available just online. A good strategy to not have to die and get out is once you see the chest on the minimap, invite someone, let them join, and then leave the party. It will start the 1 minute timer to kick you whether they are in teh dungeon or not. Grab the chest within that minute and then get booted (ideally with only a couple seconds left in case you pull something). Kicks you right outside, you can reset and repeat without dying.

Battletag is Eromis#1845

How do you skip the 2nd boss?

TL:DR You can jump up the rocks in front of him, and run past the area he spawns, once he leaves the room he despawns. I'm sure you can figure it out from there, but if not here is a very crappy highlight, I'm doing the runs right now so I just recorded this, forgive the bad quality but it should be enough to show what I'm talking about.

http://www.twitch.tv/eromis/v/91367352

If it ever spawns in the river with the basilisks, don't pull everything like I did (I was zoning out because I already had the chest). If you let the middle pat get to the left side of the room, you can pull the pack that has the geode, hop up, they'll chase you and boss will reset and you'll just have to kill these two easy mobs. Typically I leave party at this point and by time I get to the river I can grab the chest and be booted before dying.

That jump is a lot harder than it looks... maybe because my DK isnt a ghostwolf.

edit- but... it is quite a bit easier than killing the boss, which takes him freeking forever. So thanks. =)

Last edited:
I feel like this has to be getting nerfed in some fashion, and probably soon. Anything else i do for my 99s seems like a waste of time right now. Even fresh-artifact 99s if they can stealth.

Grinding for BoE epics is so random it's almost pointless, and this is a predictable, fundamental necessity.

I feel like this has to be getting nerfed in some fashion, and probably soon. Anything else i do for my 99s seems like a waste of time right now. Even fresh-artifact 99s if they can stealth.

Grinding for BoE epics is so random it's almost pointless, and this is a predictable, fundamental necessity.
Why would it get nerfed? Even if you did this for hours and hours every week you're still only going to reach maybe Rank 20 before the entire XPac is over.

Because that's the type of stuff they actually fix... pointless stuff like that. One day, you'll go in, and you wont be able to glider past the boss anymore. Why? Because............... Blizz.

Because that's the type of stuff they actually fix... pointless stuff like that. One day, you'll go in, and you wont be able to glider past the boss anymore. Why? Because............... Blizz.
Indeed, Blizz does nerf things that have no effect on PvP/End Game PvE because the anti-Fun Police love to watch the nerd tears fall when they do. That's not what I meant though, I can't see Blizz nerfing it because of it being OP/Unintended/Broken/Exploity/etc (gaining 1-4 additional Rank of AP at 98/99 over the course of the entire XPac).

I'm inside right now... the Chest normally inside the farthest SW Cave (between Boss 1-2, after the Barrel ride) isn't there. Not sure I want to deal with fighting the 2nd Boss to see if the Chest normally in the back of the water at Scaleback Run is there (between Boss 2-3). It's not like I have any fear of dying on my DH, it just takes forever... This is part of why I don't see why they'd nerf this, as it can be a PITA Solo, and you get the 10 Instance/Hr lockout when in a Group doing it.

Lol, anyone found Mushroom Merchant in Neltharion's Lair yet? He apparently sells different Mushrooms each time, and so far they all share a CD. All of them, except the Burger, is usable at 98.

Shortstalk Mushroom: +50% Dodge for 1 minute (while in Highmountain) 10m CD.
Wormstalk Mushroom: Occassionally call an Infectious Worm to attack your opponent, lasts for 1 minute, multiple may be up at once, does negligible damage (while in Highmountain) 10m CD.
Giantcap Mushroom: Increase AP by 4021 for 1 minute (while in Highmountain) 10m CD.
Floaty Fungus: Levitate for 1 minute (while in Highmountain) 10m CD.

Last edited:
Yeah, 6 runs now zero chests spawned.... perfect example of Blizz logic - dont bother fixing the problem itself, just remove the benefit for everyone instead.

Literally the worst gaming company on earth. Glad i'm not investing too much time in this xpac.

Same, just did 3 runs and didnt see a single chest. Anyone see a blue post on this anywhere? I plan on hopping on my 110 and seeing if the chests are there on heroic or if they just purged them completely.

Same, just did 3 runs and didnt see a single chest. Anyone see a blue post on this anywhere? I plan on hopping on my 110 and seeing if the chests are there on heroic or if they just purged them completely.

I'm not convinced that anything has changed. I've done a lot of runs and yes sometimes there would be zero bonus chests and the worm chest doesn't always have AP in it either. It's entirely possible to do a full run and get zero AP.

I felt like this too until I gave the dungeon a break (after a 0 AP run) and tried some farming of those fast respawning humanoids in stormheim.

I did it on 2x 99's (resto druid / Hpal) for double the loot. With balance affinity I stand in the middle and pull everything (45 yard range). Every mob dies to one moonfire and one sunfire. I was killing them so fast that every now and then there would be zero mobs spawned. I did about 5 hours of farming.

I got - 2 epics (mail legs, mail helm)
About 3000 art power on each toon from the +75/+100's
About 50 k gold (not including the sale of the mail helm - I still have it)

Of course results are going to vary if your doing it solo and you can't aoe pull everything constantly. The gold value includes selling stacks of 200 cloth for 2 k ea, stacks of 200 enchanting dust for 4 k ea. Now just imagine you were hardcore and had 5 accounts farming at the same time. It'd rain epics :)

edit; woo just my 3rd epic from that farm. Plate helm!

Last edited:
I think it's the same as Eye of Azshara now, where you only get chests if you queue in with the Dungeon Finder. Just did 5 runs with no optional chests (2 of which with another person in the instance too) and on the last run we killed 3rd boss and there was no guarenteed chest either.

Edit: First run in the dungeon finder, got the optional waterfall chest and the guarenteed chest after 3rd boss.

Last edited:
I felt like this too until I gave the dungeon a break (after a 0 AP run) and tried some farming of those fast respawning humanoids in stormheim.

I did it on 2x 99's (resto druid / Hpal) for double the loot. With balance affinity I stand in the middle and pull everything (45 yard range). Every mob dies to one moonfire and one sunfire. I was killing them so fast that every now and then there would be zero mobs spawned. I did about 5 hours of farming.

I got - 2 epics (mail legs, mail helm)
About 3000 art power on each toon from the +75/+100's
About 50 k gold (not including the sale of the mail helm - I still have it)

Of course results are going to vary if your doing it solo and you can't aoe pull everything constantly. The gold value includes selling stacks of 200 cloth for 2 k ea, stacks of 200 enchanting dust for 4 k ea. Now just imagine you were hardcore and had 5 accounts farming at the same time. It'd rain epics :)

edit; woo just my 3rd epic from that farm. Plate helm!
Can u make a video?

Can u make a video?

I've never made a wow vid and I don't intend to start now, but I can give you some more info.

The humanoids (servant of skovald, felskorn zealot, etc) are just in front of the halls of valor. You can see three little huts on the map NW of HoV. There is a quest mob in the middle of the huts called Dravax. I stand sort of in front of him but out of aggro range. Then just pull everything at 45 yards (balance affinity) with moonfire / sunfire and aoe loot. I don't kill that quest mob because a ton of people come looking for him.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Malornebear/simple

Resto druid may actually be the best world aoe farmer there is. Currently at ilvl 743 and 14 art traits, the double dots are strong enough to kill any non-elites. 58.8 % physical mitigation in moonkin form and 3 passive heals rolling (ysera's gift, mark of shifting art trait & hpal aura of mercy) means I'm invincible, even with 20 mobs on me. Farming AP / epics is all about efficiency, so if your spec is just single target and/or you're undergeared it might be a long time in between drops.

I use the lootarang toy (requires 125 eng) to loot on both chars.

Actually just got my 4 th epic (leather shoulders I'm currently wearing) since I started this farm yesterday. Definitely going to keep doing it until both chars are fully geared.

I've never made a wow vid and I don't intend to start now, but I can give you some more info.

The humanoids (servant of skovald, felskorn zealot, etc) are just in front of the halls of valor. You can see three little huts on the map NW of HoV. There is a quest mob in the middle of the huts called Dravax. I stand sort of in front of him but out of aggro range. Then just pull everything at 45 yards (balance affinity) with moonfire / sunfire and aoe loot. I don't kill that quest mob because a ton of people come looking for him.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Malornebear/simple

Resto druid may actually be the best world aoe farmer there is. Currently at ilvl 743 and 14 art traits, the double dots are strong enough to kill any non-elites. 58.8 % physical mitigation in moonkin form and 3 passive heals rolling (ysera's gift, mark of shifting art trait & hpal aura of mercy) means I'm invincible, even with 20 mobs on me. Farming AP / epics is all about efficiency, so if your spec is just single target and/or you're undergeared it might be a long time in between drops.

I use the lootarang toy (requires 125 eng) to loot on both chars.

Actually just got my 4 th epic (leather shoulders I'm currently wearing) since I started this farm yesterday. Definitely going to keep doing it until both chars are fully geared.
Can i farm epix as arms warrior?

Users who are viewing this thread